Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR NEEDS Pazaak and Pod Racing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR NEEDS Pazaak and Pod Racing

Kabloosh
01.14.2012 , 04:29 PM | #21
I don't know why MMOs seem to shun away from adding all sort of side things and only work on adding new raid content. I would love to have little fun events.

ValaxDarkseer
01.14.2012 , 04:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
I don't know why MMOs seem to shun away from adding all sort of side things and only work on adding new raid content. I would love to have little fun events.
Because us raiders need more raids which drop the same gear (Columni, Rakata) which we already have.

Endgame is very poorly itemized. Heck the Rakata weapons are T3 and they are WORSE than the Columni which are T2.

Tarka
01.14.2012 , 04:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ValaxDarkseer View Post
For sure.

Also imagine if they made Pod Racing where its either similar to like Road Rash where you can punch, kick, slam into, or shoot at your opponents to make them crash or even go with a Pod Racing format like you described but with Mario Kart like power ups which give boosts and special attacks like dropping an oil slick behind your pod, or a homing missle, rockets, speed boost. Would be epic and wildly popular I bet.
Well Swoop Racing had those panels on the floor which gave you a speed boost when you went over them. So, i don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibility to allow players access to "nitro" boost items, and other bits and pieces. Though rockets and missiles is perhaps going a little too far.

They could also put obstacles in the way, funnel people down tight alleys, and other ways to spice it up.
Supporter of having the following in the game:
Full Control Space Combat, More Playable Species (not unlockable),
Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles and other MMORPG elements
MMO's are not meant to be films, and neither should they be movie-studio set tours

Kabloosh
01.14.2012 , 04:35 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ValaxDarkseer View Post
Because us raiders need more raids which drop the same gear (Columni, Rakata) which we already have.

Endgame is very poorly itemized. Heck the Rakata weapons are T3 and they are WORSE than the Columni which are T2.
A new dungeon here and there is fine and all but I'd also like to see unique events and yes side things to do. I think MMOs can really be something other then just killing the latest and greatest group of bosses every expansion or content patch.

Tarka
01.14.2012 , 04:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
A new dungeon here and there is fine and all but I'd also like to see unique events and yes side things to do. I think MMOs can really be something other then just killing the latest and greatest group of bosses every expansion or content patch.
I agree. The game needs depth. And just rolling out flashpoints, operations and warzones really doesn't add depth. It adds width (i.e. more of the same).

I believe in one of the interviews the devs briefly mentioned an "event system". And James Ohlen has elluded to single player flashpoints as well as the obligatory group based stuff (flashpoints, operations and warzones). They also mentioned something about space combat too, which they won't give details on.

However, the more the merrier I say
Supporter of having the following in the game:
Full Control Space Combat, More Playable Species (not unlockable),
Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles and other MMORPG elements
MMO's are not meant to be films, and neither should they be movie-studio set tours

Atarufighter
01.14.2012 , 04:57 PM | #26
I'm all for pazaak, used to spend hours playing in the the taris cantina in Kotor. And pod-racing would also be great.

zombiebuhada
01.14.2012 , 05:01 PM | #27
I'm all for this im not expecting it right away but this is not a bad idea it would be a good thing to do while waiting for new content! love it!!!!
"Damn this FP no F*CKing BH i feel like im gonna kill a puppy in front of the child i gave the puppy to then ground up the puppy then feed it to the child and watch as he cries!" "yet he choose light side...."

Rilauven
01.14.2012 , 05:05 PM | #28
I think one of the reasons we haven't seen Pazaak or Swoop Racing yet is because they'd be easy ways to grind money.. I suppose you could do this with Space Combat too.. but it's slow.

However, there's an easy fix for this, make the gambling and racing games PVP! When you play Pazaak, it's against another PC and you bet with your own money. We could also bet on swoop bike races with the same idea, the pool is created entirely from player funds. It'd also be awesome if two or more bikes could be on the track at once so we could have actual races instead of just beating each other's times.

There's also that Sabaac table that teases you at the start of Esseles. I wonder if that's ever gonna work?

If that Girl isn't impressed by your Action Figure Collection then she's not the right one for you!

Turgann
01.14.2012 , 05:09 PM | #29
Its all on the wall of crazy people.
Do or do not. There is no try.

Arkulin
01.14.2012 , 05:11 PM | #30
It will be, and more, milked trough expansion Why to have all from the start