Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

accidentally deleted characters cannot be restored?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
accidentally deleted characters cannot be restored?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

evileeyore
01.14.2012 , 11:00 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Farbod View Post
That actually is brilliant.
Brilliant?

That system has been in MMOs for almost ten years. Tecniques and technology Bioware has no clue exists.

seallone
01.14.2012 , 11:05 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by docktopia View Post
I accidentally deleted my main character -- yes, it was incredibly stupid and I realize that. All I can say is that it was late and I was messing around with creating a new alt and I screwed up and, bang, my main is deleted, along with his maxed-out cybertech, underworld trading, scavenging and 500,000 credits -- a lot of time put into that character.

The telephone customer service tree says that restoring a deleted character is no problem, just use the in-game ticketing system and include the character's name and level and when it was deleted; however, after submitting a ticket to the in-game system, two days went by and then someone responded by saying that deleted characters cannot be restored, and they closed the ticket.

Is that really true??
Thanks for the Laugh, Not being rude lol, so Funny.

Hopefully you will soon laugh about it. Gluck

docktopia
01.21.2012 , 01:24 PM | #23
By way of follow-up: my accidentally deleted character was restored 9 days after the initial ticket, 7 days after submitting a "SCOOBY" ticket. Yes, it took a while, but they did do it, they did it right and I am very grateful.

renegadeimp
01.21.2012 , 01:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Brilliant?

That system has been in MMOs for almost ten years. Tecniques and technology Bioware has no clue exists.
Actually it hasnt. A LOT of mmo's use the basic delete method. Especially at launch. It's only later into the game or when the game is stable that they change it.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

AlexHandley
04.20.2012 , 11:29 PM | #25
i feel your pain i did the same thing tonight i will never have toons with names starting with the same letters again i guess i miss clicked because i deleted my lvl 29 main instead of the lvl 1 after i hit enter and realized what happend i almost hurled on my laptop in 12 yrs of playing these games ive never done something so stupid i should not delete characters when ive been fighting a migraine for 4mths with no end insight i just hope i can her back because i really dont want to start over i would bang my head on my desk but since its already throbbing it probably won't help ><

Naugor
04.20.2012 , 11:47 PM | #26 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello AlexHandley,

Please create a Character Restoration ticket, listing server, name, class and level of the character you would like to restore.

Thank you for your co-operation.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support | Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

GregRizk
06.17.2012 , 12:35 PM | #27
Just woke up to having my character restored...this is the most amazing thing I've seen BW/EA do. That was some amazing *** support right there...less than 6 hours I believe...great job keep it up.....Scooby worked and everything fantastic guys just fantastic

Naugor
06.18.2012 , 12:41 AM | #28 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello GregRizk,

We are glad to hear that your character has been restored right away and everything is back in order. Thank you for the prompt feedback

If there is anything else you may need assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

For now, have fun playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support | Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Medusasin
01.20.2013 , 09:17 PM | #29
I also stupidly deleted my character. A lot of these responses are a year or so old so I was wondering if the "Scooby" keyword still works when filing a ticked?

At any rate this is my info if it helps to restore my character faster

Server: Begeren Colony

Character name: Nym'eriaa

Class: inquisitor/assassin

Level : 30

OwenBrooks
01.20.2013 , 09:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Medusasin View Post
I also stupidly deleted my character. A lot of these responses are a year or so old so I was wondering if the "Scooby" keyword still works when filing a ticked?

At any rate this is my info if it helps to restore my character faster

Server: Begeren Colony

Character name: Nym'eriaa

Class: inquisitor/assassin

Level : 30
No scooby is no longer used just submit the ticket and wait patiently