Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts on early access

JerOverbay
12.14.2011 , 02:07 PM | #21
I find it amazing at the number of people criticizing Bioware and the SWTOR teams on the forums. The release date is still officially Dec 20. One of the benefits of the preorder was the opportunity to start playing UP TO 5 days before launch. The way everyone is behaving, you would think that the staggered entrance was after release date.

They staggered entrance into the Beta in November as well, if I recall correctly. Personally, I would rather them prioritize the entrance based on order date than have an unforseen issue pop up to delay my own entry date. Yes I only pre-ordered a few weeks ago myself.

To put it simply, everyone just needs to relax and not live your life around an MMO. The game will be there, and you will get in before the "unwashed masses" on Dec 20th. Why can't you just enjoy the game and relax a bit?

Oh! Right....... this is the Internet and we are contractually obligated to flame, complain and belittle one another.....

Seriously, just relax and be happy for the email when it arrives. I don't mind a staggered start, it will cut back on some of the overcrowding at the beginning of the game.

roadrunner
12.14.2011 , 02:12 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ngarreth View Post
I've only been waiting three weeks. it's not fair that the guy waiting three months gets in before me... Wow! didn't your parrents teach you to wait your turn
This guy. I like you.
Come together.

AbbyDavidMom
12.14.2011 , 02:24 PM | #23
Love the post was great. I just wish i would have put in my pre order back when my husband did so that we could be playing together right now, but i didn't even know if i wanted to play this game till i got to help beta test during the thanksgiving weekend. i put my order in a week ago and i have known since doing so that i might not get to play a full 5 days early i figure id be lucky to play a day early but watching my husband play this game has made me almost the happiest woman around he has been following the development of this game for the past 3-4 years now and when they announced you could start preordering back in july i told him to go for it and we would come up with the money for him to play he has been so excited like a little kid on christmas day so i don't mind not getting to play with him means i can take care of the kids and he can enjoy his game.

Prideous
12.14.2011 , 02:26 PM | #24
Such a good post. But on a serious note, I think Bioware should atleast give "rough" dates of when people will get access. I don't care if I start on the 14th or the 19th, I just want a rough idea of when to expect it.

Crawelc
12.14.2011 , 02:31 PM | #25
Obviously Abby is not a sith or she would eliminate her husband and take his acct. to be able to play NOW!!

AbbyDavidMom
12.14.2011 , 02:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Obviously Abby is not a sith or she would eliminate her husband and take his acct. to be able to play NOW!!
he has offered to let me play a toon on his account and then transfer all the credits to my toon once i get my account on but for some reason he has forgotten to give me his password to get in lol

mackkie
12.14.2011 , 02:34 PM | #27
I think he forgot the part where his computer was the best of the best of the best that alienware has to offer... thx for the post though it made me smile while spamming send receive on my inbox

TarasReznik
12.14.2011 , 02:38 PM | #28
Argh, I know I ordered late but this is killin me! I just wanna play! QQ

iain_b
12.14.2011 , 02:38 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeae View Post
seriously though, did anyone else get the game charged to their credit card, then have the money put back a day later only to have the early access fee remain?
That was origin's method for determining that you have the money for the actual order (stupid logic but whatever), they billed you the entire cost and then refunded it minus the $50 pre-order "fee".

You will be charged $54.99 or $74.99 when they actually send you the game code.
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

rynecrimson
12.14.2011 , 02:38 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by iain_b View Post
Where's my pony!!! Bioware, you promised me a ******* pony!!!
lolz.