Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Combat Medic PvE Guide (Updated for 1.2)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Combat Medic PvE Guide (Updated for 1.2)

Gaxar's Avatar


Gaxar
07.20.2012 , 03:15 PM | #261
I know i read it somewhere but was looking for a quick answer relating to other classes columi gear i could nick the mods out of. i'm in rakata/black hole/columi gear but my stats are a bit borked.

i'm at 40% crit, 65% surge and 15% alac 559 bonus healing (base stats from character pane with only static buffs) .

i appreciate my crit is probably 10% too high and my surge needs a bit more before dr and i could stand to lose some alac. I came back to swtor last week and started raiding on this toon as a healer and its very fun, been learning ammo management etc. just need to sort my stats out really.

any tips would be appreciated. i've read through a few threads but the itemisation on the gear dropping is really weird/bad and short of spending millions of creds for mods/enhances are there other classses stufff i can nick with my unneeeded columi badges?

thanks in advance chaps

Gax
Impressiiiiiiiiive......Most impressive.

LaniAkavir's Avatar


LaniAkavir
09.26.2012 , 12:14 AM | #262
I have 40% crit, 80% surge, and 3% alacrity. The heal bonus is around 700.

I find alacrity useless as the scoundrel in our HM EC can handle the fast bursty heals while I handle the heavily sustained heals.

We don't have as much HoTs or channeled heals like Scoundrels or Sages do, hence I replaced all the alacrity with surge.

Our ammo management makes alacrity kind of obsolete, as well, in my opinion.

Knji
The Medic's Legacy
<Return to Medcenter>

Kickimanjaro's Avatar


Kickimanjaro
11.02.2012 , 07:43 PM | #263
These guides are very helpful, thank you.

How does a Combat Medic's play-style differ from PvE to PvP? Is there much of a difference or does one just have to be more careful and ready to deal with being jumped in PvP?

Kytea's Avatar


Kytea
11.02.2012 , 11:36 PM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Kickimanjaro View Post
These guides are very helpful, thank you.

How does a Combat Medic's play-style differ from PvE to PvP? Is there much of a difference or does one just have to be more careful and ready to deal with being jumped in PvP?
In PVP, the big green laser will basically disclose your position to any nearby opposing team members.

Kytea's Avatar


Kytea
11.11.2012 , 01:21 PM | #265
can someone post a commando medic skill tree build please? The one in the OP does not work anymore
thanks

MaybeCrimzon's Avatar


MaybeCrimzon
11.20.2012 , 04:08 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by Kytea View Post
can someone post a commando medic skill tree build please? The one in the OP does not work anymore
thanks
this is mine: My CM Build

I Always get 300k+ healing in WZs and can heal PvE fairly comfortably. Iam in full WH gear.
Scarfce- Scoundrel TOFN

Caux - 55 CM Trooper TOFN

Kickimanjaro's Avatar


Kickimanjaro
11.21.2012 , 08:07 AM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by MaybeCrimzon View Post
this is mine: My CM Build

I Always get 300k+ healing in WZs and can heal PvE fairly comfortably. Iam in full WH gear.
Thank you, I'll be trying that out.
Kickimanjaro / Erinaceous / Stimfiend / Stxnet / yrenn / Snipertoon
<Galactic Forces> on Jedi Covenant

MaybeCrimzon's Avatar


MaybeCrimzon
11.21.2012 , 01:15 PM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by Kickimanjaro View Post
Thank you, I'll be trying that out.
just got me this
Scarfce- Scoundrel TOFN

Caux - 55 CM Trooper TOFN

Kickimanjaro's Avatar


Kickimanjaro
11.23.2012 , 04:51 PM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by Kytea View Post
In PVP, the big green laser will basically disclose your position to any nearby opposing team members.
I took your advice and stopped using it, however I have found some useful situations where getting their whole team to suddenly realize "Hey, there's the ******e who keeps healing everyone" to be very helpful. For example, I've been able to keep the tank alive in some situations where my healing couldn't keep up by just spamming my Hammer Shot heal. Their team saw this and immediately piled me, which I was able to sustain for a good 30 seconds by healing myself. That distracted helped us capture the objective and our DPS got their and handled the situation.

I died, but the tank and DPS survived and we got the objective.

This strategy might not work often, but I have found it helpful in some situations.

Quote: Originally Posted by MaybeCrimzon View Post
just got me this
Impressive! Nice work
Kickimanjaro / Erinaceous / Stimfiend / Stxnet / yrenn / Snipertoon
<Galactic Forces> on Jedi Covenant

MaybeCrimzon's Avatar


MaybeCrimzon
11.24.2012 , 03:02 PM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by Kickimanjaro View Post
I took your advice and stopped using it, however I have found some useful situations where getting their whole team to suddenly realize "Hey, there's the ******e who keeps healing everyone" to be very helpful. For example, I've been able to keep the tank alive in some situations where my healing couldn't keep up by just spamming my Hammer Shot heal. Their team saw this and immediately piled me, which I was able to sustain for a good 30 seconds by healing myself. That distracted helped us capture the objective and our DPS got their and handled the situation.

I died, but the tank and DPS survived and we got the objective.

This strategy might not work often, but I have found it helpful in some situations.



Impressive! Nice work
thank you I use the Green Beam when possible (E.g. in small group fights) yes it may draw attention to me, but i find it usually doesn't'. (m.b this shows the quality of pvp on the TOFN server? :P) i keep TP on me at ALL times, and when i get targeted Pop Adrenaline + RS and your good for about 20s use SCC and Kolto Grenade to give yourself +10% healing (& slows Enemies) and kite like a MOFO :P (also have Rakata medpack which helps + CC).

I fell like i can get out of most situations, just OP Mara's who cause me a problem. also, don't forget you have Tech Override and Reserve Cells (?cant remember name, but makes skills instant / free).
Scarfce- Scoundrel TOFN

Caux - 55 CM Trooper TOFN