Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pure Dps Class Pick

Teemos
12.14.2011 , 09:53 AM | #1
While i wait for my email. just wanted to know about the dps to Sith Assassin Vs Sith warrior. i played a assassin in beta so i know whats up with him up to level 13. but i didint get a chance to play a sith warrior. pretty much what i want is just a class that is pure dps build and can run up and mash on people and move on.

Rate (1/10)
Dps:
Surviablity:
CD's Times *Heal-24 secs/dps*:
PvP:

Thanks for your input.

zihkar
12.14.2011 , 11:12 AM | #2
Ah well the marauder AC for the sith warrior is a pure dps class that is all about rushing in and bashing on people. How ever they lack alot in the early levels from what i hear and aren't that great till around 40's? ish so i was told. But i was also told they become very nasty killing machines late game because of the raw damage that dish.

KatzBlackblade
12.14.2011 , 11:15 AM | #3
Well, the Assassin is not a pure DPS class, since it can be spec'ed as a tank. Whereas the Marauder is pure DPS.
On the Empire's side, the only "pure DPS" classes (as in, that can't do anything else) are Marauder and Sniper (and their equivalent on the Republic side). Every other advanced class will have some degree of healing or tanking available. Even if you only spec' into DPS skills, you'll get tanking and healing abilities.

Now, I don't know that it means the DPS is not as great. It could definitively be.
Main Character: Ztaka Vao, smuggler

The Mantell Syndicate
--- Immersive RP --- Strong Community --- Online Sabacc ---

Toogeloo
12.14.2011 , 11:38 AM | #4
I think the concept of "pure dps" is slightly misleading. The small time I played a Gunslinger, it seemed that one of their trees was almost utility dps, meaning it did damage, but at the same time supported the group, which leads me to believe that even the pure dps classes have a utility tree that is more support oriented.