Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Combat in The Old Republic (continued from pre launch)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Space Combat in The Old Republic (continued from pre launch)

Goretzu
10.30.2012 , 09:53 AM | #721
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
they said in the gamescom they a team working in the SSSP
Well I think they said it was still being worked on. Whether that was by the janitor on every 3rd blue moon, who knows.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.30.2012 , 10:04 AM | #722
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
What keeps them from announcing it, or showing you a screen shot, is that what you 'want', has NEVER been suggested as being developed. Your hopes are built upon player speculation, not statements from Bioware.
BS, they hinted several times they are working on something "revolutionary" regarding a new space implementation, what else can it be than a fully fledged space sim, Star Citizen style?

do you expect a flying microwave? railershooter PvP?
OF COURSE itīs a space sim.

TUXs
10.30.2012 , 10:17 AM | #723
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
BS, they hinted several times they are working on something "revolutionary" regarding a new space implementation, what else can it be than a fully fledged space sim, Star Citizen style?

do you expect a flying microwave? railershooter PvP?
OF COURSE itīs a space sim.
I hope you're right. But until I hear them actually DEFINE what they're working on, I will urge you to seriously throttle back your expectations. This is one of those situations where a player is hyping something Bioware has never even alluded to. PLEASE...keep your dreams realistic. Hope for the "sim", but expect little more than a tweak to what we currently have...like maybe a turret for your buddy to shoot from.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Tim-ONeil
10.30.2012 , 10:28 AM | #724
I hope you're right. But until I hear them actually DEFINE what they're working on, I will urge you to seriously throttle back your expectations. This is one of those situations where a player is hyping something Bioware has never even alluded to. PLEASE...keep your dreams realistic. Hope for the "sim", but expect little more than a tweak to what we currently have...like maybe a turret for your buddy to shoot from.
This is your best post ever TUXs.

I want it to be Jump to Lightspeed/Xwing style combat. I want that more than anything else they could ever do to this game. But that's me reading a vague statement and hoping that it means what I want it to mean. If I am disappointed in whatever this turns out to be that's on me for convincing myself that they are working on exactly what I envisioned.

Can't hold them responsible for my own over hyped expectations.
Jainā Tïm Korben Leeloo
Thana Maleficent Thrawn Dr. Horrible
The Dallas Legacy Server: Jedi Covenent US/EAST

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.30.2012 , 10:37 AM | #725
Well, they better deliver on the expectations for once.
You know what Chris Roberts is doing with some crowdfundend millions? Why should I expect anything less from a giant company with hundreds of employees? Tone the hype down and hope for a space turret on my ship for co-op rail missions?
Really, I expect to be blown away by some JTL 2 experience, otherwise I simply wonīt play it.

Goretzu
10.30.2012 , 11:21 AM | #726
The thing is they can just come out and say whatever it is, in fact they did say they would have an announcement about it "in a few weeks" back in June (I think), but nothing has been said, apart from "a whole new pixel" space.

I suspect you maybe right that the reason for this is it underwhelming or still a concept rather than a genuine development, but really they shouldn't then keep hyping it every few months and expect people not to get..... well...... hyped.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.05.2012 , 03:54 AM | #727
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
but really they shouldn't then keep hyping it every few months and expect people not to get..... well...... hyped.
They canīt be blamed for hyping anything, in fact I think there is way too little hype at the moment.
An announcement of something spectacular like a space sim addition would create some buzz again.

WarbNull
11.05.2012 , 08:26 AM | #728
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
They canīt be blamed for hyping anything, in fact I think there is way too little hype at the moment.
An announcement of something spectacular like a space sim addition would create some buzz again.
I agree. They need more hype about it. Right now it feels like they are avoiding the subject like the plague. It gives me the wrong impression, sort of like they abandoned it and are hoping for people to forget about what they said. If they mentioned some more about it right now I am sure it would keep people hyped about the game. It may even keep some from thinking about leaving and make some think about coming back. So many people want a better Free Roaming 3D Space feature that it is a given that it would help the game. It only hurts them to not comment on it.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

LordArtemis
11.05.2012 , 08:36 AM | #729
Well, i could deride them a bit for ignoring the HUGE amount of feedback with respect to space combat they have received since Beta.

I honestly dont expect anything more than expanding the current system by adding multiplayer components, and I actually think that would be a good INITIAL move on their part...improve the current system a bit, and then add a separate more thorough element later...not much later mind you, but late enough to pull some funding from profits that are drawn on F2P revenue.

Nemmar
11.05.2012 , 09:42 AM | #730
I'm gonna be honest about this: I dont care.

Thats how important this subject is. I much prefer they introduce other mini-games like swoop racing, pazak, more story, more planets, more flashpoints, more ops, more gear tiers.

A 5 minute mini-game that is in a perfectly good state does need revamping. Its a total waste of time because not many people play it anyways.

The only thing i'd like them to tweak is the sun's in the space missions. They look like an amalgam of pixels and dont shine at all. They look ugly compared to the planets, ships, asteroids, etc and somewhat remove you from the experience. Maybe the new lighting patch solves it...