Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best And Worst Class Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best And Worst Class Story?

DarthMoord
01.23.2012 , 12:13 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Idunhavaname View Post
Yeah which is why I said it's cliched just like Sith dark. It does put you in the top 10 list of most powerful jedi though unlike any other class.
Say what? Sith Warrior pretty much does the same.
See the sniper on the hill.
Rifle's loaded, he's ready to kill.
Kill the enemy, steal his soul.
So early. So early. So early in the morning.

FooBard
01.23.2012 , 12:14 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkimor View Post
Consular is one of the worst, without ANY question of shadow of doubt.
Act 1 wasn't all that bad... I mean, it wasn't great... but Act 2????????

Act 2 isn't a "story" in any way shape or form... I just finished Hoth last night and I STILL have no idea what is going on within the Act 2 story line for the Conular?? Lame as hell.

Plus, the female actress they got for the Consular is probably the worst of all 16.... Her responses sound so canned it isn't even funny.

CapitaFK
01.23.2012 , 12:23 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by FooBard View Post
Plus, the female actress they got for the Consular is probably the worst of all 16.... Her responses sound so canned it isn't even funny.
I think Male BH voice acting is pretty bad. You get used to it, but it's pretty jarring the first few levels. Whoever did his voice seemed to be copying Christian Bale's Batman.

Luckily it wasn't enough to detract from BH's awesome companions.

FerrusPA
01.23.2012 , 12:33 PM | #44
It just occurred to me that none of the class stories (Except Trooper maybe, I don't know) are "war" stories. You get these awesome intros for Imps/Reps yet the individual stories mostly revolve around fixing stuff inside your own faction. It's a little sad, really.
December Pre-Order Best Pre-Order
Proud Guildmaster of Two Swords One Box. Apply now!

Thread = Faden Threat = Drohung

Bluejayoo
01.23.2012 , 12:39 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Orduno View Post
Jedi Knight - Really excellent at making the Jedi Order overall look wildly incompetent. I had hoped it got better over time but nope. The times your character actually feels like a galaxy-class hero and not a confused, bumbling day-one hire are pretty rare.
QFT... Bastila Shan's appearances in the Empire story lines make her appear confident and a force to be reckoned with.

Every time she opens her mouth in the Republic story lines you have to wonder how you got stuck with the 'B' team Jedis and where the order's real leadership is.

And yet, they constantly tell you how gifted you are, and how strong the force is with you. Coming from those characters it doesn't seem like the bar was set that high to begin with.
. - We will never forget.

Sarnax
01.23.2012 , 12:43 PM | #46
Played a consular to 42 and the story was just meh. It had its moments but overall it was lackluster.

I'm playing a 32 BH and the story is actually very good. You feel like a bad *** roaming the galaxy kicking *** and taking credits.

I've heard the IO is good, but who knows. And I also heard the JK is pretty good, plus they get a bad *** companion...scourge...

Avinin
01.23.2012 , 12:44 PM | #47
IA was easily the best for me.

Cameirus
01.23.2012 , 12:46 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Explosive_Lasers View Post
I hear the Agent is pretty good.

gosh darned Imperials though.

Edit: Oh, haha. The censor has a sense of humor.
IA ia awful. Its just so black and white, no nuance at all. why would my agent kill people he can keep alive as an asset? its a pretty shallow boring and predictable story.

mangarrage
01.23.2012 , 12:46 PM | #49
Best by far so far was the SI sorc
The worst was BH post great hunt

3 50s and almost 4

Acento
01.23.2012 , 01:07 PM | #50
I can honestly say that I enjoyed Act 1 of the BH story immensely...the Great Hunt premise was pretty fun to play through, and exactly what I hoped for in a story about an intergalactic Bounty Hunter (I'm a sucker for tournament-type storylines though ). However, I really don't understand Acts 2 & 3. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but there were a couple major plot points that just didn't make sense how they played out. I haven't finished Act 3 yet, though (on Voss currently), so I'm hoping it wraps up better.

The two Sith classes I've only played through Act 1, but I've enjoyed them both so far, especially the Inquisitor's.