Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The true problems with sorcs/sages(from a sage)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The true problems with sorcs/sages(from a sage)

prochuvi
01.27.2012 , 08:41 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Skuldar View Post
Sorcs/Sages are squishy. That's why they have all that utility. They need it to balance how vulnerable they are. For instance, Mercs have much of the same utility and have heavy armor, but they lack interrupts.
hnnnn how is posible that the knowback and heavy armor of merc are the same utility that the sorc have?
merc utility:
knowback
heavy armor(10 % less damage than sorc)
stun
sorc utility:
OP shield(9k with the good spec)
knowback more root
combat rezz
sumon to friend
sprint
stun
mezz more stun
35 meters on main skill where merc have 30(this is a huge advantage)
interrupt

sorry but sages must be toned down at the same time that Operatives,the sprint must be only for asasin,the shield only for heals amd the combat rezz only for heal also

Caelrie
01.27.2012 , 09:55 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by lineschmidt View Post
Because it's bad when only 1 class gets it all mmmkay?
Lots of classes in this game have utility, not just sages and sorcs.

brutalcabbage
01.27.2012 , 10:10 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by staysa View Post
How can you even tell balance at this point with how many terrible players populate the game? I have yet to play a game with a worse playerbase, skillwise.
I take it you didn't play WoW? holy crap to me PC games in general have the largest crappy player base in pvp. They have a nice small% of elite players too, but waaaaay more crappy players. I don't mean just skill I mean situational awareness and total lack of gaming knowledge of strategies. It boggles my mind really and they queue for WZs over and over and over.

Karenai
01.28.2012 , 08:09 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by prochuvi View Post
hnnnn how is posible that the knowback and heavy armor of merc are the same utility that the sorc have?
merc utility:
knowback
heavy armor(10 % less damage than sorc)
stun
sorc utility:
OP shield(9k with the good spec)
knowback more root
combat rezz
sumon to friend
sprint
stun
mezz more stun
35 meters on main skill where merc have 30(this is a huge advantage)
interrupt

sorry but sages must be toned down at the same time that Operatives,the sprint must be only for asasin,the shield only for heals amd the combat rezz only for heal also
Show me how to shield that famous 9k all the time. My shield holds 2,5k if I am lucky.
Show me one instance of Sages combat rezzing in warzones (we are talking about pvp you know)
"sumon to friend"? what? the? what are you smoking?
35m range? what are you smoking? My pebbels are always 30m and that's after skillng.

btw all those who complain about sage/sorc shield: everyone has it on them, if you do not, your sorc/sage mates are to blame.

Darth_Hatine
01.28.2012 , 10:41 AM | #35
I kill Sages and Sorcerers left and right with my Assassin and Juggernaut. I don't see the overpowered class people speak of. Only class I have consistent trouble with is the Scoundrel and Operative if I'm hit with the knock down/ stun opener in which by the time the stun is up I'm either dead or at around 9% health in which one attack will kill me. Also I have trouble with the trooper class because if I don't get the first hit on them I'm probably gonna lose due to their high damage output and very good damage reduction. Note: oddly enough for some reason I don't have the same trouble with the bounty hunter players.

Bhorzo
01.28.2012 , 11:11 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Karenai View Post
btw all those who complain about sage/sorc shield: everyone has it on them, if you do not, your sorc/sage mates are to blame.
This is an intelligent but often overlooked point. EVERYONE should have a shield on them. If you don't, blame the sorcerer/sage on your team, not the class itself. There is no restriction in the game that says bubbles are only for sorcerers... they're available to every single person on your team.

(There's always the chance your team has no sorcerer... but let's be realistic... I've NEVER seen a match like that. Ever.)

prochuvi
01.28.2012 , 01:26 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Karenai View Post
Show me how to shield that famous 9k all the time. My shield holds 2,5k if I am lucky.
Show me one instance of Sages combat rezzing in warzones (we are talking about pvp you know)
"sumon to friend"? what? the? what are you smoking?
35m range? what are you smoking? My pebbels are always 30m and that's after skillng.

1- if u are bad it isnt my fault,geared sages with talents have 9k shields
2- if u arent seeing to sages combatrezzings in warzones is becasue u havent done premades.
3-http://www.torhead.com/ability/6zrUfW5/rescue (rescue skill)im sorry but or you are trolling or u havent a sage
4- talent mind eye on telekines spec for 5 extra range

im sorry but if i know more about your class that yourself when i havent it.......i think that i know then because u say that merc with 3 utilitys have the same that sages with 9! utilitys

plz tell us again that sages have the same utility that merc so i can educate you again