Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The true problems with sorcs/sages(from a sage)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The true problems with sorcs/sages(from a sage)

ArchAUstin
01.25.2012 , 05:41 PM | #1
I can tell you right now the biggest problem with the sorc/sage class is the hybrid spec potential.

Telekinetic spec offers good utility needed for the TK playstyle, the Root on the knockback, needed if you have 2-3 second casts, Force lift cooldown reduced, with longer lockout and increased shield all good if you are Telekeninetics spec.

Now that being said if you aren't TK spec you don't need all that utility.....

Balance offers some good utility as well, Lightning ticks make your next spell instant cast, force lift can stun, reduced CD on your main stun.

Thing is all of these utility talents are so LOW into the trees.

This is why you have people complaining that sorcs are SO OP because every sorc has ALLL of this utility, the utility designed for Telekinetics spec and the Utility designed for Balance spec into 1 hybrid that also deals MORE damage than any other class in the game....

So essentially what you have are sorcs with absurd utility combined with absurd damage and no other class comes close to being as good.

They are light years ahead of pre 1.1.1 Ops.

ArchAUstin
01.25.2012 , 05:42 PM | #2
This is the reason sage/sorc is bar none the MOST played class in the game, nothing else even comes close to the sage/sorc population.

KindBudhArsh
01.25.2012 , 05:45 PM | #3
athough i agree, i dont agree that Sorc/Sages are overplayed by ppl, its more ike the Assassin/Shadow are who i see everywhere left and right...

onethreeone
01.25.2012 , 06:07 PM | #4
I disagree. As a sorc, I was hitting Top 3-5 every game starting at level 14 when I got sprint (and some even before that). It's not the talents that make them powerful, it's the DPS + interrupts + heals + shield.

Maybe Battlemasters will disagree with me, but at least in the 10-49 brackets, Sorcs are only so strong because they're balanced for team play and not solo play.

ArchAUstin
01.25.2012 , 06:21 PM | #5
They aren't balance at all, BW gave them every tool in the game and also made their damage absurd.

While on the other hand making my lvl 50 scoundrel completely USELESS.

So now i have to grind up a sage so I can actually be viable in pvp.

He is almost 43 though.

Felioats
01.25.2012 , 06:38 PM | #6
A bigger problem I think is that there's no distinction between the Telekinetics and Balance trees (Sage). There are skills in each that affect the same abilities, even. Neither tree has any particular theme.

It's just a design failing, in my opinion.
>

Bhorzo
01.26.2012 , 05:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchAUstin View Post
They aren't balance at all, BW gave them every tool in the game and also made their damage absurd.

While on the other hand making my lvl 50 scoundrel completely USELESS.

So now i have to grind up a sage so I can actually be viable in pvp.

He is almost 43 though.
Don't worry, by the time you hit 50, they'll get nerfed. Then you can try to roll the next FOTM class...

AureanAvra
01.26.2012 , 09:07 PM | #8
There is definitely a difference between Telekinetic/Lightning and Balance/Madness. The real problem is Telekinetic/Lightning just an awful spec to into purely. It has no mobility and basically requires subspecing at least 16 points into Balance/Madness to be successful. Since that is pretty much the defining ability of that tree it makes both specs seem the same.

Caelrie
01.26.2012 , 09:17 PM | #9
And the war on utility continues...

Someday I might understand why MMO players hate utility so much and are so happy only being able to do one narrow little thing.

staysa
01.26.2012 , 09:43 PM | #10
How can you even tell balance at this point with how many terrible players populate the game? I have yet to play a game with a worse playerbase, skillwise.