Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Adeptt
01.18.2012 , 06:52 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by QDMcGraw View Post
I have tour shirts older than the vast majority of the player base. This is not a joke or exaggeration, I STILL have a tour Jersey for Megadeth from a little club from their 1983/84 tour. It's ragged, it's thread bare, dang near see through it's so thin now, and, no it doesn't fit anymore, but I still have it in a frame on my wall in my gaming room.

I predate home computers. I predate console systems. I predate CDROM games and CD's. I predate Cartridge games. I predate VHS. I dang near predate Cassettes and 8 Tracks. Most the people here won't know what an 8 track is since Wiki is down for the day, and definitely won't know why they sucked as a medium for music.
I still have the shirt from the Moving Pictures tour 80-81 (Rush)

Master-Pappy
01.18.2012 , 07:04 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by shadwhwk View Post
+1 for The Older Republic... and I kind of like the Oldspice Smugglers. If sombody does set up a guild of older generation players, I'm in. Hell I just might try to myself. Ive never ran a guild before but hell its worth a shot. If I suck at it I can just pass the torch onto somebody that knows what they are doing. Any suggestions as to a good server to use?
I think it would cool to start a guild. I would have done it myself, but think there are more qualified people out there. I would gladly join if someone were to put it together. I have no suggestion or preference on a server.

Seapineneedle
01.18.2012 , 07:07 PM | #103
51 and retired! Played EQ the year it came out. Have played a few others.

teflonbili
01.18.2012 , 07:20 PM | #104
47 here. Started gaming when EQ hit the market. (Oh you murderous grind how i loved thee) Have played wow since release and now im hoping this new adventure takes hold.

Edre
01.18.2012 , 08:51 PM | #105
The game came out right before my birthday! Been playing video games since Pong, like some others here, and the good old days of that and then the Atari 2600. Saw Star Wars in 1977. Also a big costuming nerd - Revan armor FTW! So I can geek out with the young whipper-snappers with only my crow's feet to betray me.

I totally love the idea of a Guild called The Older Republic.

jediabrams
01.18.2012 , 09:11 PM | #106
30 Y/O Professional Audio/Technical Director here! Finding time to play is hard when you work 50 hours a week!

I was glad to see this post. I get tired of the guff that older players get. It's fun. Get over it world!

Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Pappy View Post
Every once in a while it dawns on me that I am teaming with folks that weren't even born when I bought the socks I am wearing. I know this as I often team with my three sons. As a 47 year-old professional who leads a multi-million dollar project for a large corporation, I am sure that many of my co-workers would be shocked if they knew that when I get home I log on to SWTOR and pretend that I am a Master Jedi for 2-3 hours. Not that it bothers me. It keeps me young in mind and heart.

It got me to thinking, "How many others out there are like me?" I'm sure I'm not the oldest player out there. So, if you fall into the geriatric crowd within SWTOR, give a shout out with your age and profession. It will be cool to know who is out there.

Funknuckle
01.18.2012 , 09:24 PM | #107
18 years in the Infantry in the U.S. Army I chuckle when my group leader is a quater of my age bossing me around but if they know what to do in the situation they are worth their salt. It's funny when you talk about "The Old Republic" on the range it is just hard for 18-19 year olds to picture "Sarge" (if they called me that I would crush them, haha) gamming on.

Brosephiine
01.18.2012 , 09:36 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Pappy View Post
Every once in a while it dawns on me that I am teaming with folks that weren't even born when I bought the socks I am wearing. I know this as I often team with my three sons. As a 47 year-old professional who leads a multi-million dollar project for a large corporation, I am sure that many of my co-workers would be shocked if they knew that when I get home I log on to SWTOR and pretend that I am a Master Jedi for 2-3 hours. Not that it bothers me. It keeps me young in mind and heart.

It got me to thinking, "How many others out there are like me?" I'm sure I'm not the oldest player out there. So, if you fall into the geriatric crowd within SWTOR, give a shout out with your age and profession. It will be cool to know who is out there.
I don't fit in this club, I'm only 22, but I just wanted to say that you are not alone; Most of the people who work in the gaming industry sit in exactly the same spot as you. :P

Keep at it! That's where I'll be eventually. ^__^
[deviantART]
A system run by the ergophobic
is destined for failure.

JaeOnasi
01.18.2012 , 10:02 PM | #109
The Older Republic--hehe. Love it.

I'd roll a toon for that. I have a preference for PvE or RP. Got a bit too much arthritis to do intense PvP for long periods *Jae glares at her aging fingers*, but I'm game for it.
Staff Writer for TORWars.com My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom

Our Guild: The Older Republic on The Shadowlands because Older People definitely know how to have more fun!

KrystiK
01.18.2012 , 10:15 PM | #110
Im 32, in college going for my Masters (Healthcare), and a web cam model, + a homemaker