Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is act 2 of the inquisitor storyline a bad joke?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is act 2 of the inquisitor storyline a bad joke?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jorander
01.21.2012 , 02:44 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Giondi View Post
Acts 2 and 3 for the Inquisitor are great if you think about them correctly. Assuming you go Dark Side (that's all I've done with it, I don't know how things play out if you make LS decisions, so I can't comment on that), it plays out like the best super villain origin story ever. By the time I hit Belasvus, I was thinking "If I walk into that room and have to fight Deadpool, this is the best thing that has been made in the history of both comic books and video games." I understand you have to have the right sensibility, but...

Spoiler

How is that not worth the entire price of the game?
I can't understand how you like act 3.

Spoiler
"If your surrender leads to slaughter, that is not because the Force has darkness in it. It is because you do."
"That place… is strong with the dark side of the Force. "What's in there?" "Only what you take with you."

Utra
01.21.2012 , 03:46 AM | #22
Im currently playing a sith warrior and im on one of the last missions in act 2, the over all story is actually very good, but the pace it is shown is very slow, after getting a single sentence towards the story i have to then spend over a day leveling to continue every single time, the missions jumped from level 36 to level 40 in 10mins game time, that alone makes it difficult to get into the story, consent interruptions, i understand this is an mmo and ive experienced many, normal eatch story missions give you hints almost making the plot a guessing game untill the finial mission, so far everything in the story has been fairly predictable, allowing me to guess most of the plot when im levels below, act 1 was insanely predictable the only thing i dident guess was the small details.

I know bioware are capable of doing better, ive seen it in most of there previous games, then again there always future content you never know with less rush to release it may be a great improvement.
PROUD DECEMBERIST!
MMORPGs Played: Star Wars: The Old Republic (BETA), Star Trek: Online (BETA) , Stargate: Worlds (BETA), Star Wars Galaxies, Eve Online, and many more.

AnubisXy
01.21.2012 , 12:57 PM | #23
Okay. Can someone explain the reason why the last boss of the Inqusitor storyline is fighting you? Because I just can't understand it - and this is a problem with the SI storyline, since Act 2 and Act 3 are all about defeating this individual.

Spoiler

As to the Kaggath:

Spoiler
"He doesn't use the Force. He just uses... force."

acheros
01.21.2012 , 07:33 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AnubisXy View Post
Okay. Can someone explain the reason why the last boss of the Inqusitor storyline is fighting you? Because I just can't understand it - and this is a problem with the SI storyline, since Act 2 and Act 3 are all about defeating this individual.

Spoiler

As to the Kaggath:

Spoiler
To be fair, it could be that..

Spoiler

Jorander
01.21.2012 , 07:38 PM | #25
Okay. Can someone explain the reason why the last boss of the Inqusitor storyline is fighting you?
Because between all of Bioware's top-notch writing staff (and the exceptions that aren't so good) they literally could not think of anything better. Seriously, that is it. It just isn't viable at all. If Thanaton wasn't completely off his rocker, he would have just tried to assassinate you. For now, I am going with the idea that Thanaton was kept around because the Dark Council sees him as a running joke due to his activities back when he was still known as Teneb Kel.
"If your surrender leads to slaughter, that is not because the Force has darkness in it. It is because you do."
"That place… is strong with the dark side of the Force. "What's in there?" "Only what you take with you."

Darth_Vicente
01.21.2012 , 08:21 PM | #26
He's trying to kill you because Zash was "Corrupt", and by extension, her teaching would be corrupt, and everyone she led would be corrupt. How she was corrupt is more difficult to discern.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Näeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

Weezyfb
01.22.2012 , 12:27 AM | #27
Act 2 for the sith warrior was great

LX_Theo
01.22.2012 , 01:23 AM | #28
Act 2 for the Knight and Agent (two calsses I've played), have been very good in premise and at least good in execution. The Agent's execution was great, and the premise was also great.

lokdron
01.22.2012 , 02:06 AM | #29
Only if Chris Avellone wrote the SI story he wrote kotor 2 and if you have the restoration patch the dark side exile can be a magnificent bastard in kotor 2 I persuaded a man to commit suicide because that was in his "best interest" if he cared about the others around him" I also manipulated my companions to fall to the dark side convinced a poor scavenger to run to his death to get a lightsaber part for free. Kriea really liked these decisions she tries to be grey but deep down she is still a sith lord at heart. Lets not forget manipulate a certain companion and then killing them off to weaken a certain sith lord hell she even praised you that you wear deception like a cloak just like your master.

Oh and I let the jedi masters live and by the end of the game I had dark side mastery proved how wrong the jedi are and my female exile is sitting in the middle of malachor rallying the sith I did not slaughter along with atton as my apprentice. (the rest of my companions are dead because kriea gave me the option to kill them because they where becoming a hinderance/chain and plus they are weak for allowing themselves to be captured. While atton defeated darth sion and escaped. Plus killing my companions made me stronger in the dark side storywise)

I am just wondering why they gave the SI story to someone no one has heard about and lets not forget writing a story where the character is meant to be manipulative master mind is hard. Giving a story like that to someone who is like a intern writer is NOT a good idea imo. I don't know what bioware was thinking shame that chris works for another company I honestly think he would write a great SI story.

Karkais
01.22.2012 , 07:58 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by acheros View Post
To be fair, it could be that..

Spoiler
Sure but

Spoiler

Nope doesn't make any more sense than before.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vicente View Post
He's trying to kill you because Zash was "Corrupt", and by extension, her teaching would be corrupt, and everyone she led would be corrupt. How she was corrupt is more difficult to discern.
What exactly was corrupt in Zash's work? Hell, in SW story Baras described how the one-time emperor sucked his advisors dry to get stronger, and that was ok, what Zash did was not? (Even if we eventually find some valid reason for Thanaton to wage war on player character, it doesnt change the fact that Thanaton never adequtely explained why he was doing it.)

ps. I have loved every class dialog in my SW story so far, but Im only lvl 15 though - at this point SI story was ok too.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III