Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

Alandross
01.23.2013 , 03:06 PM | #151
I have to agree with the OP.

When the game launched a year ago I started a Sith Warrior (SW) and my wife started a Sith Inquisitor (SI). We played together until she stopped playing at level 20, she was pretty bored with the storyline... on the other hand I couldn't stop playing, in about 2-3 weeks I maxed out my character.

A few months later I started a SI and caught up with her and now we have both our SI's about level 42.

To me the SW story is a solid 10x better overall. The SW is more interesting than the SI to me, Baras is more interesting than Zash, the story involves more of you being competent and accomplishing things yourself... while ...

Spoiler

With that I still think the SI story is ok and waaay better than any other MMO story and better than most single player stories.

dacentabaal
02.01.2013 , 09:31 PM | #152
SW hands down, he has the power and keeps the power growing, SI needed the help of 4 ghosts, on top of that at the end it wasnt even him/her than killed Thanaton only weakened him.. The other Dark Council member did that for him.

Also, you give up your ghosts at the end.. putting you back into a weakened state like you was when you couldnt even mark Thanaton. So all you will have is luck that no one ever challenges your position on the Dark Council and wipes the floor with you to take your place.

Reminds me of Darth Xedrix, who was killed by Lord Scourge (Revan novel) he was weak and just put on a show whilst on the DC, like the SI will be doing whilst seating in his DC, wheras the SW is the right hand man of the Emperor himself and has a mass powerbase and literally has the power to wipe the floor with most enemies, if it was a straight out fight (story wise) between SW and SI.. SW wouldnt even need to break a sweat against SI, the only thing he would need to worry about would be Khem
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

Chaloss
02.02.2013 , 01:23 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by dacentabaal View Post
SW hands down, he has the power and keeps the power growing, SI needed the help of 4 ghosts, on top of that at the end it wasnt even him/her than killed Thanaton only weakened him.. The other Dark Council member did that for him.

Also, you give up your ghosts at the end.. putting you back into a weakened state like you was when you couldnt even mark Thanaton. So all you will have is luck that no one ever challenges your position on the Dark Council and wipes the floor with you to take your place.

Reminds me of Darth Xedrix, who was killed by Lord Scourge (Revan novel) he was weak and just put on a show whilst on the DC, like the SI will be doing whilst seating in his DC, wheras the SW is the right hand man of the Emperor himself and has a mass powerbase and literally has the power to wipe the floor with most enemies, if it was a straight out fight (story wise) between SW and SI.. SW wouldnt even need to break a sweat against SI, the only thing he would need to worry about would be Khem
So much bashing SI...Currently SI powerbase is way above warriors on account of fleet alone. Second you assume warrior would not have been killed by Darth Thanaton, there is more to DS than just lightsaber. Also just so you know releasing ghosts does not always happen, in fact Dark V can't even do that if I remember correctly (I am LS myself so not 100% sure on conditions for that) and that is assuming joining was not forced.

I like both SW and SI stories, both of them had good and bad in them. I kinda like how they ended with one being member of Dark Council and other being tool of Emperor. That was quite nice way to avoid one becoming servant of another or both sharing same end. They have no power over each other really. I would say Inquisitor has more direct power overall, but Warrior is more feared than Inquisitor.

SithKoriandr
02.02.2013 , 01:53 AM | #154
My Inquisitor is Lightside 2 or 3. She kept the ghosts (except for one who said they can't be contained since they both made a pact, and then left) and they actually wanted to stay with her.

Yeah, Inquisitor doesn' deliver the final blow in the Inquisitor storyline, but I didn't feel robbed, more like interrupted. It made for a good story...

Thanaton: Counsel! We can not allow this!
Counsel: Live by the code. *kills him* Die by the code.

However, I knew and I'm sure the Counsel knew my Inquisitor could have easily finished him off at that point.

Personally, I quite liked the Inquisitor storyline, I didn't however, care for Ashara. Of course my Inquisitor likely wouldn't have tried to turn her fully darkside either, at the same time, she was just to whiney.

Beniboybling
02.02.2013 , 05:37 AM | #155
Just got to Coreilla as my SW - the story just keeps getting better and better. Especially:
Spoiler
The Sith Inquisitor story can't hold a candle to the SW story, I mean its good but compared to the others stories its not that good. BH is still my favorite so far though.

Chaloss
02.02.2013 , 05:48 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Just got to Coreilla as my SW - the story just keeps getting better and better. Especially:
Spoiler
The Sith Inquisitor story can't hold a candle to the SW story, I mean its good but compared to the others stories its not that good. BH is still my favorite so far though.
For my taste SW story overdid itself, kinda like Pazaak with going over 20. Voss was first crack and Corelia sealed it. I would say Inquisitor story gets about 18 and Warrior went to 23 :P

But I would still put SW story ahead of BH.

dacentabaal
02.02.2013 , 06:08 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaloss View Post
So much bashing SI...Currently SI powerbase is way above warriors on account of fleet alone.
You would also notice I said "(Story Wise)" not player wise, you know going on the lore of the story not a player playing that character, heck I have 3 SI's and only 1 SW, but for me its still SW
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

DarthRamette
02.02.2013 , 11:24 AM | #158
If you play your SW right you have your own power base, you can keep
Spoiler
Yes you do beat Baras in the end but Thanaton seems like a little whiny bit&* compared to Baras.

SithKoriandr
02.02.2013 , 11:32 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
If you play your SW right you have your own power base, you can keep
Spoiler
Yes you do beat Baras in the end but Thanaton seems like a little whiny bit&* compared to Baras.
But Thanaton putsup the harder fight. gameplay wise anyways

Slowpokeking
02.15.2013 , 08:37 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
But Thanaton putsup the harder fight. gameplay wise anyways
No, Thanaton is easy, Baras let me wiped many times.