Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quesh, im too low, 3rd time...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Quesh, im too low, 3rd time...

tormentuk
01.20.2012 , 06:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
You clearly aren't completing your planet story quests cos at that stage I had problems because I outleveled entire planets before I even got to them, and that was doing minimal PvP/space.
Your play style, is not mine. I just follow the flow of the game! This is the only planet hop, i have issues with! 3rd time, every thing is just missing or evading my attacks.

stjobe
01.20.2012 , 06:21 AM | #12
If you do everything on a planet - class quest line, side quests, bonus quest lines, heroics, flashpoints, the works - you're usually 2-4 levels over the initial quests on the next planet.

Throw in some PvP and space missions and you can be on-level for the second next planet before leaving the one you're on.

So I think simply you've been skipping too much content.

Kingcurt
01.20.2012 , 06:23 AM | #13
Only go to the planets in your level range. If the main quest takes you to a planet you are not high enough for yet go somewhere else, PVP, Space Missions, or Daily Heroics.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
http://das-doom.swtornow.com/home

Redroth
01.20.2012 , 06:24 AM | #14
The only way this can be happening is if your skipping all content that requires more than 1 player after all this is an MMO its ment to be played with more than 1 player. If your skiping Heroics (a very big chunk of EXP), FP etc. you will be massivly underleveled. One of our guild members was 5 lvles under his next planet as he mainly played during the very late night due to work. this was on leaving hoth for the next planet and he had skipped all the MP content.

Myself personally I have always been massivly overleveled due to the fact I PVP,WZ,FP. I Hit 50 at the start of the VOSS storyline. There Is no issue with SWTOR not having enough chances to gain EXP, just your not using them. If your gonna avoid the MP content why not just play a SP game?

Maeleena
01.20.2012 , 06:26 AM | #15
You're doing something wrong (or trolling) because I skipped the entire planet of Nar Shadda (did class quest only obviously) and I still am a level or two above everything I am fighting. I did quite a bit of PVP and space missions pre-30, but since then I have only done quests and still say that high. I also don't do any heroic quests.

Alcarinn
01.20.2012 , 06:27 AM | #16
Learn to play simple.... obviously you shouldnt go to planet if youre under lvled sigh... new mmo generation of *******es

Necroclysm
01.20.2012 , 06:28 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by tormentuk View Post
This is the 3rd character i have ended up on Quesh, 4-5 lvls lower than the things i am fighting..... The last planet i was only 1 lvl lower than the mobs..

*** have i missed? i followed my story picking up all the little sides quests...
If you were one level below the highest mob on the previous planet, you cannot be 4-5 levels lower than anything on Quesh.
Quesh is a 1 level range planet(level range 36-37). It has around 10 quests total, including your class quest...

So even if you went and found the highest level mob on the planet, you should be AT MOST 3 levels under it, assuming you left the previous planet 1 level under the highest mob/recommended level for class quest. That would be Balmorra or Taris, depending on your faction.

It sounds more like you are skipping some things...
Such as going through all your class quests at the beginning of the previous planet, starting one level under, ignoring all the side quests on that planet. This would DEFINITELY result in the situation you describe, since the previous planet should have a 3-4 level range. You are expected to gain around that many levels before leaving.

Easiest way to check on things... is the galaxy map. When you select a planet(before clicking to travel to it), you can see the expected level range on the details. There are no gaps.

So, only real sequence of events that can result in the scenario you describe is:
Went to Balmorra/Taris at Class Quest level -1. Powered through class quests to get off the planet as fast as possible.
Went to Quesh for class quests and noticed everything was MUCH higher level.

Taris/Balmorra are level range 32-36.
Quesh is level range 36-37.

well
01.20.2012 , 06:28 AM | #18
I do strictly quest,bonus quest and no problems.I am hitting Hoth at 40 from the republic side.Also if I not mistaken Alderaan start a bonus series at level 40 for future reference.
Also you might check this out.

http://www.torhead.com/missions/planet/eq/3/and

Riddickcz
01.20.2012 , 06:29 AM | #19
As many said, there is quite a big jump to Quesh, but yea.
You need to do heroic zones, flashpoints, pvps in addition to all class and side quests and bonus series on planets. IF you do this, you will be fine. If not, You will find Yourself not being able to do a single quest out there.

I personally like this, cause it easily forces ppl to do other stuff but only questing.
The crazy is strong with this one.
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/f744bd09b5be85fa.png

Ramaos
01.20.2012 , 06:30 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by tormentuk View Post
This is the 3rd character i have ended up on Quesh, 4-5 lvls lower than the things i am fighting..... The last planet i was only 1 lvl lower than the mobs..

*** have i missed? i followed my story picking up all the little sides quests...
What Class are you? are you a stealthing class and do you skip packs onyour way to quest objectives?

I cannot understand this issue, I did no PvP or Space Missions as I levelled. I did every heroic quest I could but not all probably 3/4 of the heroic quests in the game for my faction. I did most of the flash points once while leveling. I did do 70% of the quests on each planet, some I did the bonus in its entirity some I skipped the bonus all together.

I was always 2 to 3 levels above the level of the plant I was on. I cannot relate to your problem.
Havoc Squad, we're the best of the best.