Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy
01.18.2012 , 12:24 PM | #1
Every once in a while it dawns on me that I am teaming with folks that weren't even born when I bought the socks I am wearing. I know this as I often team with my three sons. As a 47 year-old professional who leads a multi-million dollar project for a large corporation, I am sure that many of my co-workers would be shocked if they knew that when I get home I log on to SWTOR and pretend that I am a Master Jedi for 2-3 hours. Not that it bothers me. It keeps me young in mind and heart.

It got me to thinking, "How many others out there are like me?" I'm sure I'm not the oldest player out there. So, if you fall into the geriatric crowd within SWTOR, give a shout out with your age and profession. It will be cool to know who is out there.

CelestrialFox
01.18.2012 , 12:26 PM | #2
Hello Gramps, I'm in your yard messing up your grass!!!

Asurai
01.18.2012 , 12:27 PM | #3
you need new pairs of socks I think.

Thamelas
01.18.2012 , 12:28 PM | #4
I'm 38 and seld-employed / unemploted. I spend my days working on my websites and playing games!
SWTOR-Holo.net - Guides for Crew Skills, Datacrons, Flashpoints, Operations, Talent Builds, and more!

Kavell
01.18.2012 , 12:29 PM | #5
42 and a Surgeon.

had a good chat with a nurse who was going on about SW:TOR and how he was having a blast playing his Jedi, and was shocked when I asked him how the Hard Modes were going.
Never Forget .
Kav - 50 BH PT - Sword of Ajunta Pall
<Unbreakable>

HarisonFjord
01.18.2012 , 12:29 PM | #6
Without a silly amount of personal detail: I'm married, in my late 30's and I'm in house councel for a well know multinational.

We are out here, like you. We generally are not on general chat or what have you. i'm in a guild full of people I know from the real world so I interact mostly with them. but we're populated with teachers and MD's and PhD's and college profs, senior level IT professionals the list goes on.

Catch_TwentyTwo
01.18.2012 , 12:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Pappy View Post
Every once in a while it dawns on me that I am teaming with folks that weren't even born when I bought the socks I am wearing. I know this as I often team with my three sons. As a 47 year-old professional who leads a multi-million dollar project for a large corporation, I am sure that many of my co-workers would be shocked if they knew that when I get home I log on to SWTOR and pretend that I am a Master Jedi for 2-3 hours. Not that it bothers me. It keeps me young in mind and heart.

It got me to thinking, "How many others out there are like me?" I'm sure I'm not the oldest player out there. So, if you fall into the geriatric crowd within SWTOR, give a shout out with your age and profession. It will be cool to know who is out there.
43 years old here! Business Operations Quality Manager for a major Japanese Outsourcing and Services company. Have to agree, there nothing like relaxing with your Jedi robes after a hard day crunching the keys to keep the country running.

My 15 year old also plays TOR and we came over from SWG where we played together for 5 years with friends from our Guild.
CATCH TwentyTwo

SW:TOR FORUM REVIEW PLAYLISTLATEST VIDEO
(Be original: Post a comment about how fat I am, or my lisp, but keep it civil...)

Omaddon
01.18.2012 , 12:30 PM | #8
Well now, geriatric may be a little too far, but I am a 44 (45 in 4 months, do I still apply?) year old male who is a professional SYSadmin for 13 years now.

I have played (and I am still playing) WoW and now, SWTOR.

Yes, I was there when the first movie came out in 1977. Went to see it at the theater when it came out.

I do know that many younger folk are playing and that is good, they can learn from us sometimes. Some will scorn and sneer at our comments and suggestions and that is fine too. We could not teach them anything if we tried. in real life or virtually and they are the ones who will suffer in the long run. "Those who know not history are condemned to repeat it"
Quote:
Where ever you go, there you are!

HarisonFjord
01.18.2012 , 12:30 PM | #9
Oh and as a lawyer...of course I play a Sith.

Master-Pappy
01.18.2012 , 12:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CelestrialFox View Post
Hello Gramps, I'm in your yard messing up your grass!!!
Listen you young whipper snapper, if you were in my yard, you wouldn't be messing up my grass, I would be kicking your ***!