Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Matt_Renfew
12.21.2012 , 01:32 AM | #631
Thank God I found this thread, 68 years old here from Australia my comp guy said download SWTOR and enjoy......I am.

Love the game

Sinapus
12.21.2012 , 02:13 AM | #632
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Did you ever notice how everyone who claims to be over 21 years old also seems to have a kajillion dollar a day job? On the forums I mean.

Not at all suspicious.
I usually get suspicious when they try to use that claim as "proof" of how wonderful they are compared to "wage slaves" like myself. Repeatedly. To the point where I wonder whom exactly they're trying to convince...

...but I see no point otherwise. If people are exaggerating, well this is a role-playing group site and I see no real harm. If not exaggerating then it sounds like they have an interesting career. So why bother with poorly-veiled accusations?

Though I'll probably exaggerate about the types of people who call me. Only slightly. I promise. (Maybe I should roll up a Sith Inquisitor, I hear they can use force lightning in cutscenes... "What's the 'any' key?" *ZOT* "I find your lack of clue... disturbing.")
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

kiwifela
12.21.2012 , 03:08 AM | #633
Guess I'm not the only one who feels "aged" when I play SWTOR......

Only 39 but when chatting to others, you'd swear they were only in their teens, lol, but all the same b***** great fun, I wouldnt change it for the world, takes me away from real life after work. I'm still considered by many to be a Noob, but what the hell, if I was an expert at this, I wouldnt be playing......

Self employed gardener/landscaper, currently unemployed because its winter, which, though tight through Christmas, I have my Wife, Kids and SWTOR

Happy Christmas all, keep playing!!

bahdasz
12.22.2012 , 05:29 AM | #634
It would be very interesting to see actual figures on how many in each age group are playing this game. I will say it seems the 30+ crowd seems to spend more time on the forums than the teenagers, but somehow every time I get in a PUG in-game I end up with a bunch of annoying teen-agers.

Castiel
12.22.2012 , 08:50 AM | #635
24 years old, unemployed for the last 10 years and probably will be until the day I die.

DVyus
12.24.2012 , 06:51 AM | #636
40 yrs old work as a firefighter, married with 2 kids, mmo's are a nice break from reality..............................
happy to see im not alone in being a 'old-time-gamer'.

On server = Tomb of Freedon Nadd, if theres a guild of "ol'forgies" on there give me a pm

Oldies never rage quit here endeth the lesson
BLACKSHIELD LEGACY

Network_Error
12.25.2012 , 05:13 AM | #637
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinapus View Post
I usually get suspicious when they try to use that claim as "proof" of how wonderful they are compared to "wage slaves" like myself. Repeatedly. To the point where I wonder whom exactly they're trying to convince...

...but I see no point otherwise. If people are exaggerating, well this is a role-playing group site and I see no real harm. If not exaggerating then it sounds like they have an interesting career. So why bother with poorly-veiled accusations?

Though I'll probably exaggerate about the types of people who call me. Only slightly. I promise. (Maybe I should roll up a Sith Inquisitor, I hear they can use force lightning in cutscenes... "What's the 'any' key?" *ZOT* "I find your lack of clue... disturbing.")
I was thinking the exact same thing when I opened the thread. Dude is either seriously Republican and loves to brag about his financial superiority, or its a dumb kid or old loser trying to make friends by seeming important.

I'm 31, a carpenter working as a foreman(depending on the project) for a company that probably moves around a few million a year, but honestly I have no clue. Gaming is the only hobby that stuck for me, and I'll be doing it until I die.

Sinapus
12.26.2012 , 12:34 AM | #638
Quote: Originally Posted by Network_Error View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing when I opened the thread. Dude is either seriously Republican and loves to brag about his financial superiority, or its a dumb kid or old loser trying to make friends by seeming important.
Odd, because most of the ones I encounter that like bragging about their wealth, education, size of their house, etc. tend to be the ones who rail against that group you mentioned with quite a bit of vehemenance. On political blogs at least. I tend to trend towards "dumb kid" but have run into supposed adults who behave rather immaturely. Perhaps dumb kids who never truly grew up?

Strange universe.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

funkhouse
12.26.2012 , 01:23 AM | #639
wow what a funny thing man...im also a multi millionair that cant wait to get home and log into swtor for wink 2-3 hrs wink.

Lsya
01.01.2013 , 01:07 PM | #640
51yrs old here. Computer forensics investigator.

Oddly enough, the IT department I'm with is filled with techs half my age; and none of them are gamers. There are only three gamers in our department of about 60 people. All of us gamers are in the 40+ age bracket. It's the strangest IT dept. I've ever been with in my past 30+ years of IT work. Many of them don't even watch sci-fi shows/movies and know little to nothing about Star Wars.

I mention I played a Sith all weekend and get nothing but blank stares.

PS. My wife's 52 and addicted to MMOs also.