Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unofficial Lieutenant Iresso fan club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Unofficial Lieutenant Iresso fan club

Ycoga
02.20.2013 , 07:16 AM | #21
I'm irritated that both Qyzen and Iresso exist. They're both tanks that use Aim, the fact that one is ranged and the other melee seems like too small a difference to justify the creation of both companions for consulars. (Don't try suggest that Iresso is our ranged DPS choice - that's Zenith).

Abilities-wise, they are copies of each other... At the moment I use Qyzen for AOE tanking and damage dealing and Iresso for single-target tanking and dps (obviously I use him in Black Hole heroics and so on instead of Qyzen, due to how he breaks CC).

Would've preferred to have a healer/tank hybrid.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Pauper_Ill
04.26.2013 , 03:22 PM | #22
I kinda liked Iresso when I first got him; he seemed like a 'regular guy' compared with all the other larger-than-life people in the game. (I admit, I laughed the first time I heard him say "Did you see that shot? Tell me you saw that!")

Then we got to Belsavis, and he won me over:

Spoiler
--
Pauper

Icebergy
04.26.2013 , 03:25 PM | #23
Itresso might just be the worst companion in the game, imo.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Allronix
04.26.2013 , 07:21 PM | #24
Iresso was a guy I did not expect to like. OK, a ranged tank. I already have Big Green if I need another tank, and I have "Ambassador" Zenith if I need to lay down cover fire. Oh, and he's a loyal, laid-back Republic grunt. Great, so I get a character without use or personaility. And what do you mean he's supposed to be Lady Consular's love interest?

But then I see the guy and it all clicks. His main issue is being in the wrong universe. He'd fit right in at DS9, Babylon 5, or even the Normandy. But when you've got a situation like the Republic? Well, what do you do with a guy who isn't the super-genius loose cannon, but still has an annoying disrespect for protocol? The little time bomb in his head also is likely to freak out the Republic commanders (justified as they have everything from Children of the Emperor to conventional defectors to worry about). Good soldier, but no one knows what to do with the guy.

The Republic military and the Jedi? Well, they have some trouble working together. Good example is if you put Bastila and Carth in your party during Knights 1 and had to put up with them sniping at each other like squabbling kids on a boring road trip. When the chips get down, though, the soldier's not going to argue with the one (wo)man army a Jedi tends to be in a combat situation, and the Jedi would do well to get the soldier's perspective because Jedi are isolated on too many levels from the people they obstensibly serve. Still, there is a rift there, and Felix is a symbolic repair of that rift. His talents are wasted being shunted around backwater outposts, but being a Jedi's semi-official bodyguard? Great fit.

The low drama and laid back personality? It's playing entirely against type for Bioware. We're used to every member of our crew being a walking ball of psychological issues. Having one that (for the most part) isn't is a refreshing change and subversion of formula.

In battle, I find he holds aggro better than Qyzen - almost too well. He also seems to cause more damage than Qyzen, too. That means that the two of us toss the taunt ball back and forth and mop up the mob as they're running from one to the other.
Alylia Terel of Guild Meridius, Bergen Colony
Meridius: Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

Noblis
04.27.2013 , 04:50 AM | #25
My Consular is a Shadow tank. Sneak around and cull the packs.

I always take the LT along when there are spread out targets. If I see targeting a circle under him, I just
strafe a bit to one side and he moves out of danger. I keep him well geared so he does excellent DPS
plus shrugs off hits. The main plus is that with a blaster rifle, he is quick to switch targets that are spaced apart.
This all makes for less downtime. He is a good team player for LS Jedi that tend to mesh with the military.

Nadia is for those burn-em-down-quick boss fights.
Hold up ! If we save Han now, there won't be anything for us to do at the beginning
of ROTJ !

NebulaPaladin
05.11.2013 , 10:06 AM | #26
Lt Iresso is the dogs nuts!!! i think of him as Samuel L Jackson in commando gear, and it works lovely. I'm a Shadow Tank so i sometimes use him for fun and i have him in Sniper mode which is meant to reduce his threat, but he still takes it off me without even trying. also he doesn't like standing in environmental hazards like Qyzen seems to. For a Sage i'd highly recomend him. (Arahael)

Kitru
05.11.2013 , 04:01 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by NebulaPaladin View Post
Lt Iresso is the dogs nuts!!! i think of him as Samuel L Jackson in commando gear, and it works lovely. I'm a Shadow Tank so i sometimes use him for fun and i have him in Sniper mode which is meant to reduce his threat, but he still takes it off me without even trying.
The only way a companion is *ever* going to pull threat off of a tank player (or a DPS player, for that matter) is by using their taunts. If you don't turn their taunts off, even if they're in their DPS stance, they'll still spam the living bejeesus out of them. Considering that, as tanks, they're almost ludicrously squishy compared to a player tank, not to mention that player tanks *benefit* from being attacked because it equates to better resource generation, you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't turn off their taunts when you're playing a tank.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.