Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

Russkiier
08.30.2012 , 10:23 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Calax View Post
What exactly were you saying then? The only thing that you've pointed out is that the Inquistor is "a good fighter" and "Has power". But we don't see any major demonstrations of that power within the story.

You complain about the meteoric rise of the SI, Even though the Empire works on the basis of "More power, more authority", which means if you're exceptionally powerful and are able to avoid the political mires, you're going to end up in a VERY high position very fast (you could argue the Warriors is a faster rise).

You say that the Inquisitor is the one initiating all their actions. But ignore the fact that You had to be saved by your gramps to even START act 2. And then most of your actions in Act 2 are prompted by your companions or gramps in the first place.

Understand THIS is what we were promised:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAKCC1eqNFw

But where did we backstab anyone? Where did we infiltrate, where did we hide our hand and build a conspiracy and then pull off an Ozymandias style "I did it 30 minutes ago"? That's my point, we didn't do any of that, instead we were just told to gather macguffins, and we went about it with all the grace of an elephant in musk.
I was unaware of that video, and can definitely see how expecting whats shown in the video could lead to dissapointment on the released version of the SI story. The little snippets of story shown seem really interesting and its a shame that it didn't make it to release. To make up for that problem, play an agent, im loving the story!

MyLordThane
01.05.2013 , 03:45 AM | #142
I'm very new to SWTOR (got it for christmas) and started my first character as an SI because i've always preferred to use magic in MMOs and I've always preferred sith so, why not. Im only lvl 20 now and the gameplay is amazing as SI because i love just walking up to a crowd of troopers and frying them to ashes. From what I've read the SW seems like he's more of a darth vader-style kill everyone in the room then leave like nothing happened. I've seen the SI story on YT and during Act 1 i just kept wanting to say to the overseer "Let me kill him... let me kill him... let me kill him" then the story went to saying "Very well" "Yes my master" to Zash and doing whatever she wanted. But to me after you kill thanaton you are sitting on a throne of power that (hopefully in expansions) will make you be able to fry an SW with on Shock.

lokdron
01.05.2013 , 05:18 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Calax View Post
What exactly were you saying then? The only thing that you've pointed out is that the Inquistor is "a good fighter" and "Has power". But we don't see any major demonstrations of that power within the story.

You complain about the meteoric rise of the SI, Even though the Empire works on the basis of "More power, more authority", which means if you're exceptionally powerful and are able to avoid the political mires, you're going to end up in a VERY high position very fast (you could argue the Warriors is a faster rise).

You say that the Inquisitor is the one initiating all their actions. But ignore the fact that You had to be saved by your gramps to even START act 2. And then most of your actions in Act 2 are prompted by your companions or gramps in the first place.

Understand THIS is what we were promised:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAKCC1eqNFw

But where did we backstab anyone? Where did we infiltrate, where did we hide our hand and build a conspiracy and then pull off an Ozymandias style "I did it 30 minutes ago"? That's my point, we didn't do any of that, instead we were just told to gather macguffins, and we went about it with all the grace of an elephant in musk.
Cries that video so many lies I was so excited for the SI story bioware hyped it as the DARTH SIDIOUS experience lawl nope. Nothing like that what I got was Indiana jones, ghost hunter and ghost buster. Then my friend was telling me how awesome the SW story was once I hit 50 with my SI i started up a sith warrior and i got my darth sidious experience.

Let me give you an example on nar shadda you gotta deal with your masters rival on that planet. You slowly start dismantling his plans and then you find some republic troops you then have several choices you can kill them which is a dark side choice. Or draft them into your service (neutral) I picked drafting them and of course since the rival has his power base he is going to use it in battle so I called the republic soldiers that owed me and they helped me in battle.

Plus gave me a crit chance buff after all is said and done my master wanted me to kill the said rival as per orders but lawl nope instead I made him swear fealty to me since he is the kind of sith with a sense of "honor" and then I turned around to the republic soldiers. I killed their captain and told the rest to run since I no longer have use of them(which is a dark choice).
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Bird_of_Thunder
01.06.2013 , 04:45 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by JawaJedi View Post
SI=becomes second to One in Empire, major power player
SW=becomes someones *****, no real power
SW=More Powerful at the end???
thats incorrect. The WARRIOR becomes second to one as he/she becomes the Emperor's Wrath, essentially the personal executioner and enforcerer to the Emperor himself. The Inquisitor does have power, but is still on the Dark Council. The Wrath outranks pretty much everyone on the council, except for the head of the Dark Council (Darth Marr). The Inquisitor has a powerbase and more underlings at his/her command, but he/she is simply a Dark Council member.

In conclusion, the Wrath is physically more powerful at the end of the two stories. When the Inquisitor defeated Thanaton, a Dark Council member, with aid of four Force ghosts. FOUR FORCE GHOSTS, whereas the Wrath beat Baras, also on the Dark Council, but he/she didn't have any type of Force enhancement, only their own training.

So essentially:
SI: Member of the Dark Council, giving them respect and prestige
SW: Emperor's Wrath, second only to the Emperor, giving them more prestige and respect
SW: More powerful at the end
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Bird_of_Thunder
01.06.2013 , 04:55 PM | #145
Anyway, I played both stories (SI as a sorc, SW as a marauder), and I did feel that the Warrior story was much better. I felt more powerful after I drove Nomen Kare crazy and took Jaesa as my apprentice, even more powerful when I killed Vengean, even more powerful at the beginning of Chapter 3, and most powerful when I killed Baras and was officially recognized as the Emperor's Wrath at the end.

