Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has anyone who ordered through Origin gotten in yet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Has anyone who ordered through Origin gotten in yet?

Exileme
12.13.2011 , 08:20 AM | #1
So we've got some threads about Origin, and just wanted to ask if anyone who ordered a digital copy through them has gotten an invite yet. I've seen 2 things so far on the forms

1: EA Origin will send the "full game" codes on the 20th, but that kind of skips the whole "pre-order" thing, and why offer pre-order if you wont honor the pre part?

2: EA Origin will send pre-order codes on the 16th, but why can a third party vendor like Gamestop or Amazon send codes that let you in today when the parent company (EA) wont let you in for 3 more days? You'd think ordering directly though EA would let you in the same as the other guys right?

So, has anyone who used Origin gotten in yet?

Sharpreaper
12.13.2011 , 08:21 AM | #2
I haven't yet

Marlinspike
12.13.2011 , 08:22 AM | #3
You don't need the full game code to play Early Game Access.

I got my pre-order code (including Early Game Accces) through Origin on the 23rd July.

Foreglow
12.13.2011 , 08:22 AM | #4
Not I.
"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself."
A.A. Milne

tazkuch
12.13.2011 , 08:22 AM | #5
the useless origin web site does not even show mw making an order, though i ordered in nov.

Apem
12.13.2011 , 08:22 AM | #6
same not got in yet pre-ordered dde on the 21st july

Jeido
12.13.2011 , 08:24 AM | #7
Pre-ordered the digital deluxe from Origin on the morning after the pre-order announcement, and got in with the first wave this morning. Unfortunately I'm stuck at work!

Did you register your pre-order code with https://account.swtor.com/user/codes on 7/21?

Exileme
12.13.2011 , 08:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Marlinspike View Post
You don't need the full game code to play Early Game Access.

I got my pre-order code (including Early Game Accces) through Origin on the 23rd July.
That's good to know, though it does kind of imply that Origin users will have to enter a 3rd code on the 20th (1 to confirm pre-order, 1 to play pre-order, 1 to play the full game). Can you (or anyone) clarify this some? There is also the likely chance that the current Origin customer service people are simply thinking about the normal game launch, and not the pre-order too.

SnowHeart
12.13.2011 , 08:26 AM | #9
You've already gotten your preorder code, and I hope you entered it when you received it -- otherwise you're going to be at the end of the line on the early access distribution. If folks have gotten in via an Origin order, my guess is they're probably playing the game rather than reading the forums. But... no, I haven't gotten in yet, but I didn't preorder until Thanksgiving weekend so I'm not surprised. I'm also wondering when I'm going to get charged for the full game, but I'm happy my order hasn't been mysteriously cancelled, which is apparently happening to some folks.

Gwyd-yon
12.13.2011 , 08:27 AM | #10
Yes, I ordered through Origin on July 21st at about 1 AM PST. I got my early access email at about 7 AM this morning. I then had to leave for work...
Main - Imperial Agent, Operative
Alt1 - Republic Trooper, Commando
Alt2 - Sith Inquisitor, Sorceror
Alt3 - Jedi Knight, Guardian