Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre-order Crystal should scale on your level.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Pre-order Crystal should scale on your level.

Kelvara
01.18.2012 , 09:46 AM | #11
It would be neat if artificers could reverse engineer the yellow black crystal and get a yellow black color crystal that they could use to craft higher level versions of it.

Blackfriar
01.18.2012 , 09:48 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by unevenjunk View Post
Any one else think the Pre-order Crystal should scale on your level? Just a idea.
I think it's a great idea except I think it's hideously ugly... Now if it scaled and changed to reflect your level/class or was color selectable...

Like a 'heal' smuggler might have green-black while a dps scrapper-smuggler could be dark-blue-black... That sort of thing...
What makes the grass grow? Blood makes the grass grow!

mayo
01.14.2013 , 12:42 PM | #13
I agree %100.
I for one am proud of my pre order, and do like to show off my crystal from time to time, especially on a new character, but it is totally useless while leveling. I think making it scale would be a perfect solution.
Also, I don't agree with having to pay 100k credits for a lv50 pre order crystal. Isn't the whole point to reward the people who pre ordered? Not to charge us more for the gift we earned?
SO HEY DEVS OR SOMEBODY!!!
PLEASE change the pre order crystal so it's still usefull after you gain a few levels!!! And maybe not keep charging us for our "gift" if we need another, or need to obtain a higher level one.

pudim
01.14.2013 , 12:44 PM | #14
Solution: Put in the vendor an Artifice Schematic that creates a Bound To Legacy Black-Yellow Crystal for lv10, 20, 30 and 40
You either subscribe, or you don't, cartel coins are useless

Icestar
01.14.2013 , 12:55 PM | #15
Any one else think the Pre-order Crystal should scale on your level? Just a idea.
Nah it is a nice thingy for a level or two, a fluff item

Master-Nala
01.14.2013 , 12:58 PM | #16
Be easier if they just offered a level 17, 27, and 37 version to go along with the others.
My 60s:Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concen., Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-K. Combat, Mioni - Seer, Vesnas-Tactics, Psionicist-TK Sinbad-Sawbones, Arbaaz-Serenity, Nal'aa-Infiltration

Gereorth
01.14.2013 , 01:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Morvoldo View Post
and also it should of let you choose its colour on charactor creation as what I thought it was going to do, otherwise i would of just bought the normal version instead of the DDE and saved 20 or so pound.
If you realy thought that, you should've read better. Because it NEVER said anything like that.
Well, an honest mistake.

OT: You can get level 50 crystals (+41 stat) with that color. So after all, it shouldn't realy matter (al though I wish I could fully level with it)
I got the stuff, if you got the credits. If not, beat it kid!

Jeweledleah
01.14.2013 , 01:27 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Gereorth View Post
If you realy thought that, you should've read better. Because it NEVER said anything like that.
Well, an honest mistake.

OT: You can get level 50 crystals (+41 stat) with that color. So after all, it shouldn't really matter (al though I wish I could fully level with it)
this. though I really really REALLY wish they didn't cost 250k credits to buy. I kinda like the color and I like having something unique, but the cost is just too MUCH IMO.

Blackavaar
01.14.2013 , 01:32 PM | #19
Um, can't you buy higher level versions of it from the Pre-Order vendor?

I thought you could.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.14.2013 , 01:55 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Um, can't you buy higher level versions of it from the Pre-Order vendor?

I thought you could.

You can. The higher versions are +41 end, +41 power, +41 crit, or +41 expertise, but they are overpriced (250k) you can buy cheaper on GTN (and now cartel market).

Two comments on this:
1. They've already said they don't like the way color crystal stats worked and that's why they don't change with gear level past 50. They've also hinted they may remove stat from color crystal complete. This would be an odd move if those statements are true.
2. Why necro a nearly year old thread? (other than the fact that it's the threads birthday)
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30