Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

POLL : Lifetime Subscription ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
POLL : Lifetime Subscription ?

01.19.2012 , 02:50 PM | #41
I pretty much had a lifetime WoW subscription. A buddy of mine worked at a major retailer and somehow obtained a few hundred game time cards. I had them all in a shoebox like baseball cards, all fresh scratch off in tact. At one point I was giving them away in game.

So, OP, go buy like $2,000 worth of game cards. You may not get extra benefits, but you'll know you'll likely have enough time to play till they bring the servers down.

01.19.2012 , 02:53 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kozzmozz View Post
I hope Bioware ever will have the intention of making a lifetime subscription model! especially with some nice extra's ingame and / or promotion.
I will sub until that moment comes per month. I want to order it whenever it comes availible!

Will you consider lifetime subscription ? And on what will it depend if you have doubts?

so for me : +1 for lifetime!!
And I will CANCEL the day it offers a LT subscription as that a forwarning of game going F2P
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

01.21.2012 , 12:13 PM | #43
I would buy a lifetime sub. I paid for the lifetime sub in LOTRO and never regretted it.

01.21.2012 , 12:16 PM | #44
Please no.

If they offer a lifetime sub, that is when I will unsub.

That is when it becomes f2p and downhill slide to pay-per-content like LOTRO. No thanks.

08.06.2012 , 10:30 PM | #45
Yes… just YES I completely support this. I mean now they have a f2p option anyway!!! And for all those who think its a horrible idea listen to this -- Lifetime sub = very expensive if it comes out Monthly subs = price goes down a little but still a noticeable amount.
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner

08.06.2012 , 10:50 PM | #46
Would I buy a lifetime subscription? Sure!
Do I think it would be a good idea? No, it just would encourage BioWare to got pay to win to sell more stuff every month.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

08.06.2012 , 11:11 PM | #47
Lol @ Necro. That's bad you know? But this thread is full of hilarious post, like this.

Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
Not at all, though it's not always the best idea.
Personally, i'd say a yearly sub would be good. I'd switch from 6 months to yearly in a heartbeat

Ahh yes, all the doom and gloom, just because it doesn't play how you want it to. EA/BW may (may) take this game F2P but it will be MUCH more than 6 months from now. Nice try
Okay, so that was like Jan 19th he posted that. I guess by much more than 6 months from now, he meant 6 months and 12 days? Hilarious.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

11.17.2012 , 12:41 PM | #48
Yes I would do it in a heartbeat the day it comes out.
+1 for me
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner