Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Combat in The Old Republic (continued from pre launch)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Space Combat in The Old Republic (continued from pre launch)

phill-fry
05.23.2012 , 08:02 AM | #641
Im really hoping that they have been working on a new space system for a while and that It comes into Update 1.4 i've heard daniel errickson go on about "plans" few times which suggests they may be quite a bit into development of it

Lord_Ravenhurst
05.23.2012 , 08:08 AM | #642
Quote: Originally Posted by phill-fry View Post
Im really hoping that they have been working on a new space system for a while and that It comes into Update 1.4 i've heard daniel errickson go on about "plans" few times which suggests they may be quite a bit into development of it
1.4 ?
I wouldnīt expect that to happen before 2.0, if itīs supposed to be an epic JTL like expansion with comparable features. If itīs a largely dumbed down JTL, maybe 1.5.

Oscibi
05.23.2012 , 08:12 AM | #643
swg's JTL was pretty decent, then if you add guilds captiol ships you have a huge amount of content to explore/design

even going down the route of guild wars between same faction or at least some form of competion.
JediDuckling
this is how you play a pyrotech find your target, throw the bomb you get from unlocking at 31 points in pyrotech, grapple, flame burst, rail shot, Dead target.

Deewe
05.25.2012 , 12:31 PM | #644
Quote: Originally Posted by Oscibi View Post
swg's JTL was pretty decent, then if you add guilds captiol ships you have a huge amount of content to explore/design

even going down the route of guild wars between same faction or at least some form of competion.
WTB X-wing type of:
  • UI (map, radar, HUD...)
  • Flight dynamics
  • Engine management
  • Scenarios (Cf Tie-fighter missions)

JTL
  • Space ship interiors
  • Ships customization
  • Space ship chassis choices
  • Multiplayer space ships (transport, turrets, repair...)

Cerainly not JTL
  • UI
  • Opponents taunts
  • Flight dynamics
  • Lack of scenarios

Lord_Ravenhurst
05.27.2012 , 06:42 PM | #645
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
WTB X-wing type of:
  • UI (map, radar, HUD...)
  • Flight dynamics
  • Engine management
  • Scenarios (Cf Tie-fighter missions)

JTL
  • Space ship interiors
  • Ships customization
  • Space ship chassis choices
  • Multiplayer space ships (transport, turrets, repair...)

Cerainly not JTL
  • UI
  • Opponents taunts
  • Flight dynamics
  • Lack of scenarios
I also hope for mining and atmospheric flight, JTL type

Baptes
05.27.2012 , 07:45 PM | #646
I want something Freelancer-ish or just leave it as is and just add more missions.

Pretty much every space sim always has such awkward controls it makes it horrid to try to play. Freelancer was the exception and I've never played any space sim with quite a "out of the box, press start and play" ease but with skill you could become so freaking deadly.

I don't want a "joystick or don't bother!" kind of game when the current system plays just fine as a minigame.

Vego_Mohenjo
05.27.2012 , 11:42 PM | #647
Honestly, at this point I'd even take the current system, adjusted to let us fly around freely.

Even at that, it would be nice to be free to go where we want to do non-story/non-quest related things (such as smuggling or piracy).

trussasp
05.27.2012 , 11:47 PM | #648
I vote for a much richer space combat system, if possible.

Stephenjdoug
05.30.2012 , 09:01 AM | #649
In case someone cares that one more person agrees with the TC. Space combat like BF2, or JTL would be incredible.

I have not been playing this game to long. But did my first space mission and was extremely disappointed. i probably won't bother with it again unless/till it is redone. This game makes me miss SWG honestly. Don't get me wrong I love TOR. And like the TC said, if this games going to be the Ultimate SW experience then it should definitely change its current little space mini game.

Also considering I have not read all the pages between this one and the first. What is the Devs current statement for future plans on space combat?

dazednconfuzed
05.30.2012 , 09:03 AM | #650
Quote: Originally Posted by Stephenjdoug View Post
In case someone cares that one more person agrees with the TC. Space combat like BF2, or JTL would be incredible.

I have not been playing this game to long. But did my first space mission and was extremely disappointed. i probably won't bother with it again unless/till it is redone. This game makes me miss SWG honestly. Don't get me wrong I love TOR. And like the TC said, if this games going to be the Ultimate SW experience then it should definitely change its current little space mini game.

Also considering I have not read all the pages between this one and the first. What is the Devs current statement for future plans on space combat?
Hey, welcome to this forum's longest running, and probably most heated thread

According to the devs they have 'something big' planned for space. That's about all we know.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.