Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To all the people white-knighting for bioware..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
To all the people white-knighting for bioware..

rawlph
12.14.2011 , 08:54 AM | #1
..ever heard of the Stockholm-Syndrome

..it doesn't just apply for hostage-taking

Rakashan
12.14.2011 , 08:57 AM | #2
Ever heard of IT support? It doesn't just apply to MMOs either. Some of us get exactly what they are doing.

Literacy, however, apparently *does* apply to a limited few these days. You're not missing out on anything that they promised and they're not doing anything that was not explicitly made clear in the advertizing months ago.

MrFisky
12.14.2011 , 08:57 AM | #3
You do realize BioWare hasn't kidnapped us, right? Therefore the Stockholm Syndrome does not apply.

Edit: Apparently, I am unable to read, rofl.

Carltronus
12.14.2011 , 08:58 AM | #4
Not defending Bioware really.

I just think people are blowing a -game- well out of proportion, like its a worse crime than letting millions of African children starve to death.

Get angry about something real, and not a luxury.

grumppa
12.14.2011 , 08:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rakashan View Post
Ever heard of IT support? It doesn't just apply to MMOs either. Some of us get exactly what they are doing.

Literacy, however, apparently *does* apply to a limited few these days. You're not missing out on anything that they promised and they're not doing anything that was not explicitly made clear in the advertizing months ago.
Ok so what they actually doing champ? Heres my two penneth....they are running another Beta under the guise of early access.

SW-GamerNgeek
12.14.2011 , 08:59 AM | #6
Or maybe...just maybe...we agree with what they are doing?

They've said since the start that the earlier you registered your code, the earlier you got in. It's that simple. They didn't hide it, lie, or change it, /except to give you two extra days/.

People who can't read or understand...well, pardon me if I'm not concerned with them.

Xeres-
12.14.2011 , 08:59 AM | #7
It's

a

game.

Deathforged
12.14.2011 , 08:59 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rakashan View Post

Lets talk about advertizing. There is still an add that says "order now and get up to 5 days early access". Why have that add up beyond October when it was painfully obvious that pre-ordering at that point there would be 0 chance of 5 days?

Vant
12.14.2011 , 09:00 AM | #9
I'm Black-Knighting for BioWare thank you very much.

Sakima
12.14.2011 , 09:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MrFisky View Post
You do realize BioWare hasn't kidnapped us, right? Therefore the Stockholm Syndrome does not apply.

Edit: Apparently, I am unable to read, rofl.

In the world of nerd rage being made to wait equates to kidnapping.

Hell I'm surprised the whiners haven't compared BW to Nazi Germany already. It is the internet after all and you're only ever 3 posts away before a Nazi/Hitler comparison is made.