Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel/Operative least played? Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Scoundrel/Operative least played? Why?

Sun-Runner
01.20.2012 , 05:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by il-jumper View Post
I'm sorry but Sniper/Gunslinger is least played
Varies by server, faction and level.
Stop nerfing my PVE because of your PVP!

hadoken
01.20.2012 , 06:09 AM | #22
I have to agree it's likely gunslinger/sniper because they don't have lightsabers and don't have two roles.

BobaTed
01.20.2012 , 06:54 AM | #23
I won't lie, I stopped playing my Operative once the whole "healing class" thing sunk in. Yes, it's possible to play through without healing, especially solo, but I enjoy teaming as well and I'd feel like a schmoe for not using it.

That, and I really, really don't like that the Op's primary(ish) weapon is a big honkin' blaster rifle strapped to his back. IMO, the Op should pack a single pistol, like the scoundrel - or like every gorram secret agent in every film or movie. More discrete, better in close quarters... seems like a no-brainer.

Trivial reasons, maybe, but IMO they make Ops feel like a collection of jumbled afterthoughts. I'm not getting much "superspy" vibe in gameplay - even though the storyline captures it pretty well.

TebsGenius
01.20.2012 , 08:05 AM | #24
On my server there are almost no operatives or scoundrals, it's changed a little lately because they're getting an "OP" rep so peopel are making alts.

I'd guess there is around a 3:1 ratio of snipers/gunslingers to ops/scoundrals at the moment on my server.

I really enjoyed my op so far at level 46, healing spec all the way. The only downsides I have are;

1) The armour pre-level 50 is nothing special, and can feel a little silly at times.
2) You don't get that... epic saga sort of feeling playing an imp agent. My 30 sorcerer is somewhat more fun in pve because i can run around being a super evil dude everyone fears and fire lightning at people stupid enough to stand up to me. But i find it boring as hell in pvp to be in an all sith inquisitor battle ground...

Kodiaxis
01.20.2012 , 09:08 AM | #25
I don't like scoundrel/operative b/c it will take so much more time to complete quests if you are having to stealth all the time. I don't mind playing healer for group utility but I'd like to have someone I could change the specs on and still enjoy the play style (sage/sorcerer).

While the game's story for these types sounds appealing, I would rather do it as a gunslinger/sniper....reason being that I find it hard to suspend disbelief enough to think that a scoundrel can sneak up and "cheap" attack all these force sensitive or armored combat classes on a regular basis. Scoundrel or operative should be avoiding most fights and finding creative/stealthy ways to accomplish their goals but game requires that you combat hundreds of enemy on a daily basis...as far as the story goes, it's easier to believe that the other character types find themselves in such constant combat.

Xizidor
01.20.2012 , 09:12 AM | #26
On my server Ops are not the least played:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...6&goto=newpost
Xizidor<GSF> Master Commando/TKA | Master Pistoleer/ BH Pistol 4
Flurry Server

Boosterdog
01.20.2012 , 09:40 AM | #27
Scoundrel is clearly my favorite class across any MMO I played. I tried to make and alt on the Imp side (sorceror) and about peeled my face off before leaving Korriban. So went to make an Agent thinking to go Sniper for some variety but was still enamoured by the healy roguey adv class, I couldn't resist

iloveplywood
01.20.2012 , 02:58 PM | #28
Probably because they are so overpowered that everyone knows they are going to be nerfed -- just look at the front page of this thread any day of the week. {sarcasm}.

I tried to play an operative, but in group PVE it just didn't click. The melee feels clunky and the animations just aren't that inspiring. I'm sure it's an effective class but it didn't feel fun -- obviously this is subjective but I have a hunch this is a big reason. Also if you play with friends you hardly ever get to kill anything as most things are dead by the time you get to them. Also, if one of your main attacks is called "Shiv" in a star wars game there is a strong possibility that it's not going to feel much like a star wars character. I think the idea behind the class was clever though, a melee healer with decent crowd control. If this was what the assassin was I'd bet that the assassin would be the most popular class in the game (as long as they didn't take away the light saber and give him a knife to shiv people with).

{I apologize to the 12 people on the Republic side for ignoring the Scoundrel}

ptwonline
01.20.2012 , 03:30 PM | #29
I think it's because people have trouble envisioning how they would play. Jedi/Sith/Trooper/BH...all pretty easy to figure out. Scoundrel? Huh? Agent?

Having played a Scoundrel for a bit the combat feels a little unfocused because you're doing a bit of this and a bit of that, so the perception of things not being clear seems to bear out in actual gameplay.

TheHiddey
01.20.2012 , 03:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post

In regards to this, I had seen many times sorcerers open the last door in black talon with force lightning, due to our group being mostly sorcerers. When it was finally the bounty hunters turn, he just punched the door open. That was cool too
Falcon Punch!

But I am puzzled by the apparent lack of love for Operatives too. i mean, with rogues being so popular in that other game, you figured they'd LOVE the Operative.