Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What makes Boba Fett so great?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What makes Boba Fett so great?

Iralith
01.24.2012 , 06:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Valsdad View Post
If by beat you mean he used every trick he had to simply survive and run away, then sure.
Mind you, I think that fight kind of stands as a benchmark for the non-Jedi classes in SWTOR. Jango is awesome and even likeable there--he doesn't have any Force anything, but he can juuuuust about keep up with Obi-Wan by keeping a level head, being strong and agile and quick-minded, and having about a million crazy gear-based tricks up his sleeve. You root for him, a little bit.

That is, presumably, the kind of people the non-Jedi PCs in SWTOR are: awesome and impressive and watchable because they're capable of even being in the same room as a Jedi when stuff hits the fan.

But yeah, I agree about what he accomplishes in that fight.

OutOfSight
01.24.2012 , 06:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Noczod View Post
I think people liked him because he was mysterious he had the Bad *** persona about him. He pretty much was the guy that wouldnt take **** from anyone even the empire or the Sith.
This.
"It says that the effect of drinking a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

ChewiesArmy
01.24.2012 , 07:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
What did he really do in the movies?
He didn't do much in the movies simply because he wasn't a main character. Lucas had no idea Boba would have become so popular, had he known, Boba may have had a larger part.

As was stated, people just liked how mysterious he was. His look and presence gave a ****** impression even though he was a background character.
Skoll
<RISK>
Scoundrel of Port Nowhere

Ardim
01.24.2012 , 08:48 PM | #24
1. He looks bada**

2. He nearly killed Darth Vader after the guy betrayed him on Maryx Minor. Boba could've killed him if he wanted to, but decided not to.

3. He escaped the Sarlaac. The SARLAAC! Hutts have escaped the Sarlaac, but that's because they're indigestible. Boba escaped through sheer skill, luck, and will.

4. He became a Mandalore.
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Aerios: Powertech Avran: Sniper

Omascus
01.24.2012 , 09:23 PM | #25
His accent, mostly. Slave I really helps his appeal too.

Sai-to
01.25.2012 , 12:50 AM | #26
I've never quite understood either, really. He doesn't do anything in the OT to really deserve any respect.

I guess it's because his armor looked cool?

Cause I mean... there's nothing more UN-cool than dying because a BLIND MAN accidentally hit your Jetpack and sent you flying into a wall, then comically sliding into the mouth of a stationary monster.

bliapis
01.25.2012 , 01:02 AM | #27
Boba Fett really takes flesh on Television through the Clone Wars animation series. (or was it Jango?).

He is able to outsmart, outmanouvre and trap Jedis where others fail.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

Elder
01.25.2012 , 02:58 AM | #28
Who's the more trollish, the troll or the troll who comments on him.

FeelMyAgony
01.25.2012 , 03:03 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by OmySpy View Post
As others have mentioned, I think the reason he seemed so cool was:

A. Bounty Hunters are a cool idea in themselves, and he seemed to be the best one in the galaxy (assuming that the Empire hired the best ones they could find) Also, Vader said specifically to Boba Fett "NO DISINTEGRATIONS" which leads us to believe that Boba Fett is the kind of guy who DISINTEGRATES PEOPLE AT WILL.

B. He was one of the few people who Darth Vader didn't talk down to. Any subordinate who did anything but grovel at Vader got choked, but Boba Fett never seemed to be under Vader's (or the Empire's) feet. He speaks to Vader as an equal business partner, and not his superior, and instead of being some lackey of Jabba the Hutt's, he's just the cool guy invited to the party.

Boba Fett was one step ahead of Han (unlike every other hunter) and he gave off an air of coldhearted business.

Anyway, we read into it a lot now, when maybe he was originally a minor character
+1 This pretty much tells why Fett is the **** !!!!!!
"I am not a man of words. But I respect the power of words, for that is what transformed me. The words of the Sith Code. Others had heard them, contemplated them, and so on. But I understood them, and they changed me. For what was I before I heard those words? Nothing." - Darth Bane Dark Lord of the Sith

Castiel
01.25.2012 , 03:53 AM | #30
He had a cool helmet.