Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Combat in The Old Republic (continued from pre launch)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Space Combat in The Old Republic (continued from pre launch)

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.19.2012 , 02:31 PM | #751
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I'd say how much I went in for but if I put it in writing, I know my wife would somehow find out ...
the 10K deal + live party with the dev team??

seatown
11.20.2012 , 10:36 AM | #752
Quick quote from the Community Cantina Tour in Austin:

"Space combat additions coming soon, Dallas and the team kept it vague about specifics. More is coming and they said you should bug some guy named Ross. So if a Ross comes to your town in the future, bug him."

Not much to go on but at least we have a name... Ross...

So Ross if your'e reading this come on in and drop us a line or at least a friendly hello.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...otes-and-audio

Nethgilne
11.20.2012 , 11:00 AM | #753
Quote: Originally Posted by seatown View Post
Quick quote from the Community Cantina Tour in Austin:

"Space combat additions coming soon, Dallas and the team kept it vague about specifics. More is coming and they said you should bug some guy named Ross. So if a Ross comes to your town in the future, bug him."

Not much to go on but at least we have a name... Ross...

So Ross if your'e reading this come on in and drop us a line or at least a friendly hello.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...otes-and-audio

I've given my own interpretation of what they said on a few other treads already this morning, but i'll go a head and repeat myself here too: The speaker (i think it was Dallas) mentioned new space content coming "soon'ish" I believe that's the new on-rail missions shown at E3. Then it was hinted that new content that "[they] think we'll all be happy with" is coming some time after that. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the SSSP that no one's talking about.

Goretzu
11.20.2012 , 11:04 AM | #754
Quote: Originally Posted by Nethgilne View Post
I've given my own interpretation of what they said on a few other treads already this morning, but i'll go a head and repeat myself here too: The speaker (i think it was Dallas) mentioned new space content coming "soon'ish" I believe that's the new on-rail missions shown at E3. Then it was hinted that new content that "[they] think we'll all be happy with" is coming some time after that. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the SSSP that no one's talking about.
Yeah I'd say it was likely the new on the rails stuff (which hasn't arrived on Live yet, of course).

They did say back in may or june about "new details on the SSSP being released in a month or two", but nothing since.

I'm honestly not convinced the SSSP has been past concept stage, and if it is then only just.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Nethgilne
11.20.2012 , 11:09 AM | #755
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Yeah I'd say it was likely the new on the rails stuff (which hasn't arrived on Live yet, of course).

They did say back in may or june about "new details on the SSSP being released in a month or two", but nothing since.

I'm honestly not convinced the SSSP has been past concept stage, and if it is then only just.
I'm grasping at straws myself. But given their rounds of layoffs and the F2P transition, i'm willing to hold onto the hope for a little while longer.

If i were to throw out some wild speculations. I'd say that the new on-rail space mission will come out with 1.6 along with the new PvP map. Shortly after that should be that 1 year anniversary of launch - That'll be a REALLY good time to announce a Space expansion... IF they have one, of course.

Scovina
11.20.2012 , 12:17 PM | #756
Quote: Originally Posted by williambr View Post
Yeah, I'm really excited about that game. I hate that its two years out.
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.co...zen/?rid=29303
Yeah this looks pretty sweet. I can remember seeing it for the first time a while back. I think they had something like only $40,000 in donations at that point iirc. The crazy thing is I thought they would never get it off the drawing table but it seems so much closer now. I chipped in on it at the time thinking I've spent my money on much worse before so why not. It looks as if it could really be amazing and if my contribution to it comes to fruition then I'm going to be a pirate. I already have scenarios I have played out in my head and how my ship will look. It is amazing to see some of the in game rendering they have done.

TUXs
11.20.2012 , 02:41 PM | #757
It's HERE!!!!

Quote:
New incredibly challenging Weekly [HEROIC] Space Combat missions are available!
All new Grade 7 Artifact Quality Starship Upgrades are now available!
1.6, on test now!!!
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Thoop
11.20.2012 , 03:16 PM | #758
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It's HERE!!!!

1.6, on test now!!!
(jedi mind trick) "this is not the super secret space project you've been looking for."
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I've been waiting for you, Thoop. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the poster; now *I* am the troll!

Goretzu
11.21.2012 , 08:31 AM | #759
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It's HERE!!!!

1.6, on test now!!!

Any chance on a low down on what "heroic" space missions consist of?
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.21.2012 , 10:17 AM | #760
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Any chance on a low down on what "heroic" space missions consist of?
super hard mode perhaps?