Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

60 Sec Crowd Control Abilities?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
60 Sec Crowd Control Abilities?

Leiloni's Avatar


Leiloni
01.20.2012 , 10:47 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Big_Bad_B View Post
Scoundrels and Operatives also get a 'only usable from stealth and against targets not in combat that aren't Droids'.

Whirlwind/Force Lift is a base class ability, so Sorcs, Sins, Cons and Shadows all get it.
Sins and Shadows can only CC for 8 seconds. Sorcs/Sages are the only ones who get it upgraded to the 60 second version.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270

iRouven's Avatar


iRouven
01.20.2012 , 10:51 AM | #12
This page has a nice overview for abilities (and looking at them without the ranks).

http://knotor.com/

Just pick your AC.

Not many comments there but nice and fast.

DarkSeverance's Avatar


DarkSeverance
01.20.2012 , 11:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
Scoundrel's also get a Tranquilizer dart that can be used on anything but only usable from stealth.

It's worth mentioning though that of all the 60second CCs, only the Sage/Sorc and Commando/BH are able to keep any mob out of combat indefinitely. They last for 60seconds on a 60second cooldown and have no restrictions on what mob it can be applied to, no stealth, out of combat, or other such restrictions.
Added that and levels which is useful to know when classes get what for grouping purposes. Scoundrel/IA can also indefinitely CC but only on droids. Thank you for the information.

DarkSeverance's Avatar


DarkSeverance
01.20.2012 , 11:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by iRouven View Post
This page has a nice overview for abilities (and looking at them without the ranks).
Yeah I've been using torhead. I just haven't been able to find them all. I wanted a list of 60 second CC, limitations and when classes get them to help friends grouping know who/when someone can CC.

Updated main post. Thank you everyone. Let me know if I've missed anything else.

ryancwn's Avatar


ryancwn
01.20.2012 , 11:06 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSeverance View Post
Added that and levels which is useful to know when classes get what for grouping purposes. Scoundrel/IA can also indefinitely CC but only on droids. Thank you for the information.
Marauder can also keep droid CC indefinitely.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/gbHQiBL/disable-droid

DarkSeverance's Avatar


DarkSeverance
01.20.2012 , 11:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
Sins and Shadows can only CC for 8 seconds. Sorcs/Sages are the only ones who get it upgraded to the 60 second version.
Yeah it is important to know most classes have a 4-8 second stun. I don't really consider them CC because they aren't a longer term that you can rely on heavily. Although with enough class mixture in a group, you could keep something perma-stunned... it just isn't the most efficient means of crowd control.

DarkSeverance's Avatar


DarkSeverance
01.20.2012 , 11:19 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ryancwn View Post
Marauder can also keep droid CC indefinitely.
I was looking for it, but still didn't find it. They don't get it until much later at 28 it seems. Added it to list. Thank you.

Leiloni's Avatar


Leiloni
01.20.2012 , 11:22 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSeverance View Post
Yeah it is important to know most classes have a 4-8 second stun. I don't really consider them CC because they aren't a longer term that you can rely on heavily. Although with enough class mixture in a group, you could keep something perma-stunned... it just isn't the most efficient means of crowd control.
Well Sins/Shadows get Force Lift just like Sorcs/Sages do in addition to that stun that every class gets. It's a base Consular ability. The only difference is Sorcs/Sages get an upgraded version of Force Lift that increases it's time from 8 seconds to 60 seconds, similar to how Sorcs/Sages get their ranged abilities increased from 10m to 30m - Sins/Shadows have a few of those ranged skills as well, but they have to stay in 10m range.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270

ryancwn's Avatar


ryancwn
01.20.2012 , 11:24 AM | #19
Havn't test it after patch but sleep dart and mind trap does not break stealth after use and they will not aggro linked mobs if you are not detected. So a group of assassin and opeartive can bypass content easily by putting mobs to sleep or mind trapped them and stealth pass the CCed mobs.

DarkSeverance's Avatar


DarkSeverance
01.20.2012 , 11:26 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ryancwn View Post
Havn't test it after patch but sleep dart and mind trap does not break stealth after use and they will not aggro linked mobs if you are not detected. So a group of assassin and opeartive can bypass content easily by putting mobs to sleep or mind trapped them and stealth pass the CCed mobs.
It does not break stealth. However once the stun wears off, the mobs will seek you out until you've gotten out of range that they reset. Although this can work (I've used Mind Maze to do this) just remember the last set of mobs if still in close range can still aggro. Also if they do aggro, they usually train a lot more with them.