Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Restore Deleted Character

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LeSamourai
01.16.2012 , 04:29 PM | #21
Congrats, I've been waiting near a week now. Hopefully they see my tickets soon
meh, I just want to play SWTOR

Viareggio
01.16.2012 , 04:51 PM | #22
They restore characters by asking you to reroll and call your new toon Scooby.

JediMasterHope
01.16.2012 , 05:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by tweekk View Post
I was just wandering if a CM could possibly clarify this for us - Are you guys restoring characters at this time?

If anyone has had their character restored if you could please share your experience with us it might be helpful.

EDIT: I just logged JUST NOW like 2 minutes after I posted this and I have my character restored with a temporary name. Thank you I thought I was never gonna see her again
So it took them ten days to restore your character?

Sounan
01.16.2012 , 06:21 PM | #24
Still waiting on my character as well, Ticket 2736909, name is Sounan on the Lord Adraas server.

For the record, I fell victim to the alt-tab bug that others had, so I didn't even intentionally delete my main (alt-tabbed to my browser to brainstorm a new name for the alt that I was rerolling, and when I went back to the game to delete the alt its name came up, but my main was deleted instead).

I completely understand that there are a lot of help requests in the system, but I really am incredibly disappointed in the response time for CS for this game. Waits of a day or two, maybe 3, I can understand... but waiting 4-10+ days for character deletions that many are not responsible for? Completely unacceptable.

tweekk
01.17.2012 , 08:03 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterHope View Post
So it took them ten days to restore your character?
Yeah, that's about right.

Here's what happened. A ticket I wrote disappeared around 7-8th of January. I thought it was a bug or something but apparently that meant the ticket issue was being resolved (in progress so to speak).

Quote: Originally Posted by B3-P6 View Post

We never delete tickets. When a ticket has been escalated, this means that it appears invisible to the customer.
I believe the ticket was escalated.

When my character was restored I still had an open ticket - that was the ticket I made after the previous one disappeared. I figure that the issue was resolved based on the one that disappeared (escalated) rather than the one I wrote after that. I simply abandoned the open one as the issue was resolved and that's that.

I will iterate and say that you have to put the keyword "Scooby" in your ticket and if that ticket disappears (that means it has been escalated) that's a good sign - simply wait a few days and you will probably have your character restored. Also I was advised not to have multiple tickets open as that might slow the process for you (and other players with issues).

JediMasterHope
01.17.2012 , 12:21 PM | #26
My ticket is locked. What does that mean?

Bouncy_Hunter
01.21.2012 , 06:20 PM | #27
I dont understand why it takes 6 days for a character to be restored AFTER the ticket escalates.

btmarine
03.06.2012 , 11:53 AM | #28
I wanted to say that they restored a character of mine, it was quick and they were very helpful. Thank you again and Im writing this because I sometimes have been critical of the game, but little things like this go a long way.

OldSwab
03.07.2012 , 06:37 PM | #29
Thanks for the thread. I just deleted my toon by accident and it's nice to see they're accommodating of player mistakes. Yup, it was my fault, but I thought I had clicked on the other toon...

What would be really nice is instead of typing "delete" in the box, you have to type the name of the character you're trying to delete.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game (lvl 61 valor/400 biochem/only toon I really play) and hopeful they can help me out as well.
Before you criticize someone harshly, try and walk a mile in their shoes. That way, if they go really postal, you're safely 5000 feet away and they have no shoes.

dimariajames
03.26.2012 , 03:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by btmarine View Post
I wanted to say that they restored a character of mine, it was quick and they were very helpful. Thank you again and Im writing this because I sometimes have been critical of the game, but little things like this go a long way.
i deleted a character by mistake, and after finially getting through all the prompts on the help line, they were quick to bring back my character. because of this, im definately done with wow. these guys are great. plus the background music you get on the phone is star wars, which helps with the waiting