Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative/Scoundrel from a Guardian's Perspective

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative/Scoundrel from a Guardian's Perspective

MatchpointServe
01.22.2012 , 02:36 PM | #11
I agree 100% with OP. This nerf will be the end of Op/Scoundrel and the beginning of an era of overpowered BH/Troopers and Sage/Sorcerers. That, in addition to the huge failures in Ilum and complete lack of world PvP, will ruin the game completely.

Perhaps my unsub from this game will be the end of my MMO play altogether, as nothing on the horizon looks very good.
Danneskj÷ld - Level 50 Scoundrel, Wound in the Force
Wynand - Level 50 Vanguard, Ajunta Pall
<Art of War>
Please send all Wynand fan mail here.

whitejackale
01.22.2012 , 02:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Unfactioned View Post
Those who encounter full BM scoundrel/operatives aren't alive to tell us their tale. =(
I encountered full Battlemaster operatives when i was level 30 or so and lived to tell the tale.

Break cc, cc them, kite, win. Pretty easy.

tomroark
01.22.2012 , 02:58 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by psysention View Post
you are not even level 50

so how do you know anything about current scoundrel burst?

have you ever encountered full battlemaster geared scoundrel?
I'm being transparent, and I don't need to be 50 to have an understanding of the situation. I've played plenty of Warzones, plenty before the 50's bracket was implemented. I've fought against many Operatives/Scoundrels in a wide array of gear. If they get the jump, yes, I most likely die. That's their class. Once the burst damage is done though, there's not much left. AOE's interrupt their vanish, and if I'm actually playing with my team, Operatives/Scoundrels don't last that long.

Unfortunately, the only way to get accurate readings is to have a large pool of equal players with similar gear, i.e. everyone has Battlemaster gear. That's when we can make truly accurate judgments on where classes stand against others.
To say "I love you" one must know first how to say the "I." It is fitting then that the Jedi do not allow romantic relationships, their code inevitably destroys any concept one might have of their unique, individual identity. The Jedi Code seeks to destroy "I." How, then, can a Jedi say "I love you"?

Torn
01.22.2012 , 03:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TGreasy View Post
Show me one video of an Operative killing a lvl 50 Tank in pvp gear 1v1 in under 30 seconds and I will be very impressed. The people calling for the nerfs were lvl 15s getting 3 shotted by OPs in pvp gear. I still do not believe these nerfs will go into place, if they do I guess I can go back to playing dota or try a new spec cause Concealment will be useless
Yep - There are still people, even some posting in this thread, that continue to perpetuate the lies about them - and because new 50s get killed by BM geared people they will continue to say "see see they are OP"

I dont understand how anyone even non-ops can justify this nerf - everyone should want balance to be based on lvl 50 with gear - everyone should want bioware to base their changes on data from at least a months time - No one should change a class this drastically a month after release - there is no way this is NOT based on people complaining because it would have been changed in alpha or beta testing

Who changes a class this much a month after release? O ya the MMO newbs

And you know its fine laugh and say the nerfs are fine - if they nerf this class to the ground your class is soon to follow - especially if they are going to start this balancing around community perception and not data - if this nerf goes through it is a window into the future - this game failing hard
" I see your is as big as mine "

Lagmonster
01.22.2012 , 03:18 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Torn View Post
Yep - There are still people, even some posting in this thread, that continue to perpetuate the lies about them - and because new 50s get killed by BM geared people they will continue to say "see see they are OP"

I dont understand how anyone even non-ops can justify this nerf - everyone should want balance to be based on lvl 50 with gear - everyone should want bioware to base their changes on data from at least a months time - No one should change a class this drastically a month after release - there is no way this is NOT based on people complaining because it would have been changed in alpha or beta testing

And you know its fine laugh and say the nerfs are fine - if they nerf this class to the ground your class is soon to follow - especially if they are going to start this balancing around community perception and not data - if this nerf goes through it is a window into the future - this game failing hard
Add to that the huge mistake of blanket nerfing for pvp with no regard to how it effects pve.

MatchpointServe
01.22.2012 , 04:02 PM | #16

I'm incredibly disappointed with BW.
Danneskj÷ld - Level 50 Scoundrel, Wound in the Force
Wynand - Level 50 Vanguard, Ajunta Pall
<Art of War>
Please send all Wynand fan mail here.

VertisReaper
01.22.2012 , 04:31 PM | #17
Helm of Garaugh server, I can 1v1 any class on my smuggler within 15 seconds. I dare someone to try to kill me with full cds. Come at me bros. Msg Niaoru.

liquideyes
01.22.2012 , 04:38 PM | #18
When this patch comes life u can delete this char as DD !!!

A Sith Sorcerer which can play always has a shield up , break the knockdownopener from me instantly !!knockbacks me and directly dots me and then my *** is ripped cause the dot snares me and my vansish is useless and then kite kite kite and operative = dead !!

Fafryd
01.22.2012 , 04:43 PM | #19
Nerf hard and fast to avoid everyone rolling an alt of that class and magnifying the problem (even though so many have). If the nerf is overdone, return some of it. The logic is sound, I think.

DarthChagras
01.22.2012 , 04:46 PM | #20

Don't get me wrong. But isn't that what WoW is, and it's highly successful. Community whines, Blizzard listens.
Bandon - Jugg Tank - Veela -
Ula - Sniper - Veela -
Dao - Merc - Veela -
Death's Fist - Veela