Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speeder vendors

monimoni
01.12.2012 , 07:47 AM | #1
I just dinged 40 and I bought the level 40 speeder skill. Where do I buy a level 40 speeder?

Also, should I buy the level 40 speeder - is it significantly faster than the level 25 one? Or should I just wait til 50 and buy a level 50 one. I'm light side, and I know there's a level 50 light side speeder you can buy for 99k, but I can't see what it looks like. I wonder if it looks good.

Thanks in advance.

Zorpen
01.12.2012 , 07:48 AM | #2
Fleet or Quesh (afair)
Its 10% speed increase.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.

Bida
01.12.2012 , 07:55 AM | #3
Try the fleet. The speeder vendor is near the dark side vendor. He has display models and everything.

Dasffion
01.12.2012 , 07:57 AM | #4
If you've already spent 210k on the skill you might as well go ahead and spend another 25k on the bike.

Duckfather
01.12.2012 , 08:31 AM | #5
You also get a slight bonus to protection against being knocked off if you agro a mob while driving past them

Land_of_Shishio
01.12.2012 , 08:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Duckfather View Post
You also get a slight bonus to protection against being knocked off if you agro a mob while driving past them
As he said you can get alot more damage before your mount explode.

publicFunction
01.12.2012 , 08:37 AM | #7
I must say I do not think the speed advantages are worth the credits...

I was not going to get the 3rd rank (310,000), but when i dinged 50 and got my final set of training i accidently bought the licence, so I had to get the Dark V speeder (99,000).

I think the speeder differences dhould be much greater for the price tag, I feel it should go...

Rank 1: 90% faster than walking
Rank 2: 120% faster than walking
Rank 3: 150% faster than walking

Maybe then I won't feel as ripped off.
Mauline (Sith - Juggernaut) - Uthar Wynn(EU)
Sheldor(IA - Op) - Uther Wynn(EU)
"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's and engery field created by all living things, it surrounds us. It penetrates us. It binds the Galaxy together."

Duckfather
01.12.2012 , 08:41 AM | #8
I haven't got to lvl 50 yet, but the difference between the lvl 25 (90% speed) and lvl 40 (100% speed) seems negligable to me.

However, it was worth it for me to get a nicer looking speeder and the aforementioned protection bonus

Sydth
02.05.2012 , 05:27 AM | #9
has anyone seen any sources that show all speeder locations?

I've seen certain speeders sold in multiple places offering a different style of the same exact speeder (lvl, speed, cost). For example the Gurian Scorpion sold at Fleet is a charcoal black with red lights and exhaust while the same speeder sold on Alderaan (yes, same price, lvl, rank) is an army green with blue lights and exhaust. This bike is not sold on Tatooine or Quesh.

I don't want to get one of these 25k speeders to find another style that makes me drool. Haven't had much luck online for a general list of all speeder vendors.
Aku'salaVyadh'iPårüshå
Harbinger

“You seem about as trustworthy as a used-speeder salesman"
"Really? Most people find me harmless and kind of charming. Never mind."

Quiet
02.05.2012 , 06:23 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Duckfather View Post
This was the only reason why I spent the credits to get the next level speeder traning.

The extra protection really does make a difference when riding by level 50 elites.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).