Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What is the best way to farm Social points ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is the best way to farm Social points ?

Shuno's Avatar


Shuno
01.21.2012 , 07:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
^^This.^^

Gotta love a "social point" system that requires you to be social with NPC's in cutscenes, not the people in your group. lol

That's why I consider it a total joke.
I should get social points by spamming in Imp fleet!

SWG Euro Farstar
----------

tcalusine's Avatar


tcalusine
01.21.2012 , 07:34 PM | #12
Social points are for people who LEVEL with other people in groups.

Social points are not for grouping to farm the same flashpoint over and over (though i guess it still works)
Social points are not for talking in general
Social points are not for talking in guilds
Social points are not for pvping other (socially?)
Social points are not for asking others how thier day was

If it makes you feel better call them Group leveling points. because thats what they are. I level with others, i am lv 37 and social 4

my solo character is almost social one. I dont expect him to get social points when I dont fullfill the requirements the game has set to issue them.

Zorvan's Avatar


Zorvan
01.21.2012 , 07:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by tcalusine View Post
Social points are for people who LEVEL with other people in groups.

Social points are for picking a response choice from NPC text, that's it.

I can group with people to do those quests and noone says a damn word to anyone else other than "Hi" and "Bye". Real social.

If social points were for "grouping" as you seem to think they are, then I'd get points for grouping.

If they gave 1 point every 15 minutes/4 points per hour just for being grouped, they'd truly be giving points for grouping. And it would still be far, FAR less points per hour than just zoning out farming BT or other instances over and over, so noone can say it would be "exploitable" or "over powered".
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Please use my referral so we both get cool stuff. Thanks.
http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn

justamemory's Avatar


justamemory
01.21.2012 , 07:45 PM | #14
my strategy was to turn off pc.

git outa bed.

go outside.

put clothes on.

go to public place.

take off clothes.

/getdown after popping my holodancer and flare gun IRL

tcalusine's Avatar


tcalusine
01.21.2012 , 07:46 PM | #15
im so tired of ths arguement...

Bioware should just change the name of this to group dialog points.

I DONT CARE HOW SOCIAL YOU THINK YOU ARE!

it has nothing to do with social points. its just a name. If you play the game as I do with others (friends) they just keep coming in. If you want to solo the game and only group for flashpoints... then you will have a hard time getting them.

I dont care how actually social you think you are in game. You either meet these requirements to get points or you want something for nothing.

Zorvan's Avatar


Zorvan
01.21.2012 , 07:50 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by tcalusine View Post
im so tired of ths arguement...

Bioware should just change the name of this.

I DONT CARE HOW SOCIAL YOU THINK YOU ARE!

it has nothing to do with social points. its just a name. If you play the game as I do with others (friends) they just keep coming in. If you want to solo the game and only group for flashpoints... then you will have a hard time getting them.

I dont care how actually social you think you are in game. You either meet these requirements to get points or you want something for nothing.
Something for nothing? Are you freaking serious? So grouping up to do whatever ( killing mobs, doing the quests objectives, traveling all over the place together ) is NOTHING, but grouping to pick a multiple choice answer to NPC text ad nauseum is SOMETHING?

If you're tired of the argument, stop arguing. Because your "argument" is ridiculous.
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Please use my referral so we both get cool stuff. Thanks.
http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn

tcalusine's Avatar


tcalusine
01.21.2012 , 07:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
Something for nothing? Are you freaking serious? So grouping up to do whatever is NOTHING, but grouping to pick a multiple choice answer to NPC text ad nauseum is SOMETHING?
If ever i heard crying its now. Its working as inteded. adjust or be gone. You are not doing what you are supposed to. They are not hard to get.

If they were advertised as points you get by simply accepting a group invite, thats one thing.
But they weren't so your are doing it wrong. Its just as simple as that.

This is a story based game. I play through it to experience the story with my friends and we al participate in dialogs and all quests. We earned them.

You did not.. something for nothing.


(also side note, who cares, they are worthless now anyways. Only light armor people benefit from social gear, otherwise you are gimping your armor rating)

Zorvan's Avatar


Zorvan
01.21.2012 , 08:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by tcalusine View Post
If ever i heard crying its now. Its working as inteded. adjust or be gone. You are not doing what you are supposed to. They are not hard to get.

If they were advertised as points you get by simply accepting a group invite, thats one thing.
But they weren't so your are doing it wrong. Its just as simple as that.

This is a story based game. I play through it to experience the story with my friends and we al participate in dialogs and all quests. We earned them.

You did not.. something for nothing.


(also side note, who cares, they are worthless now anyways. Only light armor people benefit from social gear, otherwise you are gimping your armor rating)
So you're another who thinks as long as it works for you, there's no need to change it and anyone who doesn't agree is "crying. God, EAware must love you guys.

And I play an Assassin, so "social armor" is not worthless to my character. Another example of your "I don't need it so it's worthless" attitude.
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Please use my referral so we both get cool stuff. Thanks.
http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn

tcalusine's Avatar


tcalusine
01.21.2012 , 08:33 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
So you're another who thinks as long as it works for you, there's no need to change it and anyone who doesn't agree is "crying. God, EAware must love you guys.

And I play an Assassin, so "social armor" is not worthless to my character. Another example of your "I don't need it so it's worthless" attitude.
I dont expect to get paid from my job unless i do my work.
I dont expect to get valor by not participating in pvp
dont expect to get social points if you dont do the work

simple as that. It has rules, follow them.

Melkathi's Avatar


Melkathi
01.21.2012 , 08:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by tcalusine View Post
(also side note, who cares,
Obviously you, otherwise you wouldn't have this whole argument about how you earned yours while other people do not deserve them




To the OP:

In a group of 4 people you should be getting 120-160 social points per Esseles/Black Talon run.

Personally I now take a break at fleet with all my characters when they get there and do the first flashpoint over and over till I am social 2 while I am still in the level range of that flashpoint.
This has two benefits:
i) on a personal level I get a good start on social points and a chance to get the orange gear for my class
ii) I remain in the "pool" of possible team mates for other low levels wishing to do the flashpoint, without being so strong that the experience becomes meaningless. (of course, I don't mind waiting for people who wish to watch the complete dialogues)