Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 10 most powerful Sith and Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Top 10 most powerful Sith and Jedi

Bow-Wow-Wow
01.16.2012 , 07:20 PM | #21
I'd say going by cannon:

Sith:

1.Darth Vader
2.Darth Sidious
3.Darth Nihlus
4.Darth Bane
5.Naga Sadow
6.Exar Kuun
7.Darth Tyrannus
8.Darth Revan
9.Freedon Naad
10.Darth Maul

Jedi:

1.Luke Skywalker
2.Revan
3.Yoda
4.Mace Windu
5.Obi wan Kenobi
6.Annakin Skywalker
7.Cyn Drallig
8.Exile
9.Satele Shan
10. Ki Andi Mundi

For Vader/Revan, I'm not putting them on top of both lists because I'd say Revan was mainly a Jedi and Vader was mainly a Sith.
Haters gonna' hate.

darth_freefall
01.16.2012 , 07:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LrdStryfe View Post
"Raised in the heel, the cumbersome footgear canted him slightly forward, forcing him to move with exaggerated caution lest he stumble or topple over. Worse, they were so heeavy that he often felt rooted to the ground, or as if he were moving in high gravity.

What good was motion of this sort, if he was going to have to call on the Force even to walk from place to place! He may as well have have resigned himself to using a repulsor chair and abandoned any hope of movement".

That excerpt is from Page 58 of James Luceno's Book Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.
OK that's fair enough, though i think it is something he would've only had to do at the start. Prosthetic limbs would be useless if you had to be force adept to move them, so i think it would've been him adapting to the suit, considering how much of his body was now artificial.

Eventually he outlasts Jedi through increased stamina the suit provided him, which i don't think he could have done if he had to continuously use the force to move himself.

LrdStryfe
01.16.2012 , 07:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_freefall View Post
OK that's fair enough, though i think it is something he would've only had to do at the start. Prosthetic limbs would be useless if you had to be force adept to move them, so i think it would've been him adapting to the suit, considering how much of his body was now artificial.

Eventually he outlasts Jedi through increased stamina the suit provided him, which i don't think he could have done if he had to continuously use the force to move himself.
The book goes into detail in that chapter and it talks about how the medical droids had used less than ideal metals and alloys for constructing his prosthetic limbs, and that they had cut corners with making sure everything was snug and didn't pull on his skin and had worked properly.

Vader had to use the force largely due to the fact that his suit was not completely perfect, or anywhere near perfect actually. The whole thing caused Vader a horrific deal of discomfort.

I can only guess that later on Vader made improvements to his suit and made it more comfortable, but during the early years Vader definitely could have been taken out by any Jedi that was exceptionally skilled with a lightsaber who also could have proved to be a very serious threat to him.

It also states later in the book that Sidious only viewed Vader as a sort of puppet now, and he only handed out snippits of Sith knowledge every now and then in order to keep him wanting more - but he had no intention in telling him everything once he was in the suit.
Hey man, this is just my opinion - it's just advice. So calm down, it's only a game after all. You can do whatever the **** you wanna do!

Arroyo
01.16.2012 , 07:48 PM | #24
After looking at the lists, and while I have no particular qualms with them, I still feel like, among the Jedi, Yoda should be #1 and Obi-Wan #2.

EvanSnowWolf
01.16.2012 , 08:04 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bow-Wow-Wow View Post
I'd say going by cannon:

10. Ki Andi Mundi
That dude died pretty damn easy.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

ozirizo
01.16.2012 , 08:10 PM | #26
No Galen Marek / Starkiller on the lists?

:O
Clio Martell / Jedi Sage / Eros Martell / Commando / Ahto City

WaywardSith
01.16.2012 , 08:16 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Bow-Wow-Wow View Post
I'd say going by cannon:

Sith:

1.Darth Vader
2.Darth Sidious
3.Darth Nihlus
4.Darth Bane
5.Naga Sadow
6.Exar Kuun
7.Darth Tyrannus
8.Darth Revan
9.Freedon Naad
10.Darth Maul

Jedi:

1.Luke Skywalker
2.Revan
3.Yoda
4.Mace Windu
5.Obi wan Kenobi
6.Annakin Skywalker
7.Cyn Drallig
8.Exile
9.Satele Shan
10. Ki Andi Mundi

For Vader/Revan, I'm not putting them on top of both lists because I'd say Revan was mainly a Jedi and Vader was mainly a Sith.
*whew* At least you mentioned maul. I was about to bring out some kind of assault cannon and start mowing down people. Can't forget Maul, seeing as how he's one of the most notable sith. Honestly, he would be like...2 or 3, possibly even #1 in my book. As for jedi...not even noteworthy IMO
Lacai ~ lvl 50 Tanksin | Polakov ~ lvl 50 Op Healer | Bl'y ~ lvl 50 Commando DPS main spec, heal off spec

corebit
01.16.2012 , 08:16 PM | #28
Why do you people put Sidious over Vitiate? Power-wise, Vitiate just trumps everyone. He lives for 1400 years, the longest living ever in the whole Star Wars lore, he consumed an entire planet to feed him, and is prepared the consume the entire galaxy to become a god.

I haven't seen any other Jedi master or Sith lord in the movies/EU approach that kind of power...
Account Cancelled 7/31/2012

BrandonSM
01.16.2012 , 08:20 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardSith View Post
*whew* At least you mentioned maul. I was about to bring out some kind of assault cannon and start mowing down people. Can't forget Maul, seeing as how he's one of the most notable sith. Honestly, he would be like...2 or 3, possibly even #1 in my book. As for jedi...not even noteworthy IMO
Maul- Most overrated Sith Apprentice.

His story isn't that great, and he had no notable abilities.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

BrandonSM
01.16.2012 , 08:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by corebit View Post
Why do you people put Sidious over Vitiate? Power-wise, Vitiate just trumps everyone. He lives for 1400 years, the longest living ever in the whole Star Wars lore, he consumed an entire planet to feed him, and is prepared the consume the entire galaxy to become a god.

I haven't seen any other Jedi master or Sith lord in the movies/EU approach that kind of power...
Read up on SIdious and Luke. Their insane.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."