Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR - launcher.exe Does Not Open!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR - launcher.exe Does Not Open!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Etot
01.13.2012 , 02:37 PM | #41
Yeah that's true, if you just look back through this thread you'll see how much stuff I tried..
I wish I had Collector's Edition

Raxwars
01.13.2012 , 02:41 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Etot View Post
Yeah that's true, if you just look back through this thread you'll see how much stuff I tried..
and you might not even scratched the real problem, because no1 has any idea of what it consists.

Etot
01.14.2012 , 01:18 AM | #43
Update: I installed and patched a complete SWTOR game on Dad's laptop (it worked there) and transferred it over to my computer via flash drive. Still doesn't work. Mr. Service Droid; any other tips or insight into what the problem might be?

Etot
01.14.2012 , 11:55 PM | #44
I just wanted to give a quick bump to see if the Droids have come up with anything new to try.

Things I've tried now,

Downloading Origin and launching it from there
Running Launcher.exe in Safe Mode+Networking
And countless other small things I can't even remember at this point.

I called customer support and they sent me an email which I responded too with some basic info (DxDiag) and have not received a response. I think it sucks to just be hanging here with nothing, absolute nothing to try, and no responses from support droids...

Kazuu
01.07.2013 , 12:37 PM | #45
Hoping you get an answer because I am having the exact same problem. The setup.exe from my disc never loads anything and the download never gets past loading anything beyond C:\users\hedev\AppData\local\Temp\InstallSWTOR\set up.exe ] once it reaches that point (and it gets there real quick) the dialog box disappears and nothing else happens.

I have unplugged from the internet and disabled Maleware Bytes and Norton even though I have SWTOR setup as an exception, and I still get nothing more from the disc than the initial startup screen and never get past the same point on the downloaded setup.exe. Funny thing is I have had no problems with my home computer which has a very similar setup.

Cerimon
01.07.2013 , 01:53 PM | #46 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Kazuu,

Please run the game installation after performing a clean boot.

Performing a clean boot will ensure there is no software interfering with the install process, so try to install the game while booted in this 'clean' mode.

Do let us know if you need more help.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Packetdancer
01.07.2013 , 03:25 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazuu View Post
Hoping you get an answer because I am having the exact same problem. The setup.exe from my disc never loads anything and the download never gets past loading anything beyond C:\users\hedev\AppData\local\Temp\InstallSWTOR\set up.exe ] once it reaches that point (and it gets there real quick) the dialog box disappears and nothing else happens.
Make sure to quit FRAPS, Ventrilo, RadeonPro, WindowBlinds, DLLFixer, Ivilinx Download Manager or Dell's "PremiereColor" color management tool if any of them are running, then try running the setup program again. Rebooting in safe mode + networking as noted just above should handle all of those for you, but it might be quicker to just quit the offending program if you can spot one of that list running.
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide