Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

POLL : Lifetime Subscription ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
POLL : Lifetime Subscription ?

Kamiosoup
01.19.2012 , 12:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mudanie View Post
They do have a lifetime subscription. Click the 6 month plan, that is as long as this game will be Pay to Play.
lold

5char

jannickj
01.19.2012 , 12:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
Not at all, though it's not always the best idea.
Personally, i'd say a yearly sub would be good. I'd switch from 6 months to yearly in a heartbeat

Ahh yes, all the doom and gloom, just because it doesn't play how you want it to. EA/BW may (may) take this game F2P but it will be MUCH more than 6 months from now. Nice try
what this guy said..

Skylarke
01.19.2012 , 12:56 PM | #23
My Husband and I are Founding Lifetimers in LoTRO. I'd love to have that option available here, as well.

Sage, Scoundrel, Commando ~ Begeren Colony ~ Sorcerer, Mercenary, Operative

Kozzmozz
01.19.2012 , 12:56 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
If this game gets lifetime subs, cancel immediately. That means it's in danger and EA is trying to squeeze as much money out of it as possible in the most brief window possible.

$15 a month for 24 months = $360
vs.
$200 lifetime sub.

Which is better for EA's bottom line? Hint: it's not the lifetime sub option.

Lifetime subscription models are an excellent indicator of low confidence in the product's longterm profitability.
I dont agree for 100% .
altough there will be mmo's out there that have done it to get pre-money to keep all things running or even acquiring a budget for future plans (content, expansions, ...) , there are also other mmo's out there who are succesful and have it? LOTRO had Lifetime as i can recall very early from the start , and that was defo not because they were in trouble.

marshalleck
01.19.2012 , 12:58 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kozzmozz View Post
I dont agree for 100% .
altough there will be mmo's out there that have done it to get pre-money to keep all things running or even acquiring a budget for future plans (content, expansions, ...) , there are also other mmo's out there who are succesful and have it? LOTRO had Lifetime as i can recall very early from the start , and that was defo not because they were in trouble.
Name a game with lifetime subscriptions that's currently healthy. I personally can't think of a single one, that doesn't mean they aren't out there though.

On the other hand, I can think of several that took people's money and then either folded or went free-to-play.
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >

Cormey
01.19.2012 , 12:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mudanie View Post
They do have a lifetime subscription. Click the 6 month plan, that is as long as this game will be Pay to Play.
1 month, 3 months, 6 months, why can't you people make up your minds?

More to the OP, yeah i'd buy a lifetime sub but I doubt it'll ever happen.
Syff, Suder, Lieutenant Lonn, Captain Maureen.
Tassitan, Darth Vandicus, Agent Cormoran, Marin.
Blazerunner legacy, Lord Adraas server

The sees all

Kozzmozz
01.19.2012 , 01:00 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylarke View Post
My Husband and I are Founding Lifetimers in LoTRO. I'd love to have that option available here, as well.

The good old LOTRO days, miss those still! so lets hope BW does the same and get a lifetime sub up and running..... but NEVER EVER goes F2P like LOTRO did.

Kozzmozz
01.19.2012 , 01:04 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
Name a game with lifetime subscriptions that's currently healthy. I personally can't think of a single one, that doesn't mean they aren't out there though.

On the other hand, I can think of several that took people's money and then either folded or went free-to-play.
LOTRO has lifetime & now its F2P , but you can still pay 10 per month as subscription to become a "VIP" member (wich is just a regular mmo sub / month) and its still going after all these years.

inSayne
01.19.2012 , 01:04 PM | #29
I hope Bioware ever will have the intention of making a lifetime subscription model! especially with some nice extra's ingame and / or promotion.
I will sub until that moment comes per month. I want to order it whenever it comes availible!

Will you consider lifetime subscription ? And on what will it depend if you have doubts?

so for me : +1 for lifetime!!

As long BW and EA are not registered as a Asian, European, African or South American based company with no ties to the United Corporate States of Supressed Freedom, i aint pay more than i have to.

With all internet bills and acts cropping up, i dont think there will be an internet w/o all wesites saying "This website is deemed illegal an or containing material inapropriate for you" and the presidential seal slapped under with a huge green $ in middle..
We break for Nobody!
We break for Nobody!
We break for Nobody!
SWG Pre CU/NGE Player on Europe-Chimaera

XiliX
01.19.2012 , 01:06 PM | #30
especially with some nice extra's ingame and / or promotion.
yeah because the promo extras that we have were worth it.
I delete everything but the STAP. The rest of them aren't even worth the pixels they are made of. A holodancer that lasts 10 seconds? Really?
Gene pool needs more chlorine
Life is the leading cause of death
Do what thou will shalt be the whole of the Law
I walked through the Valley of Death & became the Shadow of Evil