Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most POWERFUL Jedi/Sith

Deathroll
12.14.2011 , 09:54 PM | #21
Under no circumstance would I ever call Palpatine the greatest sith when he couldn't even kill Plagueis on even ground (killed him in his sleep). My top are Darth Revan, Darth Bane, and Darth Plagueis. Luke is a solid number one in the end for the Jedi though.

Deathroll
12.14.2011 , 09:56 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by realtalent View Post
Galen Marek is the most powerfull.

In the comic he rips 2 planets apart with he's force power.
His existence in the actual story line is debatable.

Kingstonian
12.14.2011 , 09:57 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Blauu View Post
There are non-jedi force spirit, haran, look at Naga Sadow. He may not be called a force ghost but he lives on as a spirit with the ability to manipulate the force somehow.
I understand that, yet they remained true to their essence, where as Vader became a Force spirit that resembled his Jedi self, not his maimed Sith self. Therefore he was redeemed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deathroll View Post
Under no circumstance would I ever call Palpatine the greatest sith when he couldn't even kill Plagueis on even ground (killed him in his sleep). My top are Darth Revan, Darth Bane, and Darth Plagueis. Luke is a solid number one in the end for the Jedi though.
I'm not saying that Palps is the most powerful either, I'm meerly stating what Lucas (the creator) has said. Imo Darth Bane is number one.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Blauu
12.14.2011 , 10:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingstonian View Post
I understand that, yet they remained true to their essence, where as Vader became a Force spirit that resembled his Jedi self, not his maimed Sith self. Therefore he was redeemed.

I'm not saying that Palps is the most powerful either, I'm meerly stating what Lucas (the creator) has said. Imo Darth Bane is number one.
1.) That's not necessarily true, look at Obi-wan and Yoda, they both looked like healthier, stronger versions of themselves. He may have had that form returned because it was the last form that had full contact with the force.

2.) Agreed, Bane is my choice for the strongest as well.
Parjai par aliit Bes'uliik!
Join Clan Bes'uliik on Begeren Colony!

Bluesmun
12.14.2011 , 10:04 PM | #25
Going by strict canon, that would be Anakin Skywalker or Darth Revan. The problem with Anakin was that he never used his full potential. He would have been capable of utterly insane feats if he'd bothered to focus on his mastery of the Force. However, he focused more on being a soldier and being in love. And, when he was locked away as the Vader we know and love, he was cut down to about eighty percent of his potential. (Of course, I'm pulling that off of my memory of Wookiepedia.)

It should be noted that 'bringing balance to the Force' was NOT making it so that there were two Sith and a few Jedi. The Dark Side itself was the imbalance, and by killing the Emperor, Anakin destroyed the last vestiges of the Dark Side in the galaxy, bringing the Force into balance at last. This is Lucas' version of the Prophecy of the Chosen One, and we should keep in mind that he's declared all post-ROTJ stories to be non-canonical.

People like to say Starkiller. While he was powerful, he had to struggle to win against Vader, and got himself killed by the Emperor. Also, remember that Exar Kun once destroyed an enemy starfleet by crushing them between two stars. Other old-time Sith have done things like destroyed planets or driven entire populations mad. The fact of the matter is that Starkiller only seems impressive because this is the first time we've seen his kind of power in motion.

kryptozs
12.14.2011 , 10:15 PM | #26
Anakin peaked right before his untimely 'scorching'. After that, he was too much machine. The mechanical parts of his new anatomy could not retain the midichlorians (SP?) needed to become the strongest jedi or sith. IMO

Jahl
12.14.2011 , 10:16 PM | #27
This question all depends on what is meant by powerful: Powerful in the force? Best with as lightsaber? What?

The most powerful Sith ever, by default, has to be Palpatine. Could he beat DarthX in a lightsaber duel, probably not. Was his ability with the force greater than DarthY, doubtful. And yet he did what no other Sith Lord could do, he ruled the galaxy. The measure of a Sith Lord is the power he attains, none were more powerful than Sideous.
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█{▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓}
The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent....Qui-Gon Jinn

Blauu
12.14.2011 , 10:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by kryptozs View Post
Anakin peaked right before his untimely 'scorching'. After that, he was too much machine. The mechanical parts of his new anatomy could not retain the midichlorians (SP?) needed to become the strongest jedi or sith. IMO
Just leave out midi-chlorians, you'll go farther "The force is an energy field created by all living things" is a much better description.
Parjai par aliit Bes'uliik!
Join Clan Bes'uliik on Begeren Colony!

xDarthAgonyX
12.14.2011 , 10:20 PM | #29
if you really want to get down into it midichlorian style Anakin still ranks out as top of the list for most midichlorians which would make him the most powerful if he reached his full potential. Also the reason Palpatine is so powerful is he has some sort of crystal that multiplies his power x2 so he really isnt that powerful
░▒▓▓▌╞Crimson Legion╡▐▓▓▒░

kryptozs
12.14.2011 , 10:23 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Blauu View Post
Just leave out midi-chlorians, you'll go farther "The force is an energy field created by all living things" is a much better description.
Ok, I'll agree with that. So, would you agree in saying his energy field was seriously restricted due to his mechanical requirements?