Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upgrade to Digital Package

XinnKoda
12.14.2011 , 11:45 AM | #1
I noticed there's an option for 20 dollars to upgrade to some kind of premium package that allows you to get the digital items from the CE edition such as the flare gun and the STAP vehicle. I tried to purchase it but it says I don't have an active subscription to the game. I'm aware of the whole No active subscription of the game issue. Now I'm curious... I'm waiting for my early game access code to allow me to play. Will this "digital package" be available when I get my code? I was a late pre-order so I'll be one of the last people to get access and I really want to buy this package. I'm assuming this will be a limited time offer and it won't be available once the game officially launches. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
George

Titanium_Turtle
12.14.2011 , 11:48 AM | #2
When you enter your game key it will unlock whatever bonsuses your puchase entitles you too. So, you will not have these items until after that point.

Also, the Digital Deluxe does nto have ALL the CE digital items. (Namly access to the store).

XinnKoda
12.14.2011 , 11:53 AM | #3
Let me clear up a little confusion. I pre-ordered a physical copy of the game. The basic game for 60 dollars. I noticed online you can "upgrade" your package for 20 dollars to allow you to have some of the digital items that comes in the CE. I want to upgrade to the 20 dollar package but it won't let me cause it says I need an active subscription. Obviously I won't have an active subscription until I receive my early game access. But will this 20 dollar package still be available when I receive my code?

Titanium_Turtle
12.14.2011 , 11:55 AM | #4
You can not upgrade a standard edition game to a digital deluxe edition. You must return/cancel your physical copy and buy the DDE version. Then you will enter the game code from the DDE and unlock those items.

Jommie
12.14.2011 , 12:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Titanium_Turtle View Post
You can not upgrade a standard edition game to a digital deluxe edition. You must return/cancel your physical copy and buy the DDE version. Then you will enter the game code from the DDE and unlock those items.
Wrong.

I ordered the physical standard version of the game last saturday.
Game shipped on monday, and I got an e-mail on monday with the pre-entry code.
Game arroved yesterday, and I got to enter the game-code. There was also an option to upgrade the game to the digital upgrade pack, as the OP describes. Price was about 20 euros. But, to buy it you need to have entered a valid payment option - aka - credit card details.

So, set up a subscription cycle and add a credit-card, then buy the upgrade if you want.

Revelationjp
12.14.2011 , 12:07 PM | #6
There IS an option on the site to purchase for $20 the in game extras that are included in the digital deluxe game, essentially "upgrading" from basic to deluxe. this is what he's talking about. His question his when will he be able to purchase it, since the site doesn't recognize his basic purchase. To the OP, i imagine that once you have your retail key registered, you'll then be able to purchase the pack. That's just a guess mind you, but it makes sense. Since we haven't received our product keys yet, the site wouldn't know what version you have, hence it won't allow you to purchase the extra content. I hope this helps.

Titanium_Turtle
12.14.2011 , 12:08 PM | #7
Wow! I was unaware of the ability to do this. Very interesting indeed.

Hollow_Man
12.14.2011 , 12:11 PM | #8
Yes, you have to redeem your actual game code before you can buy the upgrade for $20. There's no mention yet of when this offer will expire, but I suspect it won't be anytime soon (if ever).

-HM
"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult

XinnKoda
12.14.2011 , 12:13 PM | #9
Awesome! Thanks for the help. Hopefully I am able to purchase it soon in case it expires.

-George

Hollow_Man
12.14.2011 , 12:13 PM | #10
BTW, here's the page for it. Note it says "The purchase of the Star Wars: The Old Republic Digital Upgrade Pack is available to anyone who has purchased and redeemed a Product Registration Code for The Old Republic Standard Edition (Digital or Physical)."

https://account.swtor.com/user/digitalupgrade

-HM
"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult