Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

OldMike
01.19.2012 , 12:00 PM | #131
57, Computer Engineer and love this game and several previous MMO's.... I don't see myself stopping anytime soon either.

Oh, and all my friends and co-workers know and are jealous.

Obifive
01.19.2012 , 12:04 PM | #132
I'm 58 and a Manager. Love this game. If someone has or wants to strart a guild that would cater to this type of group I would definately join.

SinjinMMZ
01.19.2012 , 12:06 PM | #133
43, Social Worker. I like moonlit walks on the beach, crochet and unicorns. Which is funny because as I was walking on the beach one night I met a unicorn and stabbed it to death with a knitting needle (thank you Skyrim).

And I'm very happy not to be the oldest bloke here.

Graygan
01.19.2012 , 12:13 PM | #134
42, retired chef/personal wealth manager with a few clients

I work at home and have a ridiculous amount of time on my hands during the day, so I play.
Graygan ::: :::
Eternal Vigilance ::: Recruitment Thread ::: :::

DuchessOfKvetch
01.19.2012 , 12:23 PM | #135
My first computer was a TRS-80 Model 1, so that should tell you something.

I just wish we had a thread like this strictly for the roleplaying servers...!

When I started getting into these communities about 8-10 years back, most everyone I fell in with was in college (with lots of free time and plenty of energy). Now those of them who still put up with me are all in their late 20's and 30's.

What drove most of my friends away from the RP scene was childbirth. It's pretty hard to pay attention to the screen with small children crawling in one's lap. Thus, why I suppose I see most creative people over 25 on PvE servers.
EBON HAWK: "They must have put something in our water"
Visit the Ebon Hawk RP server forum www.ebon-hawk.com and our FaceBook page
Find me as: Anjela, Taloe, Sandoval (all Empire side, baby)
Bartle Score: Socializer: 87%, Explorer: 73%, Killer: 40%, Achiever: 0%

Tasaria
01.19.2012 , 12:30 PM | #136
Almost 66 female actuarial consultant. Been gaming since Imagination Network. Beta tested Netscape, Mosaic and EQ1. Hoping they have high speed internet in nursing home

Belgaram
01.19.2012 , 12:30 PM | #137
Ok, let the comments begin....
43 yr old Police Officer.... I am assigned to a school as their School Resource Officer and I teach DARE. I have been playing video games since there were video games. I listened to Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy on 8 track in my room as I mastered Pong and tank battle.
The guys in my Dept. bust my stones about it. There are like 4 of us that are into MMO's and at one point were all guilded together. We quickly became labeled as the Nerd herd hehe.

PittsburghJim
01.19.2012 , 12:36 PM | #138
Howdy everyone --- I'm 76 (lvl 32) and played a little bit during beta -- I have 2 sons 49 and 46 who play and a grandson 10 who is level 11. No doubt I have problems finding stuff and frequently get lost, but i'm hanging in there.

My sons and I have played WOW since its beginning and find SWTOR refreshing and fun.

As an ex airforce pilot, you would think that I would do well in the space battles, but I stink.

Playing SWTOR at age 76 ??? Maybe its a record for SWTOR and WOW. But It's better than watching TV, especially since the NFL is about finished.

Gramps

CyTrek
01.19.2012 , 12:37 PM | #139
I'm a computer tech in my mid 40's, my GF is a little older than me and is a gamer as well. MMOs like SWTOR and WOW are what we do for fun a few hours, four or five times a week. We both have jobs and other activities, responsibilities etc... So I/We don't approach the game like it's "Everything".... although I've run across many players who do. SWTOR isn't perfect but we are both enjoying it very much for a first release. People in other parts of this forum need to relax a bit, the game has not even been out officially for a full month yet. Sigh...

Belgaram
01.19.2012 , 12:39 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by PittsburghJim View Post
Howdy everyone --- I'm 76 (lvl 32) and played a little bit during beta -- I have 2 sons 49 and 46 who play and a grandson 10 who is level 11. No doubt I have problems finding stuff and frequently get lost, but i'm hanging in there.

My sons and I have played WOW since its beginning and find SWTOR refreshing and fun.

As an ex airforce pilot, you would think that I would do well in the space battles, but I stink.

Playing SWTOR at age 76 ??? Maybe its a record for SWTOR and WOW. But It's better than watching TV, especially since the NFL is about finished.

Gramps

You Sir.....Win