Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Answer me this Tracer Missle/Grav Round Spammers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Answer me this Tracer Missle/Grav Round Spammers

il-jumper's Avatar


il-jumper
01.28.2012 , 12:54 PM | #1
Why can you spam TM/GR without any heat/ammo problems?
Other classes have to use 1 normal attack due to energy problem after EACH skill

Why is TM/GR Kinetic Damage?
Pure DPS Classes have Physical damage on their main skill, which get deflected and dodged to oblivion.




TM/GR needs to be fixed to be comparable with other skills. Be it buffing the other skills or fixing TM/GR

TM/GR should be physical damage, and costs more heat/ammo so you need to use actucally use non heat/ammo attack.

Strah's Avatar


Strah
01.28.2012 , 12:56 PM | #2
It does cost 16 heat/whatever ammo.

Which is high enough for a spam-attack.


And comparing it to snipe/charged burst is wrong.
It's not the fact that GR/TM is OP, it's the fact that snipe/charged burst is probably the most useless skill in the class' arsenal.

Divinism's Avatar


Divinism
01.28.2012 , 12:59 PM | #3
Commandos / Mercenaries DO have to use a basic shot between TMS / GRs, but perhaps not to as great extent as Energy users.

This is because Mercs / Commandos have a talent that reduce the Heat / Ammo cost of GR / TM from 25 to 16, and a talent that has 100% chance to vent heat / generate ammo on GR / TM crit, on a 3 second cooldown. Both of these talents make TM / GR very spam friendly.

il-jumper's Avatar


il-jumper
01.28.2012 , 01:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Strah View Post
It does cost 16 heat/whatever ammo.

Which is high enough for a spam-attack.


And comparing it to snipe/charged burst is wrong.
It's not the fact that GR/TM is OP, it's the fact that snipe/charged burst is probably the most useless skill in the class' arsenal.
I'm sorry but other classes spam attack cost 20 energy.

Strah's Avatar


Strah
01.28.2012 , 01:01 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by il-jumper View Post
I'm sorry but other classes spam attack cost 20 energy.
Did you even read what i wrote?

il-jumper's Avatar


il-jumper
01.28.2012 , 01:04 PM | #6
So you saying Healing Class doing better dps then a pure dpss class is how it should be.

Strah's Avatar


Strah
01.28.2012 , 01:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by il-jumper View Post
So you saying Healing Class doing better dps then a pure dpss class is how it should be.
No, i'm saying that snipe/charged burst is a piece of crap, and you should not compare it to tm/gr.

il-jumper's Avatar


il-jumper
01.28.2012 , 01:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Strah View Post
No, i'm saying that snipe/charged burst is a piece of crap, and you should not compare it to tm/gr.

I'm sorry but Snipe/Charged Blast is the main skill of Sniper/Gunslinger which needs to be spammed to get procs too.

Strah's Avatar


Strah
01.28.2012 , 01:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by il-jumper View Post
I'm sorry but Snipe/Charged Blast is the main skill of Sniper/Gunslinger which procs skills too.
That's why MM/SS spec is broken.

Which is the reason why you should spec lethality/it's GS alternative, which provides higher dps/mobility and scaling.

Swaggz's Avatar


Swaggz
01.28.2012 , 01:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by il-jumper View Post
Why can you spam TM/GR without any heat/ammo problems?
Other classes have to use 1 normal attack due to energy problem after EACH skill

Why is TM/GR Kinetic Damage?
Pure DPS Classes have Physical damage on their main skill, which get deflected and dodged to oblivion.




TM/GR needs to be fixed to be comparable with other skills. Be it buffing the other skills or fixing TM/GR

TM/GR should be physical damage, and costs more heat/ammo so you need to use actucally use non heat/ammo attack.
We get heat issues if we just spam this OVER AND OVER like you say. Someone who spams TM/GR only isn't using his class to his full potential. Yes, we use TM alot, but there's reasons behind that. Yes, we use Rapid Shots inbetween to help with heat. As for our dmg types, we have only 2. Tech (which is our missles) and Ranged (Blaster abilities). Yes, our Tech abilities have a higher accuracy and alot of our PvP gear has accuracy on it which in turn, increases helps us negate any extra defenses you have over 105%.

I can go more indepth on why we use GR/TM more than all of our other abilities, but then this'll turn into a wall of text. So please, at least do a little bit of research into our talent tree's first before you start QQing about TR/GM spammers.