Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Explanations for "Stormtrooper Aim" [Either serious or not]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Explanations for "Stormtrooper Aim" [Either serious or not]

misterval
01.23.2012 , 09:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
didn't we have this discusion before?

1. that only applies AFTER they escaped into the garbage shoot.

2. That's pushing it as you assume they would find luke and rescue him. Of course they are missing at Leia and Chewbaca while Luke is fighting Vader

On Endor Leia, R2 and the rest are standing in front of a wall with 0 cover. The Stormtroopers have good cover and are directly in front of them and can't hit them.

Also at the Beginning of ANH C3PO and R2D2 slowly walk across the hallway whiile 4 or 5 stormtroopers MISS.

yeah stormtroopers can't hit anything.
I think that they missed C3PO and R2D2 purposely because they are a protocol droid and an Astromech droid. No threat at all.. Sure shooting C3PO would of done us all a favor but yeah..they must of been aiming for the guys shooting down the halls haha. How they both made it across still puzzles me..dodging lasers like that from both ends of the corridor..

jarjarloves
01.23.2012 , 10:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by misterval View Post
I think that they missed C3PO and R2D2 purposely because they are a protocol droid and an Astromech droid. No threat at all.. Sure shooting C3PO would of done us all a favor but yeah..they must of been aiming for the guys shooting down the halls haha. How they both made it across still puzzles me..dodging lasers like that from both ends of the corridor..
no threat but they are obsticles. I can see the rebels missing on purpose but the Storm Troopers are there to kill. So quick take out the obsticles and keep fighting otherwise you are giving the enemy cover and a chance to kill you

Gees
01.25.2012 , 07:57 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
"By the time the Galactic Civil War began in earnest, Jango Fett's clones were heavily supplanted by clones based on a variety of templates around 9 BBY, followed shortly after by enlisted Humans. Thus, the Fett clones were ironically reduced to a minority status after years of virtually filling the stormtrooper ranks in its entirety. "

and no the Empire did have very strict criteria in order to become a stormtrooper you had to be a certain height and weight, this is why they are all the same height and such. The movies don't really do stormtroopers justice except for the 1st scene aboard the Tantive IV, you really need to read the lore behind them and see they are really elite.

Well said. It's quite funny a lot of Star Wars fan's still think Stormtroopers are all clones, when their not. Wookiepedia does a brilliant job of explaining Stormtroopers history.
Gees Praji
Imperial Stormtrooper
|Starsider 2004-2011|

GoodEnoughForMe
01.25.2012 , 09:45 AM | #24
They can't see through the helmets. In ANH, when Luke and Han get onto the elevator with Chewbacca in cuffs, the same comment is made, and there's some awkward gesturing, too.

Can't shoot what you can't see!
"When reality overcomes the dream, all sanity is lost in it's depth." -- Anonymous

grucho
01.25.2012 , 09:59 AM | #25
Stormtroopers are failed Clones, they are not original clones of Jango Fett (only legion 501 is original clones and they pwn). Also there are many regular humans in the stormtrooper corps.

Clonetroopers =/= Stormtroopers

TheTurniipKing
01.25.2012 , 10:13 AM | #26
I've always blamed the rifles. Shoddy, lowest-cost-bidder mass-produced crap. Same with the Stormtrooper armour.

The Republic was equipping them properly, but Imperial embezzlement, cost cutbacks and extremly greedy imperial agents began usurping all the budget and the rank and file ended up with useless gear.

Greywatch
01.25.2012 , 10:38 AM | #27
I like to think that it's mostly down to the force. The Jedi are somehow subconciously either affecting their aim, or 'steering' the bullets away. Not with 100% efficiency because they still have to deflect the odd blaster shot.

Plus, a bit of luck.

:I That seems to make the most sense to me.

wrong_turn
01.25.2012 , 11:20 AM | #28
Its really hard to shoot at someone while being shot at yourself. They have done studies on real soldiers and found that most don't really want to kill anyone and intentionally fire in the direct of an enemy and not at them hoping someone else will succeed.

I don't think the stormtroopers are any more inaccurate than anyone else firing a weapon while being shot at themselves. The difference is in the stormtroopers case that you see all of the shots the fire so all of their misses are obvious.
ịị◚◚◚◚ịịịị7▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. -Master Yoda CE