Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"I can feel your anger. It gives you focus."

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
"I can feel your anger. It gives you focus."

YanksfanJP
01.24.2012 , 07:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by bliapis View Post
Unarguably Palpatine was manipulating Anakin. A raged individual will be stronger for sure in physical aspects but much weaker in psychic.
Oh of course he was, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was lying, either.

Also, let's not forget that Anakin was super pissed the first few minutes of that fight and he really took it to Obi-Wan with about 5 minutes of pure offense. Obi-Wan was basically playing defense and backtracking for the entire fight. He won because he was able to withstand Anakin's onslaught long enough to sense when he could get him to make a mistake, as described above because of his ego.

LadyKohastFel
01.24.2012 , 07:33 PM | #22
Anger serves a purpose, once you work through your anger and into the serenity that follows you can accomplish great things.

But charging at something when rage still clouds your judgement is inviting failure.

TKMaster
01.24.2012 , 07:35 PM | #23
I played OLB in Division IAA college football. If you have rage, pure rage that you can call on repeatedly, then yes it does.

If not w/e you were using to fuel your anger will deplete and once you've used it you'll feel more at peace, at wich time it will fail you when you try and call upon it again.

Gantoris_Aym
01.24.2012 , 09:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKohastFel View Post
Anger serves a purpose, once you work through your anger and into the serenity that follows you can accomplish great things.

But charging at something when rage still clouds your judgement is inviting failure.
is this based on real life experience or 2nd hand experience or what star wars tells you?

all 3 are question begging

bliapis
01.24.2012 , 11:55 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Gantoris_Aym View Post
is this based on real life experience or 2nd hand experience or what star wars tells you?

all 3 are question begging
In real life anger and passion will drive forward a common man to complete uncommon feats.

The man who surpasses his anger, and reach serenity will see his path clearly all the way to the end.

Then he can choose the proper action.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

CynonDeCaerleon
01.25.2012 , 12:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsukae View Post
'Channeling' my anger helped in football for me, but I was on defensive line so it was mostly a help in hitting the **** out of someone to get to the ball.
Pretty much this, only I was on the wrestling team. However, that focus was always short-lived. The anger might have made me stronger in the short-term, but I wasn't paying attention to my fatigue, and eventually my anger would do me in.
The De'caerleon Legacy (The Harbinger)
Moxx'y -- Arsenal Mercenary
Cynon -- Combat Medic
Eromund -- Imperial Operative

Sai-to
01.25.2012 , 12:34 AM | #27
No.

In reality, Anger does the exact opposite. It clouds your judgment and makes you make rash and dangerous decisions. There's a reason that in Martial arts we are taught to try to make our opponent angry if you can... since that will create an opening you can exploit.

The idea of "anger giving Focus" applies to the Dark Side... which doesn't exist in reality. In SW, Anger feeds the Dark side and allows you to focus it's power more.

GodofThisWorld
01.25.2012 , 12:36 AM | #28
....makes you strongah......"
I am the lightning. I am the frenzy.
Post Equation: 75% Sarcasm + 25% Quotes +

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

bliapis
01.25.2012 , 01:00 AM | #29
Well animals revert to ferocity - i wont call it "human anger" but anger it is.

Man reverts to its cunning and superior intelligence. Hence Man is the dominable specie over the rest of the creation.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

GhostRiderLSOV
01.25.2012 , 03:05 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Gantoris_Aym View Post
For me it's "real". If I get really angry and rage, I won't be able to do much, if right afterwards I just swallow it and concentrate, I usually do quite well (in FPSs mostly ).

But I prefer to just have a good team, so I don't rage.
"Every little thing that helps."
Hile'Iteu Lightgrasp - Jedi Guardian
On the Frostclaw server