Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why the Prequel Trilogy was TERRIBLE, right here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why the Prequel Trilogy was TERRIBLE, right here!

malevolunze's Avatar


malevolunze
01.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RandalFlagg View Post
Thanks to Red Letter Media I dont even consider the prequels part of the Star Wars Universe anymore. Everything that was stated in those reviews are %100 truth. To me, the only reason those movies were even made was to bulk up George Lucas' bank account.

.... Look what he did with Indiana Jones.
Email him if you want a pizz roll!

Gun_Slinger's Avatar


Gun_Slinger
01.11.2012 , 12:55 PM | #22
I'm glad some people who actually watched the review responded...seriously though, those of you who said "critics blah blah blah" or "opinion blah blah blah," I would say definitely watch the review. He is not a paid critic, he is an uber fan that analyses the plot, production values, and even uses clips of interview with lucas and others on the production crew, and some production clips. It's pretty objecive, while also being hilarious:

Like when Obi and Qui are on the trade federation ship, contemplating going down to the surface of Naboo. The decision to split up while they do this is addressed hilariously: "It increases your chances of getting caught BY 100%!!!!" Plus some other stuff about not knowing if they would land a whole continent away, etc.
"It's a trap!" "Your tastebuds can't repel firepower of this magnitude!"

malevolunze's Avatar


malevolunze
01.11.2012 , 12:59 PM | #23
Im going to start a thread telling people about the reviews

Mechavomit's Avatar


Mechavomit
01.11.2012 , 12:59 PM | #24
Quote:
And no, as long as someone likes something that is considered art, there's no such thing as bad art.
Well liking something =/= it having good quality.
There is bad art. Cheap, uncreative and amateuristic. I see it everyday.

I loved the prequels, I basically know episode III by heart, but I do agree, that it's not that good movie-wise. It's not HORRIBLE as OP said, but it's not great. Still, I remeber the the CHAOS in theaters when it was released =)

Seductivpancakes's Avatar


Seductivpancakes
01.11.2012 , 01:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechavomit View Post
Well liking something =/= it having good quality.
There is bad art. Cheap, uncreative and amateuristic. I see it everyday.

I loved the prequels, I basically know episode III by heart, but I do agree, that it's not that good movie-wise. It's not HORRIBLE as OP said, but it's not great. Still, I remeber the the CHAOS in theaters when it was released =)
I sort of agree, and when I think there's no such thing as bad art as if someone likes it, even though I hate it, I won't tell that person, "Its bad, and its a fact."

Cause that's the kind of attitude, I receive from most people who don't like the sequels.

And one of my main reasons why I liked the sequels was, Jedis, Jedis, Jedis.
I got hyped when Obi wan talked about the Jedi before they were extinct, and combine this with novels and comics, I was excited to see multiple Jedis on screen.

Mechavomit's Avatar


Mechavomit
01.11.2012 , 01:14 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Seductivpancakes View Post
And one of my main reasons why I liked the sequels was, Jedis, Jedis, Jedis.
I got hyped when Obi wan talked about the Jedi before they were extinct, and combine this with novels and comics, I was excited to see multiple Jedis on screen.
Oh my god, YES! The OT didn't have enough Jedis. Like, no Jedis at all. And all those comics and novels how the rest of them are being destroyed in horrble ways make me a sad panda beause I really like Jedis... I like the Clone Wars too (don't judge me D: )

Also a good reason for me to hate the Yuuzhan Vong times. Why would someone create an ugly race that just comes and destroys the galaxy we loved so much? Why?
But again, just my opinion.

BawssMcgee's Avatar


BawssMcgee
01.11.2012 , 02:00 PM | #27
I disagree with this guys point of view on characters...

He has a segment where you must describe a character without saying his name or anything like costumes.

On the Queen everyone says "that's impossible" no actually.. She's strong, believes in doing what's right, loves her planet, will do anything to protect what she believes in....
Level 50 Sorcerer - Helm of Garush

Akalayus's Avatar


Akalayus
01.11.2012 , 02:14 PM | #28
Except that she's boring and we can't really relate to her as an audience. In fact, you don't even know who the real queen is until the end of the movie.
[Insert creative saying/quote/etc here]

Kharnis's Avatar


Kharnis
01.11.2012 , 02:29 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by RandalFlagg View Post
Thanks to Red Letter Media I dont even consider the prequels part of the Star Wars Universe anymore. Everything that was stated in those reviews are %100 truth. To me, the only reason those movies were even made was to bulk up George Lucas' bank account.

.... Look what he did with Indiana Jones.
I agree. Why, before I saw RLM, I actually had the audacity to have my own opinion on whether and how much I enjoyed the prequels. But now, thanks to him, I don't have to think for myself anymore! I can have someone else decide for me whether I liked something or not.

What a wonderful time we live in!
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
01.11.2012 , 02:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Seductivpancakes View Post
Phantom Menace

Plot: Stop the invasion of a innocent planet from that is instigated by the Sith who wish to destroy the Jedi and the Republic.

The whole war was the main plot. Saving the planet from the Trade Federation.

Everything in between, like Darth Sideous and Darth Maul's actions, as well as the finding of Anakin Skywalker is to built up for the rest of the movies to follow up to complete the sequel trilogy of star wars.

I figured this out when I was in 7th grade by the way, long before I considered myself a "star wars fan"

Granted, this was probably better for a book then an actual movie.


And no, as long as someone likes something that is considered art, there's no such thing as bad art. I also dislike Twilight but a lot of people seem to like it, who am I to say that Twilight is a POS as if it was a fact.
Again LIKING something is an OPINION. Telling if something is POORLY MADE OR JUST BAD CAN BE A FACT.
By your definition then anything can be art.

by your definition this is a good bridge because someone enjoys it and therefore is art http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw

btw you didn't explain to me who the Protagonist and the Antagonist are in TPM.