Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stagering vs all in at once

snakelane
12.14.2011 , 03:54 PM | #1
OK so most argument for or against staggering centre around a single point .

If you let everyone in at the same time the lag and ques plus server crashes would be hell

But what about when the shut the servers at the end of EGA and re-open them for the official launch ? yes you get everyone joining at the same time .

I think both arguments are correct,but i just believe that staggering will work in the sense most people will be settled on a server and there wont be rushes that over load the servers causing lag and crashes .

In a normal game launch everyone joins at the same time servers fill up fast and each starting area is full to the brim and the server crashes .

Staggering will eliminate that .

Let me just say i am not in game yet ,i don't like or agree with only 4 waves a day but i do agree that this launch is smooth as in no lag crashes or ques (By the word ques i mean in game waiting time not waiting to get invited ).

Mountjoy
12.14.2011 , 03:55 PM | #2
When they re-open for everyone, there will be queues, but at least a lot of the population will be spread out amongst the other planets and not all fighting over the same spawn on instance#1432 of Korriban.