Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Cost of Respecing Going Down Over Time?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Cost of Respecing Going Down Over Time?

Dr_Ratfinkus
01.28.2012 , 12:24 PM | #1
As I've been leveling and PvPing, I naturally tried every tree and different hybred spec. Now the cost of this is rediculous. I can't afford it anymore... Does anyone know if this price goes down over time?

Avianpixie
01.28.2012 , 12:38 PM | #2
I'm fairly sure the cost resets to 0 every week.
I healed, therefore i was...
...No, not a bucket of turkey. A healer.

Batslav
01.28.2012 , 12:42 PM | #3
resets every week

Ferrety
01.28.2012 , 12:52 PM | #4
Im not sure if it goes all the way back down to 0 every week does it? I've heard it drops a cost tier every week (i.e. cost 3000 in week 1, week 2 it will cost 1500, week 3 it will cost 500) as long as you don't respec again that week.

Can anyone confirm what actually happens?

Marak
01.28.2012 , 01:16 PM | #5
It resets to 0 after 7 days of not respec'ing and the tiers start over so it's dirt cheap the first time again and so on and so forth.

Holeyfield
01.28.2012 , 04:54 PM | #6
Indeed it does go down over time, but to anyone reading this remember... As in, remember when the last time you respecced was and wait 7 days.

I say that because the game will not tell you, and you will have to have enough money to pay for the respec, but as long as it has been over 7 days then it won't actually charge you money, and it will tell you the message that your respec cost has been reset to 0.

So, it's not obvious nor is there way to confirm it beyond what I've written at this time, but it still true none the less.

Y-Yorle
01.28.2012 , 05:52 PM | #7
I also believe the game 'says' you have to pay a n X amount after those 7 days, but that the actual amount being substracted is 0 credits. I haven't tested this yet though (no need to respec lately).
Valenth Guiran
Biochemist | Diplomat | Guardian
The Kestrel Minority @ The Progenitor (EU), Republic, Light RP
Heliste | Pyron | K'rdas | Elendus | Judia | Pretho | Nirav

FobManX
01.28.2012 , 06:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Y-Yorle View Post
I also believe the game 'says' you have to pay a n X amount after those 7 days, but that the actual amount being substracted is 0 credits. I haven't tested this yet though (no need to respec lately).
That's exactly what happens. I respecced a couple of days ago and it was my first respec in like a month so even though it said it would cost 1300 credits, after you click the button it'll actually say that it doesn't cost anything.