Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hoth, nobody seems effected by the cold

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Hoth, nobody seems effected by the cold

Bielduwyn
01.11.2012 , 04:25 AM | #11
In Jedi Academy your character would receive a special outfit for the Hoth mission, that said, in the end it is up to the individual gamer to equip more... Hoth appropriate stuff while on Hoth.

You can't really force people to equip the thickest pieces of gear they have while on Hoth. Inversely you can't force people to put on a hood or hat while on Tatooine to avoid double sunburn.

YeesBox
01.11.2012 , 05:34 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bielduwyn View Post
In Jedi Academy your character would receive a special outfit for the Hoth mission, that said, in the end it is up to the individual gamer to equip more... Hoth appropriate stuff while on Hoth.

You can't really force people to equip the thickest pieces of gear they have while on Hoth. Inversely you can't force people to put on a hood or hat while on Tatooine to avoid double sunburn.
Not really sure how you meant what you said, but you most definietly could force players to do changes. However the average gamer today would be outraged at the horrors of having to use a wintercoat on an iceworld.
"We declare peace with weapons in our hands.
The choice we are making may also be evil.
But even so.... even so."

GhostRiderLSOV
01.11.2012 , 05:41 AM | #13
Or the average developer to make coats that conceal your already worn armor, so you wouldn't have to unequip it.
"Every little thing that helps."
Hile'Iteu Lightgrasp - Jedi Guardian
On the Frostclaw server

Geeluc
01.11.2012 , 05:54 AM | #14
You know what always bothered me?

On Hoth, Luke goes missing, so, Han goes to look for him. He's warned that his Tauntaun will freeze before the first marker.

Now, how come, a tauntaun, native to the icy planet freezes to death, but Han, in a jacket and hat, seems to be fine?
Putting the smug into Smuggler

GhostRiderLSOV
01.11.2012 , 06:37 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Geeluc View Post
Now, how come, a tauntaun, native to the icy planet freezes to death, but Han, in a jacket and hat, seems to be fine?
*alien guy*:
Technology.
"Every little thing that helps."
Hile'Iteu Lightgrasp - Jedi Guardian
On the Frostclaw server

Reil
01.25.2012 , 10:03 AM | #16
Sadly the devs opted to not have a "back" slot. Else it would have been easy to equip jackets or cold weather gear without affecting one's armor. I personally prefer more realism on any of the planets. Robes for Tatooine, some sort of gear for the poisons on Quesh, and definitely something heavy duty for Hoth.

I had myself sort of worked up at the thought that possibly I would have to be extra cautious on Hoth for myself and my companions (I wasn't holding my breath for it since I was just on Quesh without even a gas mask or eye protection). After having Quinn sob about not wanting to be cold, finding there were no real penalties for exposure was a bit of a let down.

Crompton
01.25.2012 , 10:04 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
So everybody on Hoth just wears the same jackets they wore on Tatooine and every other planet? I guess there's no need for big warm jackets like in Ep V when 3,000 years earlier they had super-magic jackets that had mega-thermal insulation.

Or am I just nitpicking?
Tbh i didnt feel to cold on Hoth, it must of been global warming

TheTurniipKing
01.25.2012 , 10:04 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by YeesBox View Post
Not really sure how you meant what you said, but you most definietly could force players to do changes. However the average gamer today would be outraged at the horrors of having to use a wintercoat on an iceworld.
I dunno. I'd be fine with forced costume changes in certain areas of the gameworld.

I kind of liked KOTOR's space suit sections.