Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the best way to farm Social points ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is the best way to farm Social points ?

Angedechu
01.21.2012 , 04:07 PM | #1
For totally, totally gear based reasons (I want social level 2 to buy orange armor for Jaesra, it's totally accidental that the said gear is a bikini outfit !) , I need to farm social points.

So, is doing heroic quests with a group a working option, or I should just stick to FP ? (Or stop bothering, and buy a key )

Angedechu
01.21.2012 , 04:13 PM | #2
Meh, my core tactic is to come on lower plants and ask people for dungeons...

LogicalPremise
01.21.2012 , 04:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
For totally, totally gear based reasons (I want social level 2 to buy orange armor for Jaesra, it's totally accidental that the said gear is a bikini outfit !) , I need to farm social points.

So, is doing heroic quests with a group a working option, or I should just stick to FP ? (Or stop bothering, and buy a key )
Run Black Talon / Esseles repeatedly. Get an organized group, spacebar through it, and go to town.

Do *not* try this with a random PUG, as some people will never have seen it and it's not fair to demand they "hurry up". Make a group specifically designed for such runs and run the normal , not HM version.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

uruz
01.21.2012 , 04:15 PM | #4

Repeatable lower level Heroics/flashpoints as far as I know - as long as the Heroic has some form of dialogue to choose from [typically dark/light choices]. The more people you have the faster you can zerg them.
"Nothing like slaughtering jedi to make you feel alive..."

SysOpPsyche
01.21.2012 , 04:16 PM | #5
Best way is to run low level players thru instances or Black Talon/Esseles. Basically, anyone thats lower level (where you can probably solo the instance) and can't find a group because there aren't enough players at that level looking for groups (I see this like crazy and tend to run them thru just for the sake of it - already at Social 2 - however there are Social 5 - if it keeps up I'll be qualified for those in no time).

Zorvan
01.21.2012 , 04:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicalPremise View Post
Run Black Talon / Esseles repeatedly. Get an organized group, spacebar through it, and go to town.

Do *not* try this with a random PUG, as some people will never have seen it and it's not fair to demand they "hurry up". Make a group specifically designed for such runs and run the normal , not HM version.
^^This.^^

Gotta love a "social point" system that requires you to be social with NPC's in cutscenes, not the people in your group. lol

That's why I consider it a total joke.
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Do yourself a favor and just use the money to buy a pizza instead.

Angedechu
01.21.2012 , 07:05 PM | #7
How much dungeons run it will take me to get to level 2 ?

tcalusine
01.21.2012 , 07:11 PM | #8

3 totallys in one short statement hurts my brain.

Also your doing it wrong. I don't believe social points were really ever meant to be "grinded"

they are there for people who travel, level and participate in dialog in groups.

Gomla
01.21.2012 , 07:12 PM | #9
Kidnap 3 people and lock them in the basement with laptops while forcing them to grind FP's with you.....

westraz
01.21.2012 , 07:19 PM | #10
here one I seen some do, find a friend and run EVERY quest together! even your story quests open them up in the options, in a few days you be lv 5 SP
I have bad spelling do to my being learning disabled , the is just so I do not get asked "why are you spelling so bad?" and I don't wont to have to get asked 100 times, and is in NO way meant to hurt any one feelings after all.. IT is about me!