Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Matt_Renfew
12.21.2012 , 01:32 AM | #631
Thank God I found this thread, 68 years old here from Australia my comp guy said download SWTOR and enjoy......I am.

Love the game

Sinapus
12.21.2012 , 02:13 AM | #632
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Did you ever notice how everyone who claims to be over 21 years old also seems to have a kajillion dollar a day job? On the forums I mean.

Not at all suspicious.
I usually get suspicious when they try to use that claim as "proof" of how wonderful they are compared to "wage slaves" like myself. Repeatedly. To the point where I wonder whom exactly they're trying to convince...

...but I see no point otherwise. If people are exaggerating, well this is a role-playing group site and I see no real harm. If not exaggerating then it sounds like they have an interesting career. So why bother with poorly-veiled accusations?

Though I'll probably exaggerate about the types of people who call me. Only slightly. I promise. (Maybe I should roll up a Sith Inquisitor, I hear they can use force lightning in cutscenes... "What's the 'any' key?" *ZOT* "I find your lack of clue... disturbing.")
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

kiwifela
12.21.2012 , 03:08 AM | #633
Guess I'm not the only one who feels "aged" when I play SWTOR......

Only 39 but when chatting to others, you'd swear they were only in their teens, lol, but all the same b***** great fun, I wouldnt change it for the world, takes me away from real life after work. I'm still considered by many to be a Noob, but what the hell, if I was an expert at this, I wouldnt be playing......

Self employed gardener/landscaper, currently unemployed because its winter, which, though tight through Christmas, I have my Wife, Kids and SWTOR

Happy Christmas all, keep playing!!

bahdasz
12.22.2012 , 05:29 AM | #634
It would be very interesting to see actual figures on how many in each age group are playing this game. I will say it seems the 30+ crowd seems to spend more time on the forums than the teenagers, but somehow every time I get in a PUG in-game I end up with a bunch of annoying teen-agers.

Castiel
12.22.2012 , 08:50 AM | #635
24 years old, unemployed for the last 10 years and probably will be until the day I die.

DVyus
12.24.2012 , 06:51 AM | #636
40 yrs old work as a firefighter, married with 2 kids, mmo's are a nice break from reality..............................
happy to see im not alone in being a 'old-time-gamer'.

On server = Tomb of Freedon Nadd, if theres a guild of "ol'forgies" on there give me a pm

Oldies never rage quit here endeth the lesson
BLACKSHIELD LEGACY

Network_Error
12.25.2012 , 05:13 AM | #637
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinapus View Post
I usually get suspicious when they try to use that claim as "proof" of how wonderful they are compared to "wage slaves" like myself. Repeatedly. To the point where I wonder whom exactly they're trying to convince...

...but I see no point otherwise. If people are exaggerating, well this is a role-playing group site and I see no real harm. If not exaggerating then it sounds like they have an interesting career. So why bother with poorly-veiled accusations?

Though I'll probably exaggerate about the types of people who call me. Only slightly. I promise. (Maybe I should roll up a Sith Inquisitor, I hear they can use force lightning in cutscenes... "What's the 'any' key?" *ZOT* "I find your lack of clue... disturbing.")
I was thinking the exact same thing when I opened the thread. Dude is either seriously Republican and loves to brag about his financial superiority, or its a dumb kid or old loser trying to make friends by seeming important.

I'm 31, a carpenter working as a foreman(depending on the project) for a company that probably moves around a few million a year, but honestly I have no clue. Gaming is the only hobby that stuck for me, and I'll be doing it until I die.

Sinapus
12.26.2012 , 12:34 AM | #638
Quote: Originally Posted by Network_Error View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing when I opened the thread. Dude is either seriously Republican and loves to brag about his financial superiority, or its a dumb kid or old loser trying to make friends by seeming important.
Odd, because most of the ones I encounter that like bragging about their wealth, education, size of their house, etc. tend to be the ones who rail against that group you mentioned with quite a bit of vehemenance. On political blogs at least. I tend to trend towards "dumb kid" but have run into supposed adults who behave rather immaturely. Perhaps dumb kids who never truly grew up?

Strange universe.
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

funkhouse
12.26.2012 , 01:23 AM | #639
wow what a funny thing man...im also a multi millionair that cant wait to get home and log into swtor for wink 2-3 hrs wink.

Lsya
01.01.2013 , 01:07 PM | #640
51yrs old here. Computer forensics investigator.

Oddly enough, the IT department I'm with is filled with techs half my age; and none of them are gamers. There are only three gamers in our department of about 60 people. All of us gamers are in the 40+ age bracket. It's the strangest IT dept. I've ever been with in my past 30+ years of IT work. Many of them don't even watch sci-fi shows/movies and know little to nothing about Star Wars.

I mention I played a Sith all weekend and get nothing but blank stares.

PS. My wife's 52 and addicted to MMOs also.