Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Combat in The Old Republic (continued from pre launch)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Space Combat in The Old Republic (continued from pre launch)

Azzras
03.01.2012 , 12:42 PM | #101
What are you planning for us, BW?
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)

Tarka
03.01.2012 , 01:05 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzras View Post
What are you planning for us, BW?
Call me cynical, but knowing how literal Bioware likes to be in order to do as little as possible, I'm going to predict that after this big hint that they are working on something they think we will like for space, we're about to see the unveiling of Tunnel shooters where a second player has control over the gunnery sight.
Supporter of having the following in the game:
Full Control Space Combat, More Playable Species (not unlockable),
Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles and other MMORPG elements
MMO's are not meant to be films, and neither should they be movie-studio set tours

Azzras
03.01.2012 , 01:20 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
Call me cynical, but knowing how literal Bioware likes to be in order to do as little as possible, I'm going to predict that after this big hint that they are working on something they think we will like for space, we're about to see the unveiling of Tunnel shooters where a second player has control over the gunnery sight.
Cynical.

Tarka
03.01.2012 , 02:59 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzras View Post
Cynical.
I suppose I asked for that rofl. Touché
Supporter of having the following in the game:
Full Control Space Combat, More Playable Species (not unlockable),
Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles and other MMORPG elements
MMO's are not meant to be films, and neither should they be movie-studio set tours

Rahl_Windsong
03.01.2012 , 03:05 PM | #105
Would love to see them add Guild ships to the game and come up with guild ship space missions where somone pilots the ship, someone else is navigator, and the others maning the gun turrets.
Captain El'amber Level 48.5 Scoundrel
Cipher Agent El'ember Level 42 Operative
Lord El'zara Level 40 Sorceress

Kourage
03.01.2012 , 03:16 PM | #106
They should give you a random mission at 50 for the daily and adjust it's difficulty accordingly. I can not stand to do Ascendancy Barrier more than twice a week.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Azzras
03.01.2012 , 05:50 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Rahl_Windsong View Post
Would love to see them add Guild ships to the game and come up with guild ship space missions where somone pilots the ship, someone else is navigator, and the others maning the gun turrets.
I believe they stated they want to add guild capital ships in the future.

Oh the potential for this game.

shepardcomander
03.01.2012 , 07:20 PM | #108
I foresee many space bars getting a work out from folks trying to give their turret gunners motion sickness.

JessRR
03.01.2012 , 08:21 PM | #109
I think that Star Wars Galaxies had great space combat because you could actually man the turrets and fight while someone piloted the ship.

I also liked how it let you move freely throughout the map.

That would be awesome if swtor would do that.

Deewe
03.01.2012 , 08:39 PM | #110
That would blow and not in the way of having fun blasting things.

BTW great post OP, still you could have saved much effort saying:

1) BioWare deceived us
2) The space shooter blows
3) They don't want to add 3D free flight, multiplayer movement
4) You'd better quit the game now if you are waiting for a nice space sim.