Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I redeemed my pre order code, but not?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
I redeemed my pre order code, but not?

Nethiil
12.14.2011 , 10:58 AM | #1
I "pre-ordered" through Origin and got a mail about my information.

I immediately redeemed it. But now when i log in and look at my account info, there is a "check" at the Three security questions. A "check" at Contact info complete". But no "check" at Redeem a product code key"

Obviously i tried again but now it says that it is already used. Which it is. But not. I even have an email telling me the code was redeemed successfully. So why is it "unchecked" ?

asachar
12.14.2011 , 11:00 AM | #2
The code you recieved from Origin is only for Early Game Access which lasts only until the 19th Dec, hopefully tomorrow Origin will start sending out full game codes which you can redeem which will allow you to carry on playing the game from 20th Dec and set up a subscription.
No, I am your father

Arkanius
12.14.2011 , 11:01 AM | #3
I am having the exact same issue. Very disheartening as this is my only real free day off of work and i was hoping for a little star wars action :/. I have contacted Bioware, no response as of yet.

Ahkronn
12.14.2011 , 11:02 AM | #4
If you're posting here, you have successfully redeemed your pre-order code.

The "missing" code you're talking about is the product key, that you'll receive with the hardcopy or will be emailed to you in the 16th if you got the digital copy from Origin.

stush
12.14.2011 , 11:03 AM | #5
ahh thought i was something like that. What about the subscription though? will you have to register a subscription before you get the EGA or do you just do subscription when you actually get your game?

Drizziwidget
12.14.2011 , 11:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahkronn View Post
you'll receive with the hardcopy or will be emailed to you in the 16th if you got the digital copy from Origin.
This. My husband verified all of this last night because he thought I did it all wrong

It states in the general/frequent question area. We were only billed the $5 pre order for our accounts, it states the rest is to be billed on the 16th.
Kill two birds with one stone? Why use a stone when you can use a gun.

asachar
12.14.2011 , 11:06 AM | #7
At the moment, the only way to play the game before the 20th Dec is to wait for a nice little email from Bioware saying your account now has access to the EGA. Until you get that email, you cant play yet.
No, I am your father

Ahkronn
12.14.2011 , 11:07 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by stush View Post
ahh thought i was something like that. What about the subscription though? will you have to register a subscription before you get the EGA or do you just do subscription when you actually get your game?
educated guess:

You'll have to enter your product key at max in the 20th to be able to continue playing.
I think all keys have a 30 day free game time (almost sure of that), so the subscription would have to be done between the day you enter your product key and 30 days latter.

asachar
12.14.2011 , 11:09 AM | #10
You are correct! All full game keys have 30 days of game time! After that, you will need to either have a subscription (1 month, 3month or 6 month) or one of these 60 day Game cards and redeem the codes on your account to continue playing
No, I am your father