Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem guide

bklynfinest
01.11.2012 , 12:05 PM | #1
Folks, is there a good biochem guide out there?

DarthTHC
01.11.2012 , 12:26 PM | #2
It's not like it's hard.

Get mats. Craft orange and yellow schematics. If standard greens don't sell on GTN, RE them. Every 20 skill points visit your trainer for new schematics. Rinse, repeat with the next level of schematics.

Check your GTN for purple/reusable stuff you want like healing kits, stims, and adrenals. Generally it's more cost effective to buy them than to RE into them.

KapitanAwesome
01.11.2012 , 12:43 PM | #3
It is a pretty simple profession, using biochemistry and bioanalysis you just craft implants nonstop and sell them at the auction for 4000-8000 each. If you craft one with an open augment slot, then spend 100-500 credits at the auction for an augment and sell that implant for 2-3 times more than usual.

Reverse Engineering sucks, I've destroyed 100 or so implants for a few blue and purple recipes.

Doing that has gotten both my skills to 400, with 500,000 credits leftover.

Putok
01.11.2012 , 12:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KapitanAwesome View Post
It is a pretty simple profession, using biochemistry and bioanalysis you just craft implants nonstop and sell them at the auction for 4000-8000 each. If you craft one with an open augment slot, then spend 100-500 credits at the auction for an augment and sell that implant for 2-3 times more than usual.

Reverse Engineering sucks, I've destroyed 100 or so implants for a few blue and purple recipes.

Doing that has gotten both my skills to 400, with 500,000 credits leftover.
It usually only takes me a couple REs to get a blue pattern, but getting the purples (especially a good purple) can take far more time.

I agree that selling implants is a great way to level and pay stuff off. If you're still leveling, it's probably worth REing for the better versions of stuff you can use, ESPECIALLY consumables. Getting each rank of those re-uable medpacks makes your life way easier, and lets you solo a lot of things that would be kinda hard otherwise.

Leilei
01.11.2012 , 12:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Putok View Post
It usually only takes me a couple REs to get a blue pattern, but getting the purples (especially a good purple) can take far more time.

I agree that selling implants is a great way to level and pay stuff off. If you're still leveling, it's probably worth REing for the better versions of stuff you can use, ESPECIALLY consumables. Getting each rank of those re-uable medpacks makes your life way easier, and lets you solo a lot of things that would be kinda hard otherwise.
Depends on your luck.
I just got my blue keen and mettle lvl 45 mod learned after I RE'd about 70 of each. -.-

KapitanAwesome
01.12.2012 , 10:06 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Putok View Post
I've only had that kind of luck with the re-usable health packs, never taking more than 10 reverse engineers to get the purple.

But implants are still unlucky. I just destroyed another 10 green level 37-45 implants I got off the auction cheaply, and a few level 33 blues. I even tried going to my ship, REing different implants, and looking into a mirror as I did it, but no luck.

ryanko
01.12.2012 , 10:10 AM | #7
I'm going to be switching from artifice to this. Pretty retarded only biochem can use the reusable stints and med packs.