Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blitz - Most useless skill ever?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Blitz - Most useless skill ever?

jedip_enguin
01.11.2012 , 04:08 AM | #1
Sure it has great dmg but the requirements (incapacitated and in melee range?) just make it seem beyond situational to the point that you're never going to be paying attention to it on the 1 in 100 chance you actually get to use it.

I'm not sure what it could be reworked into to make it a little more usable but as it is i'm not even finding it worthy of a space on my bars.

So, anybody got a rebuttal?
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Tajz
01.11.2012 , 04:12 AM | #2
I also regret for spending money to buy it... I didnt even use it at all -=-'''

Worst ability avar!

HileyQuiggley
01.11.2012 , 04:55 AM | #3
Same for me, have yet to use it

lendaugy
01.11.2012 , 10:05 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
Sure it has great dmg but the requirements (incapacitated and in melee range?) just make it seem beyond situational to the point that you're never going to be paying attention to it on the 1 in 100 chance you actually get to use it.

I'm not sure what it could be reworked into to make it a little more usable but as it is i'm not even finding it worthy of a space on my bars.

So, anybody got a rebuttal?
I use it in conjunction with stock strike and my freeze grenade, especially against a gold name plate mob..

Ill Plasma, Incendary round, Charged bolt, high impact bolt, full auto, throw a sticky grenade get in range, throw frozen grenade thing.. use Blitz than stock strike.. quite a nice rotation for pve.. even if i only use the melee attacks twice on the mob and shoot the rest of the time... still adds up

Kjetl
01.11.2012 , 10:07 AM | #5
I used it once, followed by stockstrike on my vanguard.

Let's just say, once was enough.

(Stockstrike hit for 3x as much)

JLapp
01.11.2012 , 10:19 AM | #6
As a combat medic I've used it in hard mode flashpoints or soloing to kill a weak mob pretty easily.

Charged Bolts while the tank is grabbing aggro on everything else. Explosive round to knock down and then blitz to finish off. Ammo is mostly recharged by then and I have to switch back to healing.

It only comes close to being useful on weak and standard mobs IMO...seems stupid that it does far less to strong mobs and can't be used on anything higher.

jedip_enguin
01.11.2012 , 10:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JLapp View Post
As a combat medic I've used it in hard mode flashpoints or soloing to kill a weak mob pretty easily.

Charged Bolts while the tank is grabbing aggro on everything else. Explosive round to knock down and then blitz to finish off. Ammo is mostly recharged by then and I have to switch back to healing.

It only comes close to being useful on weak and standard mobs IMO...seems stupid that it does far less to strong mobs and can't be used on anything higher.
Why waste the time running to the mob/or waiting for the mob to get to you instead of just firing of another charged bolts? Or just using full auto?
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Asperoth
01.11.2012 , 10:52 AM | #8
I like to use it whenever I have a mob/player in melee range and cryo grenade is up. Cryo grenade > blitz > stock strike puts out a nice burst of damage in a short period of time without using a lot of ammo.

It's one of those situational things. I wouldn't make an effort to try to close within melee distance to use that combo if I was at normal combat range already, but it makes sense if they have come to you.

Gotchaz
01.11.2012 , 04:40 PM | #9
I agree I would prefer an improved strike over Blitz even strike does hardly any damage and the 1 foot knock back is garbage lol

LordKivlov
01.11.2012 , 04:52 PM | #10
I love it. Makes killing trash mobs a breeze.

Everyone gets a trash-mob killing ability. Quit whining and take your free 2k damage ability.