Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

Jaidan
01.15.2012 , 02:15 PM | #61
the difference is your character's motivation.

the sith warrior is out to gain personal power within the empire.

the inquisitor is out simply to gain personal power.

hence the differences. the warrior is going out hunting down the enemies of the empire, corrupting padawans to strengthen the empire, eliminating personal threats to your own rise within the ranks, etc.

the inquisitor is playing a game that doesn't involve trillions of lives, its just about acquiring power for yourself. if the empire rises, that's all well and good, but inconsequential so long as you personally get stronger. which is why you're out hunting for artifacts and playing the game with your master, to see who is the stronger one on one.

i do like the warrior story better, but see nothing wrong with the inquisitor arc either. i thought zash was fleshed out well enough, and viewed from the right angle, it makes perfect sense to be doing what you're doing.

Vulta
01.15.2012 , 05:11 PM | #62
Honestly overall it feels like the Sith warrior is more of an inquisitor than the inquisitor itself is.

Probably doesn't help that I find most of the inqs companions to be not interesting at all. Useful yes, interesting no.

Rouge
01.15.2012 , 07:35 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Logisitcs View Post
LOL LOL LOL I can't stop laughing from this! Why would Bioware get some person who didn't even finish college to write this! Did they run out of money LMAO were they on a budget this is just too funny!
As usual in Anglo-Saxon countries, she had only a lower university degree, BA. That can carry you very far in Anglo-Saxon countries. There are university lecturers with nothing more.

In her case, she got into a MA degree program and so studies for a higher university degree.

Moving into the subject... If SWs story is the latest chronologically in Imps, then that would mean that SI is among the Dark Council in the SWs final scene.
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.

Girdeux
01.15.2012 , 07:44 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Rouge View Post
As usual in Anglo-Saxon countries, she had only a lower university degree, BA. That can carry you very far in Anglo-Saxon countries. There are university lecturers with nothing more.

In her case, she got into a MA degree program and so studies for a higher university degree.

Moving into the subject... If SWs story is the latest chronologically in Imps, then that would mean that SI is among the Dark Council in the SWs final scene.
The SW ending happens earlier then the SI's since Thanatons on the council. Seems like the SW's story ends the first out of the 4 empire classes.

Rouge
01.15.2012 , 07:47 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
The SW ending happens earlier then the SI's since Thanatons on the council. Seems like the SW's story ends the first out of the 4 empire classes.
Interesting. I hadn't noticed Thanaton in the videos that I've watched.
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.

Darth_Vicente
01.16.2012 , 08:30 AM | #66
It would have been so much better if they hadn't hyped up with such things as "If you like scheming and politics and discovering the secrets of the Dark Side..." and "The Inquisitor is more of the schemer, behind the scenes". "The Sith Warrior is more if you want a direct confrontation, knocking down doors type"

It's almost like the SI and SW got their character sheets mixed up. The Sith Inquisitor barely lies, bluntly charges in to everything, doesn't have anything to do with the political climate of the Empire. When I bought off Lord Cinneratas on Quesh, I thought "Oh, finally, a political angle, I can unravel Thanaton's power base and add it to my own".... NOPE. What's the very next thing I hear about him? Thanaton killed him.

If Bioware hadn't hyped up the SI story to be something it's not, I'd have been a lot happier. The story isn't *terrible*, and gameplay-wise, it's my ideal class. But I *wanted* a story about dealing with Sith Politics in the Empire.

A good place for that to have started would be dealing with Darth Skotia. Instead of getting a device that would let me beat him down (a very warrior mentality), I should have convinced his allies to turn on him, resulting in him being poorly maintained and break down during the fight.

And as for "Discovering the secrets of the Dark Side"? Would it have been so hard for our character to LOOK at the holocrons and writings he or she was picking up before delivery?

All-in-all, where the SI story ends gives some opportunity for scheming and politics in future installments, I really feel that how we got there was honestly what I say the Warrior's story should be (no offense to them)

Inquisitors should have obtained their power by out-scheming Thanaton and usurping his power base, not beating down his door, killing everyone he threw at you, and proceeding to beat down his door again, and again, and again.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

Pravis
01.16.2012 , 12:13 PM | #67
It sounds like a lot of people have blinders on with the SW story arc. The SW arc plays out like you are a tool for someone higher....a powerful tool....that eventually turns on the master it had for the majority. Only to become the new tool for an even higher power. The arc coincides with the playstyle and dialogue choices where you are sent running from place to place with sabers blazing, kicking butt and taking names. There is no mind fames being played and the majority of "smart" dialogue the SW has almost always has you looking somewhat foolish as your opponent is wittier.

Its on the same level as the SI and different to match what you would expect. I have a SW and my wife plays SI...into act 3, and I've read the spoilers for both (she hasnt because she loves to be surprised).

TLDR...both have invoked stories which fit the class and are equally well written.

CommieKras
01.16.2012 , 09:40 PM | #68
Sith Inquisitor is so much like every other BioWare story it's not even funny. You have to go collect the 3-4 plot devices (Dwarves, Elves, Humans in DA:O; Feros, Noveria, Virmire in Mass Effect; the Star Maps in Kotor...).

Act 1 - Collect items for a ritual you care nothing about while knowing you are going to be betrayed. It's so obvious I became nauseous.

Act 2 - Collect ghosts because you are such a weakling the only way you could possibly win is to cheat. Ghostbusters the video game? Also there's some guy who wants to kill you because it's standard procedure to liquidate the powerbase of a fallen Sith? So now my antagonist is some zealous bureaucrat? Compelling.

Act 3 - Collect cures for your ghost cancer because you're weak and stupid and, like a fat kid on Halloween, you ate too much goodies too fast and now you have a wicked tummy ache.

For a character class supposedly based on the great schemer Palpatine, there is no deception, no lying, no corrupting, nothing politically intriguing at all.

I should apply for a writing position at BioWare. Can't be too hard to get in all things considered.
YOU WANT PRAY GOOD GAME? NO. END OF LINE. DING DONG BANNU.

Vulta
01.17.2012 , 01:00 PM | #69
From what I've been reading people are saying that the Sith Inq got a junior writer or something for the story class. If that's true, wth was bioware thinking, why would you put a junior writer for a main piece of the game?

Sauzer
01.17.2012 , 02:05 PM | #70
It's not even about wether SI becomes the ultimate powerhouse in charge of the empire or not or wether SW is forever someones lapdog.

I jsut got my SW through Balmorra.

Even disregarding all the quests that lead you to your final class objective on Balmorra. As a SW I got to fight "elite" republic squad, undercover warhero, jedi knight investigator.

Then remembering that my SI got to kill a bunch of toxic bugs for all his efforts... yeah.

I dont care if my SW might never become number uno. Even if it makes me the strongest being in the universe I dont want to kill bugs for my final class quest. Or chase the enemies around the desert only to find they're already dead in the end.
Might be a bit harsh, but hey I'm still pissed for not being able to turn Ashara.