Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Exile.

nemhook
01.24.2012 , 03:13 PM | #1
So why did BW kill off the Exile.

Was it because a hero needed to die.

He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

he trusted the wrong Sith (is there a right one)

he tripped on a rock fell; on his back, then wiggled around since he has an extremely long cd.

Or was in just for the simple reason that BW didn't invent him and we was in KOTOR 2.

Could have been any reason really.

Wolfninjajedi
01.24.2012 , 03:17 PM | #2
Its a she not a he, and the last one is probably right seeing as they didn't really own the character.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rhyltran
01.24.2012 , 03:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by nemhook View Post
So why did BW kill off the Exile.

Was it because a hero needed to die.

She was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

she trusted the wrong Sith (is there a right one)

she tripped on a rock fell; on her back, then wiggled around since she has an extremely long cd.

Or was in just for the simple reason that BW didn't invent her and she was in KOTOR 2.

Could have been any reason really.
Pretty much number two. Scourge foresaw their defeat at the Emperors hands. He knew if he helped them he would fall as well. He knew he had to help the one destined to defeat the Emperor. Therefore he betrayed them. Killed the Exile. Revan was defeated.

Rayla_Felana
01.24.2012 , 03:30 PM | #4
Firstly, Meetra Surik was female.

Secondly, to make up an excuse for Revan losing because they would never risk their fanboys by having Revan lose fairly.

Thirdly, I do think Drew just kicked her to the curb, didn't bother learning anything about her beyond her Wiki page and killed her off for a dramatic ending that in reality should have just been Revan himself dying, I guess they couldn't help themselves but to put Revan in this game, 'get teh fat fanboyz moneys.', if you will.

To go even further, i think 'Revan' was an absolute rush job, far worse than KotOR II was, it was short, didn't develop the story properly and the amount of contradictions against canon were glaringly painful, for example, how does Revan go from just being promoted to Jedi Knight at the end of KotOR, to a Jedi Master basically next week? the amount of things Drew pulled out of his *** when writing that novel, killed all of the excitement, entertainment and especially the ending for me.

Gantoris_Aym
01.24.2012 , 04:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Firstly, Meetra Surik was female.

Secondly, to make up an excuse for Revan losing because they would never risk their fanboys by having Revan lose fairly.

Thirdly, I do think Drew just kicked her to the curb, didn't bother learning anything about her beyond her Wiki page and killed her off for a dramatic ending that in reality should have just been Revan himself dying, I guess they couldn't help themselves but to put Revan in this game, 'get teh fat fanboyz moneys.', if you will.

To go even further, i think 'Revan' was an absolute rush job, far worse than KotOR II was, it was short, didn't develop the story properly and the amount of contradictions against canon were glaringly painful, for example, how does Revan go from just being promoted to Jedi Knight at the end of KotOR, to a Jedi Master basically next week? the amount of things Drew pulled out of his *** when writing that novel, killed all of the excitement, entertainment and especially the ending for me.
So why don't we have KOTOR 3 again?

Rayla_Felana
01.24.2012 , 04:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gantoris_Aym View Post
So why don't we have KOTOR 3 again?
Because they want to attract KotOR and Revan fans to TOR by claiming it IS KotOR 3, when really it's nothing of the sort.

Gantoris_Aym
01.24.2012 , 04:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Because they want to attract KotOR and Revan fans to TOR by claiming it IS KotOR 3, when really it's nothing of the sort.
I know this is stating the obvious, but that's not fair to KOTOR fans...we play their MMO regardless, and we still want KOTOR 3

Rayla_Felana
01.24.2012 , 05:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gantoris_Aym View Post
I know this is stating the obvious, but that's not fair to KOTOR fans...we play their MMO regardless, and we still want KOTOR 3
EA doesn't care, KotOR 3 won't do anything for them, Mass Effect 3 is the closest you'll get, in-fact Obsidian wanted to make KotOR III, but LucasArts and BioWare both said no.

I'd love a KotOR III, but it won't happen after TOR and 'Revan'.

Gantoris_Aym
01.24.2012 , 05:14 PM | #9
I hate that. It's harder for KOTOR fans to be satisfied with SWTOR, and we really would be happy with anything KOTOR.

Are they done with system games for the near future?

smartalectwo
01.24.2012 , 05:15 PM | #10
I wonder if this wasn't to do with the fact that the Exile was just plain weird. As-written, the Exile was a walking wound in the Force that throbbed with the despair and pain of the death of a whole planet, and drew strength from forming force-bonds with all and sundry (and occasionally killing them).

Awesome concept, but it just doesn't fit in a more traditional type of story. It's kind of like the Yuuzhan Vong again - great idea, wrong tone.
There is no try.