At the beginning of Chapter 3:
Spoiler

I didn't feel at all like Sidious when I finished the story. I felt more like Starkiller, as at the end of both TFU and SW story, you kill your master (supposing you take the Dark Side ending in TFU). Throughout the story, I felt like Darth Ravvok (that's my marauder's name), and not at all like some canonical Sith.

I played the warrior story twice: Once with marauder, then with juggernaut. Honestly it felt like it was more marauder than juggernaut based story.

Best part of the SW story was Draahg. Classic betrayal, then you beat him (supposedly burning him to death), he comes back, ya beat him again. Maybe we'll see more of Draahg the Eternal in a later chapter (I hope we do!)
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

BrianDavion
01.06.2013 , 05:01 PM | #146
for the record the exact power base the SI has basicly would likely consist primarily of the Imperial reclaimation corps.

Beniboybling
01.07.2013 , 05:09 AM | #147
OK at first I liked the SI story, it was the first one I did and I thought the Prologue was really good, and I mean really good. Korriban for the SI remains my favourite planet, it was all just so exciting. And then one of my favourite SWTOR characters turns up, Darth Zash, and fries stupid Ffon. I really like Zash because she's bitter sweet, she's peculiarly friendly and nice but has a real mean streak in her. And I really like Khem too, and his relationship with Zash, and then she gets stuck in him and I was like YES! Two of my favourite SWTOR characters have been combined!

Then it started to go down hill, after Act 2 this guy called Thanaton turns up, I liked that bit with him betraying you and so on. But then when I expected to take him down through manipulation and stuff, I just get Zash & Co telling me what to do. Really frustrating, they just became glorified quest givers and I did what they said. But I enjoyed collecting ghosts because I could almost fell myself growing STRONGER! But it dragged on a bit and I really felt like 'shouldn't I be bashing the Republic or something', I did like the ending, the Kaggath was cool and ascending to the Dark Council was very fulfilling. But then I played the BH, and realised, this is how it should be done. And in hindsight realised the SI storyline wasn't that great, the BH story is just awesome. And pitch perfect.

But the SI storyline was still good, and a favourite of mine. However after Act 3 it falls flat, and I mean flat on its face. I mean, I'M A MEMBER OF THE DARK COUNCIL, what in the Force's name am I doing running around Ilum doing quests for random NPCs! And what is Malgus doing pretending to be in charge 'You asked for the Dark Council's aid, well here I am!' YOUR NOT EVEN ON THE DARK COUNCIL! I AM! GET LOST! I'M-IN-CHARGE! But thats just it, I'm not. NPCs are still bossing me about and telling me to go there, do that etc etc. So when Makeb is released I just know I'm going to have a hard time playing it, because I'm one of those story loving guys. And I'm going to have a hard time justifying running about the place bashing Hutt minions when I should be commanding my vast power base and having grunts do my dirty work. But I see now way of getting around this... they've just made the SI too important. :P

Oh well, guess I'll just play by BH. Republic's Most Wanted! Killed your stupid Chancellor! Took revenge on your stupid Battlemaster! (EPIC revenge) Most Vital Asset of Darth Tormen! GO BOUNTY HUNTER!

Chaloss
01.07.2013 , 05:41 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
thats incorrect. The WARRIOR becomes second to one as he/she becomes the Emperor's Wrath, essentially the personal executioner and enforcerer to the Emperor himself. The Inquisitor does have power, but is still on the Dark Council. The Wrath outranks pretty much everyone on the council, except for the head of the Dark Council (Darth Marr). The Inquisitor has a powerbase and more underlings at his/her command, but he/she is simply a Dark Council member.

In conclusion, the Wrath is physically more powerful at the end of the two stories. When the Inquisitor defeated Thanaton, a Dark Council member, with aid of four Force ghosts. FOUR FORCE GHOSTS, whereas the Wrath beat Baras, also on the Dark Council, but he/she didn't have any type of Force enhancement, only their own training.

So essentially:
SI: Member of the Dark Council, giving them respect and prestige
SW: Emperor's Wrath, second only to the Emperor, giving them more prestige and respect
SW: More powerful at the end
I really want to see what reference you have about this because all points to Dark Council and Wrath being in different power structures which are connected at Emperor.

ShupFace
01.19.2013 , 06:59 PM | #149
I really wanted to like the Sith Inquisitor's story. And there were some great ideas in there. I enjoyed Korriban a lot. The Zash/Khem Val storyline was very cool. I really enjoyed the gradual manipulation of Ashara (preferable in many ways to Jaesa's headlong plunge into darkness) and hope to see it continue.

But, I really felt like Acts 2 and 3 didn't work.

Spoiler

DAWUSS
01.19.2013 , 10:43 PM | #150
The SI is a more interesting character while the SW has a more important role.

I found SI to be more interesting as a light sided character (at least starting off), considering that the SI has essentially been treated like crap since Day 1. You know, the whole "I'm not going to be like them, I'm going to be better than them!" line.

The SW is a little different, seeing as the SW is essentially the Special Sith.